Brexit and the Consequences

And in a spectacular own-goal over the weekend, the UK's National Crime Agency stopped a lorry smuggling migrants OUT of the Country, while boatloads of migrants flooded across the channel onto the South Coast unhindered.

:ROFLMAO:

In 2018, UK fleets landed fish worth £32m in Norwegian waters, according to the government.

Since the UK left the EU,

..... that figure is £0.

UK Fisheries chief executive Jane Sandell reflected that the UK government had failed "even to maintain the rights we have had to fish in Norwegian waters for decades".

Neither country is an EU member state, but that doesn't seem to have enabled them to negotiate a mutually beneficial agreement.

Of course, what Norway can continue to do, is sell their fish products to the UK tariff-free, while UK fishing vessels are excluded from their waters, a key source of Atlantic Cod for UK markets.

🐟🐟🐟

We didnt think the French would set up a blockade....

Said nobody, ever!
It's more a case of what follows the blockade... much like after a silent fart, smell lingers on upsetting the habitants. More importantly trade flows.

This fishy Brexit business is becoming awfully smelly. :rolleyes:

Well I don't know if anybody saw this one coming...

Heck, the French can cripple Jersey any time they want with near zero effort.

Poxy little rock is entirely dependent on the French mainland for just about everything.
Cut it's power and internet, sink a toxic wreck in the harbour mouth and revoke it's banking licence.

They'll be begging French fishing boats back into their waters in under a week.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

More progress on splitting up the UK:

The UK is proposing to phase in new Irish Sea border checks on food products in four stages from October.

It's taking forever, but it's getting there.

Place your bets:

Which will get back into the EU 1st, Scotland or Northern Ireland ??

:unsure:

Yet more progress towards restoring 'the troubles' and breaking up the UK.

DUP MLAs and MPs find themselves once again looking for a new leader, as Poots resigns after a mere 21 days as leader.

A planned North-South Ministerial Council (NSMC) for today on cross-border co-operation between the governments of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland has been cancelled.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Errrrrr, Boris, about that border and troops on the streets and all that...... better dust off those contingency plans.

Rumour has it, there's about to be a shortage of sausages and such pretty soon too.

🥓

Yet more progress towards restoring 'the troubles' and breaking up the UK.

DUP MLAs and MPs find themselves once again looking for a new leader, as Poots resigns after a mere 21 days as leader.

A planned North-South Ministerial Council (NSMC) for today on cross-border co-operation between the governments of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland has been cancelled.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Errrrrr, Boris, about that border and troops on the streets and all that...... better dust off those contingency plans.

Rumour has it, there's about to be a shortage of sausages and such pretty soon too.

🥓
Does anyone in Government know what they are doing?

At present, several supermarkets, in the UK, have empty shelves. We have Covid-19 here but, so do countries in the EU. What they don't have is empty shelves in their supermarkets. I can't help but wonder how long it will be before politicians, who promoted the "Vote Leave" campaign, on both sides of the house, admit that Brexit was a terrible mistake. I have no doubt that we will be applying to rejoin within the next 5-10 years.

Where is the upside to Brexit? I didn't vote as I thought it was a fatuous ignorant ill informed idea and could not make an informed judgement. Nobody expected it -nobody expected Putin to win the 2016 US election and look how that turned out

Where is the upside to Brexit? I didn't vote as I thought it was a fatuous ignorant ill informed idea and could not make an informed judgement. Nobody expected it -nobody expected Putin to win the 2016 US election and look how that turned out
Good question. "Where is the upside?" I haven't seen it so far and I'm sure that business owners haven't seen it either. From what I read about the results of Brexit, too many businesses have been adversely affected.

I was wondering about our great leaders who took us into Brexit and what remarkable upstanding super citizens they are.

Boris, Cummings, Gove, Moggy and few other remarkables.

Thank goodness for those clever cloggs otherwise we'd still be with that strong iron lady lookalikes, what's her face. You know that strong and stable horse face or other.

Super cabinet team that we have.

Didn't Matt Bonkcock do well to pick the brexit winning team. Such an honourable man stepping down to maintain our good standards.

Can't wait for the next few Brexit years. What marvellous delights are in store for us.
:unsure:

At present, several supermarkets, in the UK, have empty shelves. We have Covid-19 here but, so do countries in the EU. What they don't have is empty shelves in their supermarkets. I can't help but wonder how long it will be before politicians, who promoted the "Vote Leave" campaign, on both sides of the house, admit that Brexit was a terrible mistake. I have no doubt that we will be applying to rejoin within the next 5-10 years.
We have a lot of current subjects worthy of debate, but rejoining the failing EU is not one of them.

Brexit is done and all opposition has been crushed. Labour don't talk about it and were crushed at the last election. Libs also crushed. Just who exactly is going to lead your campaign?

It's just a fanciful dream Alan.
Maybe one of these !

Last edited:
How you going to play this out? From a traders view

Loss of markets and deteriorating Ballance of Payments. Ultimately leading to the reduced purchasing power of the pound.

Similar to how UK found it self post WWII.

Anyone who has some idea of economic history of the British Empire and how the rise and decline played out would know that since the height around 1880s with the great exhibition at Crystal Palace, it's been all down hill.

Effectively, declining industries and loss of markets.

The question you ask is a very potent and fundamental one. One that I'm sure is challenging the minds of many academics and industrialists. What is our edge. What is our USP. Where are the cash cows of tomorrow?

I would have to ask what are we doing that is different to 50s or 60s or even 70s and 80s. Carry on as you were.

I don't know is the answer but I am not optimistic about our future. Fundamentals and paradigm shifts have occurred but UK is still snuggling up to Uncle Sam's arse.

Ultimately, one would have to look at the pound as to whether UK is earning her way and keep on the international stage.
Struggling to hold 1.40 against the $. We've come down from the heights of $10, $8 and $4 once upon a time in the West.

I do not see our leaders being of men of integrity but standards falling. Civil servants holding multiple jobs with conflict of interest. PM is a fundamental obsessive and compulsive LIAR (carrying on from the tailes of BLIAR). Cabinet ministers awarding contracts to their vested companies. Government policy made on the fly to fill ministers pockets. Moggy voting for Brexit to avoid financial transaction tax and moving operations to Ireland. I mean we are becoming a banana republic. It fills me with dredge that the British public are turning a blind eye to all these transgressions of good civil practice and breaches of integrity.

Do you not see it?

Do you still believe in flip flop Boris with his vain ambitions trying to emulate Churchill.

Labour party full of nit twits.

How would I trade Brexit... Can I come back to you in 10 years time... Right now dunno. Not expecting much joy and plenty of more misery to come.

Looking forward to my retirement which is on the horizon just over the Wessex Downs.

Last edited: