Currency trading (Sept. 4th > 8th)

dc2000 said:
once again a happy wasp I am thinking

You could say that... A very happy start to September. I have just moved my stoploss to bank next weeks target already. All excess is a bonus now :D

wasp said:
You could say that... A very happy start to September. I have just moved my stoploss to bank next weeks target already. All excess is a bonus now :D

bah humbug!!

You have to spend loads of money on clever software and secret-proprietary indicators, and pay signal services to make money. :LOL: :LOL:

Making money from moving averages - tis the work of the devil, I tell you. :LOL: :LOL:

( Good going, wasp. )

wasp said:
good point and something I used to be guiilty of...

I think its called FEAR! and GREED and DOUBT...

In your scenario...

You don't take the loss till the last second becuase you hope (GREED) it will turn around you won't need take that loss.

You take the money off the table early in case it doesn't go further (GREED + DOUBT) and you think you'll miss out on the profits (FEAR + GREED + DOUBT).

Hence the requirements to have a solid plan. A cunning one if possible too! :cheesy:

Wasp,

Good analysis. I was once told, as soon as you start "hoping," a trade is going to reverse...you're screwed.

T2

trendie said:
bah humbug!!

You have to spend loads of money on clever software and secret-proprietary indicators, and pay signal services to make money. :LOL: :LOL:

Making money from moving averages - tis the work of the devil, I tell you. :LOL: :LOL:

( Good going, wasp. )

I know... Damn indicators... They're lagging and late and hopeless... no-one could ever make money with them, its just not possible. :devilish:

(Cheers Trendie :D )

trendie said:
bah humbug!!

( Good going, wasp. )

Trendie,

Obviously a jab at my vendor-status. Believe it or not, I do take my "signal provider" hat off occasionally to comment on trading-related issues. Traders have made massive amounts of money "reading the tape," with no strategies at all. Some traders, however, do need these "signal services." Ask John Henry's clients about it.

Good to speak with you Trendie,

T2

damn, lost a big chunk of change on the gbpusd as a result of false RSi divergance signals !!! lucky it was a demo hehe

how do you guys tell the difference between a retracement vs a reversal?

TST,

no offense aimed at you specifically. (I only wind-up vendors that only exist to "sell", and then disappear after a few days, but you have a good following with your analyses. :) )

I was just having a go at those that think supercomputers are needed to trade, and having a laugh with wasp.

EDIT: I missed the ideal Vegas hourly short entry, and didnt look for another entry.
The really peculiar thing is, I am not fussed. I am just waiting for the next signal, and hope I get up early enough to take it. Meantime, I am catching up on my reading.

Moving avr are old indictors they being going since markets began, but waps wont tell the thread what he uses lol, is it Exp., Simple, Weighted, Mid, Double Exp smoothed.????...I could work it out, if I studied his charts, but I am intrigued why he does not want to tell the thread what he uses with such a basic method.

laptop1 said:
Moving avr are old indictors they being going since markets began, but waps wont tell the thread what he uses lol, is it Exp., Simple, Weighted, Mid, Double Exp smoothed.????...I could work it out, if I studied his charts, but I am intrigued why he does not want to tell the thread what he uses with such a basic method.

:LOL:

Laptop, you are the only person who has asked and I really see no relevance in me explaining my settings in my journal. I started the journal to help with my discipline and nothing else. I'm not out to prove anything or sell anything, just make a living trading like everyone else here (nearly!)...

Incidentally I have had 3 PMs from people who have all made the effort to work it out as they seemed bothered enough to look. I'm sure if you are, you will. I won't tell you now as its fun watching you get wound up about something so inconsequential.

trendie said:
.... I missed the ideal Vegas hourly short entry, and didnt look for another entry.
The really peculiar thing is, I am not fussed. I am just waiting for the next signal, and hope I get up early enough to take it. Meantime, I am catching up on my reading.

I'm impressed Trendie,

I was just testing a few things when the flag showed up and I wasn't going to trade today but glad I did.

If I had missed it I would have been bloody annoyed personally.

