Currency Trading (Nov 6th > Nov 10th)

Where will GBPUSD close on Friday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Offshore Trader said:
Morning all. No significant data that I can see. Hope we get some movement though

I think we are wasting our time until after the us elections
have been completed

ChowClown said:
If 8949 holds as the low for today, i have an hrly chart pattern targeting the 9078 - 9128 zone (not necessarily for today). Any lower than 8944 today and the pattern fails. Today's vebo long order triggers at 9011.
...pattern still in play, 90 odd pip move over night towards the reversal zone (9078-9128). If we don't see much higher than 9078 then reversal target zone = 8998 to 9014. My breakout orders this morning are completely at odds with this...marvellous.

hi chaps
profit taken now on the sidelines until later this afternoon

rav700 said:
You are not alone :confused:
I got in at 60 as well.....currently 43

hmmmm

and me, frustrating market but with the US elections it might not do too much. With the hike in UK rates more or less discounted hopefully after today their will be a bit more volatility.

Morning all..Im staying off Cable today..I have shorts on GBP/CAD and GBP/JPY as well as a short on the Dow from 12105

All failing miserably at the mo :eek:

Offshore Trader said:
and me, frustrating market but with the US elections it might not do too much. With the hike in UK rates more or less discounted hopefully after today their will be a bit more volatility.

the picture is not necessarily bad IMHO. see charts. target for this move up is the white dotted line. The yellow dotted line should be the reversal level.

Jacinto

Edit: target should be the upper white dotted line.

Last edited:
as well as a short on the Dow from 12105
you should get an exit and even a small profit early doors on that one Im waiting for a long entry or short the160s

It's a shame that the Euro is dominating the EUR/GBP cross and so it dampens down all the Cable moves. Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon. Stop from 60 long now at 40

ChowClown said:
...b/e a little earlier than usual and will take profit around +30 if we get there before 4pm. Will be away from the screen for a while.

Last edited:
jacinto said:
the picture is not necessarily bad IMHO. see charts. target for this move up is the white dotted line. The yellow dotted line should be the reversal level.

Jacinto

Edit: target should be the upper white dotted line.

target met. next target 9100 (ish), for reversal. or continuation.

Jacinto

Great call and you did my morale lots of good. I was convinced I had a loser. Taken 1/2 profit at +40

S/L on rest at +15

Cheers mate

Offshore Trader said:
Jacinto

Great call and you did my morale lots of good. I was convinced I had a loser. Taken 1/2 profit at +40

S/L on rest at +15

Cheers mate

no worries. PITCHFORK POWER!

DC is right, break of yellow line targets upper pink line at around 9140ish. so far, missed the measured move by 8 pips (at 9110) but well, S#!T happens.

honestly, i think yellow line is reversal zone.

Jacinto

jacinto said:
no worries. PITCHFORK POWER!

DC is right, break of yellow line targets upper pink line at around 9140ish. so far, missed the measured move by 8 pips (at 9110) but well, S#!T happens.

honestly, i think yellow line is reversal zone.

Jacinto

got carried away, sorry, target met at 9110.

Has anyone heard of Andrews Pitchforks? Really interesting tool for trends, support and resistance, etc.

ChowClown said:
...b/e a little earlier than usual and will take profit around +30 if we get there before 4pm. Will be away from the screen for a while.
..back again, and was stopped out for +35 (full load)...happy with that given wasn't watching. Cable certainly tested patience before the break.