Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Trump said "peacefully and patriotically" once the loonies had started their riot. A couple of days earlier, he made a statement that "we must fight to save our country". I would call that inflammatory.
Yeah, it's right up there with "fighting the virus" and declaring war on Covid.
Save us from political rhetoric!

Trump said "peacefully and patriotically" once the loonies had started their riot.
Hi Alan,
I think you'll find that Trump said that in his speech before the rally went anywhere near the Capitol building. I do agree with you about them being loonies though - some of them at least. I'm thinking primarily of the chap wearing the Bison headgear and laughably portrayed by the left wing media as being a typical Trump supporter. Ridiculous!
A couple of days earlier, he made a statement that "we must fight to save our country". I would call that inflammatory.
On the face of it, I agree with you. However, what very few people outside of the U.S. understand - and certainly hardly anyone here in the U.K. - is that statements like "we must fight like hell to save our country" is commonplace political rhetoric used by all politicians of all hues. It's a classic case of taking something out of context or, in this case, out of its cultural context, and arriving at a completely erroneous conclusion. If it's inflamatory for Trump to say it, then it must surely be equally inflamoatory for Biden and the Dems to say it - which they all have - as the attached link clearly shows . . .
Fight like hell
Tim.

Looks like they'll just have to impeach Biden as well.

He's constantly urging Democrats to 'fight like hell'.

Blatantly inflammatory and obviously inciting violence!

;)

Spectators witness the great impeachment debate.....

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Hmmmmmmm.

:unsure:

I think Trump is guilty and his followers are stupid for not making the distinction between political rhetoric and factual instructions or command if you will to fight like hell blah blah blah.

Isn't this a bit like a gun sight target being labelled over the head of one Senator or political body who subsequently got shot???

Thick as planks these proud boys who believe they are the superior race. Doesn't take much to incite them does it.

Trump constructs an alternative reality where he wins the election and they believe him.

I still can't get over Timsk and CV's reputable post with those two geezers saying they were invited in by the police - after seeing all the recent stuff and the violence that took place along with the threats.

Honestly, if CV and Timsk believe the stuff they post and turn a blind eye to everything else. Considered they our our intelligent peers ( no joke :oops: ) then it may be quite natural for these Republicans do believe the sh!t they believe.

Honestly, if CV and Timsk believe the stuff they post and turn a blind eye to everything else. Considered they our our intelligent peers ( no joke :oops: ) then it may be quite natural for these Republicans do believe the sh!t they believe.
Hi At',
No, I completely refute the assertion that I "turn a blind eye to everything else". I go out of my way to consider all sides of the arguement and weigh everything up before arriving at a conclusion. Sure, I overlook things, I have certain biases and, doubtless, I make mistakes. But hey, I'm only human! Importantly, I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong and, even, do a u-turn in my thinking as I did with the EU referendum. So, contrary to what Jon appears to believe, I hold no candle for Trump. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't like him, I would not have voted for him in 2016 and would only nominally have voted for him last November simply because I think he would serve the U.K.'s interests better than Biden. That's it, nothing more. My posts on here that you, Jon and Alan misconstrue as being pro Trump are nothing of the kind. They're ALL defending democracy, that delicate thing that Trump is accused of destroying, but all the evidence (and boy oh boy is there a lot of it) points to Biden and the Dems being the ones guilty of that charge. Preserving democracy is my only interest in U.S. politics, because what happens across the pond has a direct impact on what happens here.

My guess is that like Jon and Alan, you've not watched the video I posted in #3,171 or read the Time magazine article. You so need to - everything is explained in detail - it's truly shocking reading made by an anti Trump publication on the grounds that the ends justify the means. That's not just the thin end of the wedge - it's the whole damn thing.
Tim.

Try telling that to Biden, Pelosi and the dems Jon - as it's them that appear to have the problem - not me, c_v or MoC et al! And again, Trump 'lost' because the Dem's rigged the election. There's no getting over that to be done as it's now all out in the open, confirmed as fact by the Time magazine article - but I quite understand why you don't want to read it.

Let me know when the Courts agree with Time that it was an illegally rigged election. When they do I’ll be the first to accept it as a fact, until then I prefer to rely on their judgements that all was hunky dory. Since you’re so keen to portray your open minded examination of the facts, I‘m surprised that you ignore what the most respected arbiters in the land (the Courts) have to say about it.

Let me know when the Courts agree with Time that it was an illegally rigged election. When they do I’ll be the first to accept it as a fact, until then I prefer to rely on their judgements that all was hunky dory. Since you’re so keen to portray your open minded examination of the facts, I‘m surprised that you ignore what the most respected arbiters in the land (the Courts) have to say about it.
Jon,
I think you'll find that the courts didn't take into account anything in the Time magazine article. I take it you've still not read it!
Tim.

I don't need to defend Trump.

This vid shows you the rabid mofo's on the other side.
They are the enemy of the people. Their enabler apologists are just as bad.

Imagine an Asian or African leader acted the same way. Fall of the American empire. No more big talk such as banana republic or shitty 3rd world broken system by Any American leader.

Jon,
I think you'll find that the courts didn't take into account anything in the Time magazine article. I take it you've still not read it!
Tim.
You’re right, Tim, I hadn’t read it but, since you were so keen on it, I assumed it was supporting the idea that the election was fraudulent. Imagine my surprise when I did read it to find that it was about an organised effort to ensure that the election was NOT fraudulent. I am delighted that they were successful.

“........–in which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy.

The handshake between business and labor was just one component of a vast, cross-partisan campaign to protect the election–an extraordinary shadow effort dedicated not to winning the vote but to ensuring it would be free and fair, credible and uncorrupted.”

Last edited:
I guess this hits the nail on the head

Attachments

• EuIuvozXAAMRIXo.jpg
    EuIuvozXAAMRIXo.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 121
But thats just delaying the inevitable. There is a justice system in America with judges and courts who would rule on the legality of whatever he did and eventually power would be passed to Biden, then he resigns unexpectedly (cause that was always going to happen) disappears off to some island where he sniffs little girls hair all day and Harris becomes Pres.

View attachment 294245
He may well kill himself falling down a flight of stairs before he's forced to resign due to mental illness.

Air force 1 gets an upgrade.

Problem with Biden is that he is old (78). Same as Trump.

We need a new young leader with new vision.

Same ol sh!t in, same ol sh!t out.

Experience and wisdom or stale farts. Let's ponder for a short while... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
For those that care - without wishing to rake over the coals - here's confirmation that the U.S. 2020 election was definitely rigged. . .

For those that care - without wishing to rake over the coals - here's confirmation that the U.S. 2020 election was definitely rigged. . .

Yeah, we knew that anyway. But it seems that all those who could have done something about it were nobbled in one way or another.

Phony over votes for sleepy Joe in a handful of key battlegrounds, but nothing to see here, please move along !

I thought this subject was done and dusted. All I can say is that it's good to have an adult back in charge of the White House.