S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2022

Thanks to @Atilla who's shared with me the spreadsheet and has been very accommodating with the handover. I hope to relaunch the competition shortly!

Any chance we can drop One of the averages. Still leaves Two others to contend with.

What I want to know is ----------------- will Att come back as a player !

Last edited:
I've reached out to @Atilla to see if he can handover to me and we can get the weekly S&P contest going again. If you were a regular entrant and therefore poster on here, do let me know if it's something you'd be interested in participating again.
Sounds good.
Count me in.

Sure, but first you'll need to explain what you mean by averages?! I'm planning on going over the spreadsheet tomorrow. :LOL:

Well, as I understand it, there are 3 averages that play alongside the players in the comp.

1) Weekly Average of all players forecasts.
2) Weighted average, which must be some sort of trend bias input.
3) Another 1 which Att called, his black box calculation average. Or something like that.

Thing is, it's hard enough for players to amass points over time without all these averages robbing us blind every week. :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure we could probably lose at least 1 of them, maybe 2, leaving the last one in play as a joker in the pack if you will.

I'm pleased to announce, belatedly, the winners and prizes of the S&P 500 contest for 2022:

Quarter 1 - @counter_violent - $50
Quarter 2 - @Atilla - $50
Quarter 3 - @counter_violent $50
Quarter 4 - (did not run)

The overall annual places were:

1st Place - @counter_violent - $37.50*
2nd Place - @Velo - $22.50*
3rd Place - @Atilla - $15*

* Updated to reflect 3 out of 4 quarters played.

Well done everyone! Thanks to Atilla for his hard work running the contest.

I'm please to announce that T2W will takeover the running of the contest for 2023, starting in Q2 (beginning of April).

Look out for a new competition thread shortly!

Well, as I understand it, there are 3 averages that play alongside the players in the comp.

1) Weekly Average of all players forecasts.
2) Weighted average, which must be some sort of trend bias input.
3) Another 1 which Att called, his black box calculation average. Or something like that.

Thing is, it's hard enough for players to amass points over time without all these averages robbing us blind every week. :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure we could probably lose at least 1 of them, maybe 2, leaving the last one in play as a joker in the pack if you will.

CV old bean,

You can drop my BB_Tfs_V2 but I'd recommend keeping the Mean Average and Weigthed Average. It is a good baseline to see if the field with Weighted Average is outperforming Basic Average forecasts.

Also, the MA and WA don't participate in prize money so no one really looses out.

Keep MA & WA in and drop BB_Tfs_V2. The only downside is they take some time (minutes) to calculate.

Would you feel better if we changed name to T2W_AI_Bot or something else? AI seems to be all the craze at the mo.

Last edited:
CV old bean,

You can drop my BB_Tfs_V2 but I'd recommend keeping the Mean Average and Weigthed Average. It is a good baseline to see if the field with Weighted Average is outperforming Basic Average forecasts.

Also, the MA and WA don't participate in prize money so no one really looses out.

Keep MA & WA in and drop BB_Tfs_V2. The only downside is they take some time (minutes) to calculate.

Would you feel better if we changed name to T2W_AI_Bot or something else? AI seems to be all the craze at the mo.

Sure, they are only suggestions. I'm fine with losing 1 of them. Just trying to simplify the admin process for Sharky.

CV old bean,

Thanks for the feedback Atilla!

Sure, they are only suggestions. I'm fine with losing 1 of them. Just trying to simplify the admin process for Sharky.
Good of you to think of me 😅

Just a heads-up I'm starting work on the contest today, and should be ready for first entries for Q2, 2023 in just over a week's time.

The new contest thread is now live here: 🎉

Entries will open next Friday, 31st March and must be received before US market open on 3rd April.