FX-2007: Feb 5th > Feb 9th

Whats your weapon of choice?

• Total voters
I'm looking for a pullback to 9650 ish and then back up

Am short from 699 with a stop at b/e and a limit order to reverse at 646

Edit:
Taking longer than I hoped so limit reversal now at 660

Last edited:
Everything looking stretched atm, EUR/GBP on the floor and the same with swissy.

Gone short on cable @ 9704 will add to 9750 stops 9767 Targeting 9590 for now

Have a sneaky feeling BOE might do it again on Thursday but not sure how much is already priced in, could be an interesting day.

Yesterdays rise doesn't bode well for a skyrocket Thursday but with cable, who knows...

Have to ask John, how is EG? Born and raised, Blackwell and Sackville and tended bar in half the pubs and hotels there in my time! Still the same...?

wasp said:
Yesterdays rise doesn't bode well for a skyrocket Thursday but with cable, who knows...

Have to ask John, how is EG? Born and raised, Blackwell and Sackville and tended bar in half the pubs and hotels there in my time! Still the same...?

Hi Wasp

Only been here for about 4 years, but from what I gather from others it hasn't changed much :)

I like it as we are so close to Ashdown forest which the dogs love.

dc2000 said:
that would be the general consensus and hence the need to be market neutral

Agreed

However if it does get above 9750 I don't see much topside potential above 9830 and the Oct TL is getting pretty close below around 9560/80, it's held 5 times now but each time the bounce is getting less.

Attachments

• cable tl daily.gif
    cable tl daily.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 206
ok, missed the high by 14, but got the daily close right (seems like my indicator is good for closes on the daily, then again, the main input are closing prices :rolleyes: ).

do i get my badge back? :cheesy:

down day tomorrow. dont see it beyond 9765, and the only surpise we will get from BOE will be that there is no surpise. :cheesy: Edit: did I ever mention that i was an economist working for a central banker before? ;)

j

My crytal ball is broken

I'm not a fan of predictions, I like to trade the action as I see it but here's a bit of speculation for ya!

Sod all tomorrow, range bound and bouncy, followed by a BoE shoot to the stars, pullback then $2 here we come...........

Attachments

• final answer.gif
    final answer.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Morning all

No change in outlook or strategy for me. still holding 9704 short and added another @ 9720 stops are at 9768 and initial target is 9590 but will just trail stops down if we break through there tomorrow.

On the Yen the markets seem to have got ahead of themselves prior to the G7, the realisation that there probably will be no comment means that the carry trades look like being rebuilt for the time being. I'm still not sure how much further the yen can weaken and I think we will get a very large correction within the next month or so. Nothing on spot for me but have 2 option plays geared towards further yen weakness against the pound over the next 1-3 weeks.

aud/nzd down 4am to 9am
aud/jap up 5am to 9am

I seem to be trading and sleeping at the wrong time

Morning all,
Still grinding away with Vebo Variant. Had a good day yesterday, getting in at 19644 and have just now reversed to short at 19700.

Let's see how it goes today.

Profitable trading to all

Short at 88 triggered by the figures, so I hope Jacinto's magic touch from yesterday is around today again......

Offshore Trader said:
Short at 88 triggered by the figures, so I hope Jacinto's magic touch from yesterday is around today again......
i hope so mate, but i am unsure as this hasnt had the followthrough i expected. it entered at 90 on the same side of you, and closed at BE basically after entering since price didnt bust 70 fast enough.

regarding the magic touch, well, thank you, but as i said yesterday, if this were a bet, i would bet against me :cheesy:

good luck
j

went back in, same entry 90, tight stop

Last edited:
Nope, do you? Thinking of changing for some unknown, bizarre reason?!! :LOL:

Not looking for an Irish one are you?! :cheesy:

signed up to, and spent a bit of time on forexfactory. Pop in from time to time.

I can't go elsewhere, I've got too many green dots to go and leave now!!!