Brexit and the Consequences

I dont' think so.
Maybe EU is managed by idiots but it is a great thing.
UK would like to restore its Empire with NZ and Canada but there is just a little problem, it lies in front of France, good luck importing stuff from NZ ...
Before pandemic I used to visit ad spend my money in UK pretty often, now I need a passport and I am too lazy to apply for it. 😁
So I will spend my money in Italy.
Switzerland has never been in EU but does not require passport for tourism...
Its not a great 'thing'.
It was a great 'idea' with open borders free trade and ultimately one big block of people living in harmony handing out hugs and coca cola. But it metamorphasised into a grotesque Hydra with many heads all trying to bite each other. Each country only sticking to the rules that suited them. Migrants being allowed against the rules to move unhindered across several countries until they reached their preferred destination.
There was no one cohesive persona that we all shared and we Brits still view the French with the same scepticism that we did at Agincourt.
It would have taken a civil war and hundreds of years to get everyone to pull together as one like they did in the US.

Its not a great 'thing'.
It was a great 'idea' with open borders free trade and ultimately one big block of people living in harmony handing out hugs and coca cola. But it metamorphasised into a grotesque Hydra with many heads all trying to bite each other. Each country only sticking to the rules that suited them. Migrants being allowed against the rules to move unhindered across several countries until they reached their preferred destination.
There was no one cohesive persona that we all shared and we Brits still view the French with the same scepticism that we did at Agincourt.
It would have taken a civil war and hundreds of years to get everyone to pull together as one like they did in the US.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

100% agree , and US is not so integrated.
There are good and bad moves, like building walls vs removing walls...
Brexit has been a very emotional and populistic decision.
EU is very far from perfect but blaming EU for everything is a very convenient position.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Thanks for the clear concise and erudite retort.

we Brits still view the French with the same scepticism that we did at Agincourt.
pinch of salt here.....

Agincourt.... where the arrogant French twat with an English Crown made clear he was prepared to slaughter half of France in his desire to also wear the French crown.

Then again, that's traditional British Diplomacy, so it's probably irrelevant he barely spoke a word of English.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think much is made of this AZ vaccine but UK also partaking in some skull duggery of sorts. I heard the EU financed AZ research and the agreement was that when solution discovered EU would be given vaccine at cost price to EU.

Do not wish to take anything away from the British or AZ thunder and good for them thus far making capital out of a crises. Similarly, I do think some in the EU, like France and Germany were watching the British roll out test results before adopting the drug. How we conduct our selves here will have repercussions further down the line that's for sure.

I do feel the vaccine is over played and still hold the view come next winter some mutated Covid strains will still be doing the rounds as they are at present.

The elderly will still be dying in higher than above average.

I just hope these useless lockdowns are put in place for the lil ol biddies who need them and life returns back to normal.

The real solution will be to strenghten health systems.
This pandemic highlighted an Achille's heel of our civilization.
More money for health and less money for stupid stuff.

I think much is made of this AZ vaccine but UK also partaking in some skull duggery of sorts. I heard the EU financed AZ research and the agreement was that when solution discovered EU would be given vaccine at cost price to EU.

Do not wish to take anything away from the British or AZ thunder and good for them thus far making capital out of a crises. Similarly, I do think some in the EU, like France and Germany were watching the British roll out test results before adopting the drug. How we conduct our selves here will have repercussions further down the line that's for sure.

I do feel the vaccine is over played and still hold the view come next winter some mutated Covid strains will still be doing the rounds as they are at present.

The elderly will still be dying in higher than above average.

I just hope these useless lockdowns are put in place for the lil ol biddies who need them and life returns back to normal.
Well unless you have access to the contract that was signed youre just guessing.
I'm sure there are 'news' stories out there that give multiple explanations of what happened but you have chosen the one that suits your narrative. But dont feel bad, we all do it.

Well unless you have access to the contract that was signed youre just guessing.
I'm sure there are 'news' stories out there that give multiple explanations of what happened but you have chosen the one that suits your narrative. But dont feel bad, we all do it.
As for those remarks I heard it on the radio.

LOL going through contract T&Cs not my favourite pass time so forgive me if I pass on that one.

Just a quick google and I found this https://www.researchprofessionalnew...-gap-for-oxford-s-covid-19-vaccine-institute/

I think the issue about UK institutions and universities no longer receiving EU funding was mentioned on these threads. Bit like the Welsh Assembly, I guess the research institutes will have to get behind the red bus as to how much of the £350m a week they'll be given back as the Brexit bonus.

I don't feel bad no and points remain valid. Just a question of the where we are on the Brexit curve and cycle. There are going to be many more ups and downs to ride. All good fun :)

I read a comment, by an economist, that in the first year of Brexit, the cost to the UK economy would be £850 billion in lost trade. Apparently, something like 15-20 times our annual contribution that we used to pay to the EU. I don't know whether this is accurate. What I do know is that we're, already, seeing the negative effects of Brexit on our fishing industry and UK companies that rely on imports from the EU.

I read a comment, by an economist, that in the first year of Brexit, the cost to the UK economy would be £850 billion in lost trade. Apparently, something like 15-20 times our annual contribution that we used to pay to the EU. I don't know whether this is accurate. What I do know is that we're, already, seeing the negative effects of Brexit on our fishing industry and UK companies that rely on imports from the EU.
It's too early to evaluate the actual scale of the impact in reliable figures, especially given 'pandemic' factors presently in play.
However, one can certainly assess some irreversible trends emerging already.

Ask anyone whose livelyhood depends on the Welsh west coast ports how they're feeling about future prospects for an obvious example. They can expect a 50%+ permanent drop in traffic volumes going forward.

Previously, it was cheaper and faster to move goods via the GB land bridge to EU. Now it isn't. That isn't going to change, but rather worsen as 'transition grace periods' expire. But it's brilliant for Irish ports that are seeing business booming, with rapid expansion of trade volumes and massive investment in expanding facilities.

Never mind, perhaps the Welsh Assembly can repurpose the vacant port warehousing as Covid Vaccination Hubs or something.

😁