Currency trading (Sept. 4th > 8th)

to trade or not to trade

zuke said:
Wasp congrats on some excellent calls! As smnbt says, as tempting as it may be, do not limit yourself by taking pips of the table early..this baby can be milked for many more yet (which, I guess is why I am up at 4am!!)

smbtnt said:
Wasp,

Please do not be hasty in limiting your profits by setting weekly targets. IMO time of the year to fill 'em them coffers. Do not underestimate fx esp cable. You can take months or quarters off once you have experienced the whole trading year.

Good trading.

Cheers guys,

Its a strange one... I always trail my positions as I don't like to limit myself or trades and give them the opportunity to run yet having made my 2 week minimum, the fear of the rest o the week eating into those profits (esp. after Augusts hell) made me want to stop.

On the one hand, I don't want to overtrade and on the other, cable, when it moves, can be milked for plenty and without trying to sound greedy, why not!

As it goes I am still going today till BoE later but I will be taking tomorrow off for a long weekend. Its a thin line and I don't want to step on the wrong side of it after doing so well.

Did not break todays high but broke the low. But did not break yesterdays low. now what? Missed that short.. Had to dash out.

wasp said:
Cheers guys,

Its a strange one... I always trail my positions as I don't like to limit myself or trades and give them the opportunity to run yet having made my 2 week minimum, the fear of the rest o the week eating into those profits (esp. after Augusts hell) made me want to stop.

On the one hand, I don't want to overtrade and on the other, cable, when it moves, can be milked for plenty and without trying to sound greedy, why not!

As it goes I am still going today till BoE later but I will be taking tomorrow off for a long weekend. Its a thin line and I don't want to step on the wrong side of it after doing so well.

wasp, if you need a break take one!

Its better to take a healthy break from the market after a good run, than after a bad one. It helps your confidence! which i think is very important for a trader to have.

that said, i think you are experienced enough to know when a major oppotunity arrives. you will eat yourself up if you miss it!

don't forget to "make hay while the sun shines", because there will be crappy months next summer that you have to make up for...

martin brown said:
wasp, if you need a break take one!

Its better to take a healthy break from the market after a good run, than after a bad one. It helps your confidence! which i think is very important for a trader to have.

that said, i thnk you are experienced enough know when a major oppotunity arrives, you will eat yourself up if you miss it!

I don't need one thats for sure... I love doing this!

As you say, when opportunities stick out like yesterdays flag its stupid not to join in but after the BoE today I see little to sustain any excitement and as much as I would love +100 every day, it doesn't happen, I'll take what I have later and enjoy a long weekend.

EDIT: PS If today turns out be a lot of chop`and I lose money, I'm blaming all of you :LOL: :LOL:

dc2000 said:
mrng all

4am Zuke :eek:

I was up early to trade the Yen..it really is the new Cable. Cable is soooo last year!! :cheesy:

Seriously though, I am short from 835 looking for 775 (very strong Res). If we hit 795 I will take some off the table. My stop is at b/e. So Im currently +15 on Cable...bloody EUR/JPY wont fall, so Im -16 :eek:

Cheers guys,

I know that thought, for myself I have halved my normal positions as I expect the next the next two days to just provide another entry for Monday

wasp said:
I don't need one thats for sure... I love doing this!

As you say, when opportunities stick out like yesterdays flag its stupid not to join in but after the BoE today I see little to sustain any excitement and as much as I would love +100 every day, it doesn't happen, I'll take what I have later and enjoy a long weekend.

you are right, friday looks boring.

btw, i think blairs announcemnet (re:departure) due today will be THE event and will overshadow the BOE's "non event".

martin brown said:
you are right, friday looks boring.

btw, i think blairs announcemnet (re:departure) due today will be THE event and will overshadow the BOE's "non event".

Do you think Mr Blair will give his departure date? I doubt it. He will probably come out and say I am staying my full term and you can all do what you what ie go to .... :cheesy:

zuke said:
I was up early to trade the Yen..it really is the new Cable. Cable is soooo last year!! :cheesy:

Seriously though, I am short from 835 looking for 775 (very strong Res). If we hit 795 I will take some off the table. My stop is at b/e. So Im currently +15 on Cable...bloody EUR/JPY wont fall, so Im -16 :eek:

There is a God!! My -20 EUR/JPY trade just went to +67 within 30 secs!!