S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2021

I'm going with Buzz Light Year this week and reaching for 4000 (y)

Last edited:
Ok here goes Week 12 forecasts for the SPX 500 cash call for Friday's market close resting place.

I have come out to be the most bullish and Nowler putting on his Victor Meldrew "I don't believe it!" impersonation, still feeling bearish.

Wishing you all a prosperous trading week. Enjoy the sun... :cool:

1615839661351.png

About time the Black Box took a gold medal... and well done to Nowler for being the only other bear taking the silver this week.

1616277176325.png

Barjon maintains top position in the league table with Oscar in second place.

Next week will be decider and potentially any one of 6 players can win.

Put your forecasting caps on and have a g8 weekend.

1616277277420.png

Hi Folks,

Here are forecasts for the last week of Quarter 1. Decider week. It's a shame Nowler overslept, missing deadline.

Good luck to the 7 bulls and 1 bear. Great to see SPX500 having its usual spritely start to the week.

Wishing you all happy days and prosperous trading. :)

1616430441348.png

Am I too late?
I need to start making my predictions on a Sunday... I get lost in a sea of work on a Monday.

If I am not too late then i'd like to go with 3925 - If I am too late, then no worries :)

Am I too late?
I need to start making my predictions on a Sunday... I get lost in a sea of work on a Monday.

If I am not too late then i'd like to go with 3925 - If I am too late, then no worries :)

Hi Nowler et al,

Because it is the last week and couple of bods can take the top place, I will have to exclude this forecast. Otherwise it will impact placings. Sorry matey but last week is always somewhat delicate on outcome of places.

I've put your entry in grey as a late entry but will not be awarded any points or medals.

(y)

Hi Nowler et al,

Because it is the last week and couple of bods can take the top place, I will have to exclude this forecast. Otherwise it will impact placings. Sorry matey but last week is always somewhat delicate on outcome of places.

I've put your entry in grey as a late entry but will not be awarded any points or medals.

(y)

All good buddy :)
Understandable

1616841187160.png

Well done to our golden boy Barjon
who is the
SPX500 Forecasting
Champion for Quarter 1 - 2021.

Barjon made some heavenly calls taking 3 gold medals in 6 weekly forecasts. Two calls coming within just less than half a point. That is quite a feat.

1616841388746.png

Barjon

1616840714216.png

1nvest has come in 4 points behind with 9 points takes silver.
Oscar Reed, who held the lead for a while in third place, takes the bronze medal with 8 points.

1616841511952.png

As it happens no one finished on negative points.

Now for some stats over the first quarter.

The average points scoring was 6.2
Average Forecast variance was 115 points.
Actual Average Trading Range ATR was 83 points.
Forecasters were 2/3 bullish and 1/3 bearish.
Most interestingly - Weighted and Simple Average players were just that Average and did well to get 7 points each.
Sadly - the Black Box system didn't do so well with just 3 points off the bottom. I was expecting BB to do better. I'll have to have some words with the creator...

Thank you for all participating.

We will be starting Quarter 2 next week so scores go back to zero. As before there will be running score board too until the end of the year so all points count.

Any new forecasters who would like to join the league table - next week would be an ideal time to start.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend of sun and fun... :)

View attachment 298453

Well done to our golden boy Barjon
who is the
SPX500 Forecasting
Champion for Quarter 1 - 2021.

Barjon made some heavenly calls taking 3 gold medals in 6 weekly forecasts. Two calls coming within just less than half a point. That is quite a feat.

View attachment 298454

Barjon

View attachment 298452

1nvest has come in 4 points behind with 9 points takes silver.
Oscar Reed, who held the lead for a while in third place, takes the bronze medal with 8 points.

View attachment 298455
As it happens no one finished on negative points.

Now for some stats over the first quarter.

The average points scoring was 6.2
Average Forecast variance was 115 points.
Actual Average Trading Range ATR was 83 points.
Forecasters were 2/3 bullish and 1/3 bearish.
Most interestingly - Weighted and Simple Average players were just that Average and did well to get 7 points each.
Sadly - the Black Box system didn't do so well with just 3 points off the bottom. I was expecting BB to do better. I'll have to have some words with the creator...

Thank you for all participating.

We will be starting Quarter 2 next week so scores go back to zero. As before there will be running score board too until the end of the year so all points count.

Any new forecasters who would like to join the league table - next week would be an ideal time to start.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend of sun and fun... :)

Any word back from Sharky on prizes?

Well played Barjon.