Currency trading (Sept. 4th > 8th)

Hi trendie
Its something Ive been meaning to get round to for a while but all this trading malarky gets in the way

(thanks dc)

Have been following Firewalkers S/R journey, and also wasps journal.
Think I am beginning to see S/R lines now, but still with some help with MT-4s "Zig-Zag" function.

Line A: This is where I can clearly see a number of Support points giving way.
Line B: today. Better example, as Support gives way and starts to act as Resistance.
Zone C: a bit messier, but there is a clear zone where price is rejected from going higher.

FW is using a push-through by X pips to trade.
Are there any other methods of determining when support is going to give way?
Any recommended reading on trading S/Rs?

Attachments

• sr_example.GIF
    sr_example.GIF
    153.9 KB · Views: 276
is that hornblower that also frequents advfn?

ive just started looking at t2w, seems like theres lots of options available lol, too many for my simple mind perhaps... didnt know you dealt with FX?
good luck

trendie said:
(thanks dc)

Have been following Firewalkers S/R journey, and also wasps journal.
Think I am beginning to see S/R lines now, but still with some help with MT-4s "Zig-Zag" function.

Line A: This is where I can clearly see a number of Support points giving way.
Line B: today. Better example, as Support gives way and starts to act as Resistance.
Zone C: a bit messier, but there is a clear zone where price is rejected from going higher.

FW is using a push-through by X pips to trade.
Are there any other methods of determining when support is going to give way?
Any recommended reading on trading S/Rs?

Personally I use them as a trailing stop level primarily but have been looking into them for use a SAR strat.

Rather than the larger more important areas, I'm only looking for a few trades per day so I look only really a the most recent and also, I tend not to use anything that price has moved through. I think thats partly as I'm not looking that widely and partly because I don't want a million lines on a chart and not allowing price to go anywhere at all.

I have found that the most recent (with no break through between now and that level) are great points to use for trails and SAR.

As your not using the MA cross strat, the SAR theory might be good to look at... see attatched.

Attachments

• a1.gif
    a1.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 229
  • sar1.gif
    sar1.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 222
tpaulbeaumont said:
is that hornblower that also frequents advfn?

ive just started looking at t2w, seems like theres lots of options available lol, too many for my simple mind perhaps... didnt know you dealt with FX?
good luck

Hi paul
yes I gave up on advfn several months ago , for the same reason that you are here now !

great start to the morning!
I missed my Vegas SHORT entry by about 20 minutes! ( at 1.9040 )

Glad I stood aside yesterday - saved myself a whipping.

day 2 of the NZD/JPY "carry trade" kamikaze attack.

lots of damage done, but its now at the previous congestion zone on the daily chart. so may get a bounce here...

actually the daily chart looks very much like the s&p500! :eek:

Attachments

• nzd_jpy2.jpg
    nzd_jpy2.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
martin brown said:
ah, so now you remember why you decided to trade this market! :LOL:

Oh yes... I also plan on taking all holidays in August from here on too :LOL:

Morning all, managed to get my short in at 9040 yesterday and my first TP is at 8957.