Congrat's on having the restraint and the discipline...

trendie said:
TST,

no offense aimed at you specifically. (I only wind-up vendors that only exist to "sell", and then disappear after a few days, but you have a good following with your analyses. :) )

I was just having a go at those that think supercomputers are needed to trade, and having a laugh with wasp.

EDIT: I missed the ideal Vegas hourly short entry, and didnt look for another entry.

Trendie,

No offense taken, at all. As I said prior, services such as ours aren't for everyone. We've primarily worked with institutions prior to launching our retail service in April. We know there are hurdles in establishing credibility in the public's eye, and that's something we try to do on a daily basis. Our goal is to become the Goldman Sachs of the "signal providing," industry.

Anyway, back to the discussion on actual trading.

Take care, Trendie,

T2

Really wish this thing would hurry up and break 800 if its going to...

wasp said:
:LOL:

Laptop, you are the only person who has asked and I really see no relevance in me explaining my settings in my journal. I started the journal to help with my discipline and nothing else. I'm not out to prove anything or sell anything, just make a living trading like everyone else here (nearly!)...

Incidentally I have had 3 PMs from people who have all made the effort to work it out as they seemed bothered enough to look. I'm sure if you are, you will. I won't tell you now as its fun watching you get wound up about something so inconsequential.
It seems you like traders who can be bothered to work out you moving ave cross, you said, you have had 3 PMs .…I assure you, I am not getting wound up as you say, carry on writing on trades, that nobody have seen live. I bet you dont tell about the ones that you got whipspan as you would with a moving aver cross..In fact if you want to prove me wrong, you may post you calls live, it would only take you about 30sec to post, long 1,8xxx...with the amount of writing you do everyday, I am sure you have time for that. I will post my FX trades live also with yours. I have studied cross over methods for 3 years and all my findings are you get whipped to death over time on intraday trading.

Anyway. If you want to prove me wrong, post some live calls with me, I will post my live calls on your thread if you wish. do let me know...but I think I know what the answer will be...I am her all day as I trade from home. I usually trade from 11, am to 6pm, trading the EURUSD, but my method works on cable, if you wish to trade that.

laptop1 said:
It seems you like traders who can be bothered to work out you moving ave cross, you said, you have had 3 PMs .…I assure you, I am not getting wound up as you say, carry on writing on trades, that nobody have seen live. I bet you dont tell about the ones that you got whipspan as you would with a moving aver cross..In fact if you want to prove me wrong, you may post you calls live, it would only take you about 30sec to post, long 1,8xxx...with the amount of writing you do everyday, I am sure you have time for that. I will post my FX trades live also with yours. I have studied cross over methods for 3 years and all my findings are you get whipped to death over time on intraday trading.

Anyway. If you want to prove me wrong, post some live calls with me, I will post my live calls on your thread if you wish. do let me know...but I think I know what the answer will be...I am her all day as I trade from home. I usually trade from 11, am to 6pm, trading the EURUSD, but my method works on cable, if you wish to trade that.

If you know the answer, why ask the question?

I don't care if people work out my settings nor do I care whether you believe me in the absolute slightest, nor anyone else for that matter.

I am not selling nor trying to prove anything. Not prove that I'm amazing or I'm making thousands or indicators or better than price alane. Nothing.

If you want to post live trades, be my guest but I won't as I have no need to. The tally in the journal is for my benefit not to show anything. If you look past this issue you will see I post alot of general stuff too and its not all 'I won this' or I called that'... its of no benefit to me.

Can we get back to discussing the market now?

Welcome back September

Certainly makes a difference when everyones back from holidays!

In just 2 days we have dropped down to mid month low and we still have the beige book and tomorrow the BoE announcement.

I can't imagine we will have much in the way of surprise but could be good if we do...

Question is which way! :eek:

EDIT: PS is that also what I think it may be SMBTNT?

Attachments

• a1.gif
    a1.gif
    31.5 KB · Views: 223
laptop1,

why should anyone who has spent time, money and energy developing there own strategy/method/indicator give their intellectual property to you and everyone else for free?

Last edited: