Currency trading (Oct 16th > 20th)

wheres it going and whats your favourite? (split)

• Total voters
Great call by those expecting the dip. As discussed on Friday it's much nicer when you get stopped out if the market continues to go in the same direction as opposed to turning around. No position and frustrated

..Empire Manf much stronger than expected...moved stop to b/e a little earlier than usual.

Good trading HB. 'Teatime'.

I wasn't convinced by the PA this afternoon, so exited for +30 after the 650 rejection. Although I use a predominantly mechanical method, i'll often over-ride holding onto a trade when the price action begins to shout a bit.

ChowClown said:
Good trading HB. 'Teatime'.

I wasn't convinced by the PA this afternoon, so exited for +30 after the 650 rejection. Although I use a predominantly mechanical method, i'll often over-ride holding onto a trade when the price action begins to shout a bit.
hi chow chow yes my grandchilren have just arrived ,
and my granson wnant me to do a jig saw with him . and make a paper plane
a lot more demanding then trading cable

Missed all the fun and games this morning. I am now:

LONG 8618 (3 lots)
Target 1 8673 (scale out 1 lot and move stop to b/e)
Final Target 8775 (close both lots)
Stop 8568

And just to add some colour to the plan Tuesday much the same with 2 lots of 60 pips on offer Wednesday providing 150 pips and a good price entry for Thursdays action around 200 pips Friday have a rest

dc2000 said:
And just to add some colour to the plan Tuesday much the same with 2 lots of 60 pips on offer Wednesday providing 150 pips and a good price entry for Thursdays action around 200 pips Friday have a rest

well
I dont know how you do it ,
but thanks for your input
kind regards
Hornblower

dc2000 said:

isnt it going to retrace today, up until midnight ?
(peak arrived at 15:00 bar instead of 14:00 bar - need to re-evaluate my count)

then tomorrow, continue on its upswing, peaking at 16:00, before backing off.
( possible slow burn tomorrow, major action from about 11:00 onwards. :eek: )

:cheesy: :cheesy:

isnt it going to retrace today, up until midnight ?

no idea I would prefer a good sideways 595/625 area we need a 664 in 2 stages tomorrow

dc2000 said:

Tuesday will actually see a drop down to circa 550 and then back up to 575, then down to 372 Wednesday. Thursday will see a 60 pip pullback the another drop to 242 to finish on a quiet day Friday.

taken a long at 1.8606.
placed a limit order to add at 1.8560, should it do anything overnight.

dc2000 said:
Tooo much vodka my russian friend

I know I'm aiming a lttle higher but I don't need every pip and so little need to wait till 218. That'll do me :D

PS: No such thing as too much Vodka :cheesy:

guten morgen herren und damen,

my system has me long from 1.8579 yesterday, reversing to short at 1.8622 (at time of writing i've missed the high at 1.8623, takes too long to get the data and process it to pick up the trades in the first 2 hours),
so my system is stuck short for the day, though I think i would take profits (no reverse) at st2 = 1.8571

the probability framework pre-open Oct 17 is as follows

lt2 1.8695 .376
lt1 1.8667 .617
bstop 1.8638 .891
sstop 1.8622 .883 hit already
st1 1.8597 .594
st2 1.8571 .362

after my post last night around 10:30, mkt at 8610, i suggested an equal chance of hitting 8520 and
8645, implying at that time the pips for the risk was weighted to shorting. I thought about it after and mused that at the halfway point between 8520 and 8645 , i.e. 8582 the risk weighting would come into equilibrium. So i observe with interest this morning that the downmove that did happen after my post in fact hit 8581 and then turned around and hit 8648 which was the day's high and just above lt2. more supportive evidence for this framework? (another 98 instances to go)