Currency Trading (Nov 20th - Nov 24th)

Where will GBPUSD close at the end of theis week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ChowClown said:
8994.6 long re-armed.
Closed for -7. Taking a Thanksgiving break sounds a good idea. I'll still be here tomorrow morning to see how the land lies.

a_gnome said:
Hi Baruch,

Firstly, just to introduce myself, I'm a long time lurker and occasional contributor to this forum.

I've been looking at news trading recently with mixed results. Given your comments on trading the USDCAD news release earlier, I was wondering how you personally go about trading news releases.

I just follow the flow - and the fundamentals. I always try to get in before the spike, but if I can't do that (and that's not possible most of the times) I buy/sell the first pullback. And I always use a tight stop.

Tiny range again in Asia, which I hope is not a precursor to another rangebound day. I would hope that the Bank of England minutes and US figures will promote some movement.

Offshore Trader said:
Tiny range again in Asia, which I hope is not a precursor to another rangebound day. I would hope that the Bank of England minutes and US figures will promote some movement.

morning OT, where do you have your range

Well, I normally consider the Asian range to finish at 8 so it has broken already and is around 30 points and getting bigger as I write. Disappointing so far that I have bought Cable on Monday and Tuesday and managed to lose money. Better day today hopefully

jacinto said:
pennant anyone? if so,measured target 9050

well, that pennant did end up hitting its target. This must have been the slowest continuation pattern i have seen in a long time. 2 Days to reach target. too bad it was traded on monday and closed that same day on apparent failure to reach 1.90

lets see what we get today. good luck all.

Priceman said:
Hi Chow,

I have watched it bounce off the 100ema three times now on the hourly, so that's where my stop is. I am currently long with a target of 9010 firstly then if the move is strong enough the 50 mark, can't see that today though.

What a frustrating morning though!
Well i would have been quids in if I had stayed with this, the movement didn't look great though so I got out for a small loss so far this week ! Maybe a spike back upto today's high depending on the BOE news then down some more? Not sure there's much more upside this morning, but then again... trend is my friend after all. Double bottom on the 15min so could be a little more to the upside...

good luck all

Morning all, bull flag on 5min with a target at my long entry for the day, typically buying high, selling higher. ;)

Priceman said:
Well i would have been quids in if I had stayed with this, the movement didn't look great though so I got out for a small loss so far this week ! Maybe a spike back upto today's high depending on the BOE news then down some more? Not sure there's much more upside this morning, but then again... trend is my friend after all. Double bottom on the 15min so could be a little more to the upside...

good luck all

I am just going to wait for better times
not traded the last few days
I think there is no point in looking to grab a few point , in the past I have lost money doing that
just gong to wait and grab a lot
good luck to all
hornblower

hornblower said:
I am just going to wait for better times
not traded the last few days hornblower

That was a good call. Seriously, I am going to take this week off next year and go somewhere warm and sunny

ChowClown said:
Morning all, bull flag on 5min with a target at my long entry for the day, typically buying high, selling higher. ;)
Long 9063 and just 20 pips headroom against average range. Will tighten to breakeven slightly earlier given chance.

Last edited: