FX-2007: Jan 08 > Jan 12

How was 2006 for you? (compared to 04/05)

• Above average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Below average returns

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No meaningful returns - still learning

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Got better - improved strategy

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Got better - improved money management

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Got better - improved psychology/mentoring

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ChowClown said:
...stop to b/e, sooner than usual based on no news day and long bias, from this week's swing north so far....now flat vebo.

this is one annoying day, definetely. should have stayed out altogether myself. good for you you managed to stay BE, as opposed to us. good luck with the swing.

j

...hi J, was lucky to be given the opportunity on that little test below 400. It could well tank from here of course, but given the information at the time, it made sense to reduce the risk (to my mind). I'll be swinging short on confirmation in any case. Current stop on long swing trade 9354.

ChowClown said:
...hi J, was lucky to be given the opportunity on that little test below 400. It could well tank from here of course, but given the information at the time, it made sense to reduce the risk (to my mind). I'll be swinging short on confirmation in any case. Current stop on long swing trade 9354.

I unfortunately got the long signal at 25ish, when it turned, knowing where was the most likely low of the day so far (see chart, green line :eek: )

good luck with the swing.

j

edit: also, notice WW in chart replaced

Last edited:
What a frustrating day. Shades of december again. Got stopped out by only a couple of points on the move up at 1.25 which is the difference between a small profit and a small loss. Spent the whole day trying to sell cable and didn't make money :devilish:

'Til tomorrow guys.......

ChowClown said:
Current stop on long swing trade 9354.
..moved to b/e. Swing short beginning to line up...

EDIT: still waiting for confirmation....

Last edited:
not switched to long position yet, prob later today or overnight somewhere near 347 would be ok

dc2000 said:
not switched to long position yet, prob later today or overnight somewhere near 347 would be ok
You are the man DC ! Luckily I stayed in too but didn't put a limit at that level so got out when I saw what was happening this morning at 60

Ok so maybe DC's in a long now... need more confirmation myself first

Good luck all

Priceman said:
You are the man DC ! Luckily I stayed in too but didn't put a limit at that level so got out when I saw what was happening this morning at 60

Ok so maybe DC's in a long now... need more confirmation myself first

Good luck all

:cheesy:

jacinto said:

the stinking news got me out for breakeven on my swing long from 9360 last night...by 1 pip so far.

now i have doubts of the long case. 240 min setup still long and intact, daily will confirm a pinbar for short as long as today price stays below 9430, and closes below 9400

bu99er

I was in a long this morning but came out for -10. Now gone short and may re-arm long around 50 area providing it doesn't drop like a stone... in that case I'll just stay in ;)

Anyone else in today?

Priceman said:
I was in a long this morning but came out for -10. Now gone short and may re-arm long around 50 area providing it doesn't drop like a stone... in that case I'll just stay in ;)

Anyone else in today?
i'm still in short from 351

Priceman said:

Anyone else in today?

i am now scavenging....err, scalping here and there.