Trump Presidency and the Consequences

c_v,
The irony about this is that the troops are - theoretically at least - there to protect Biden and the Dems from some ne'er-do-well lunatic far right white supremecist Trump fanatic who wishes to do them harm. The penny's just dropped that the military - for the most part anyway - are Trump fans and that the biggest risk isn't from civilian Trump supporters - but from the military themselves. I've seen some reports that suggest their guns won't be loaded and any soldiers that have viewed the 'wrong' content online or posted views that deviate from the mainstream narrative of 'orange man bad' will be relieved of their duties. But the authorities have got their work cut out to vet all 25k+ soldiers before Biden's big day tomorrow!
:)
Tim.
Public not allowed to attend this farce Tim.

So once again, why 25k troops?

Who will attend the inauguration?​

In previous years, the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies would offer 200,000 tickets for the Capitol-based ceremonies – however, due to the coronavirus, the public are unable to watch the inauguration in-person.

Members of Congress are able to watch the ceremony and can bring just one guest with them.

Despite being invited, President Trump has said that he will not be attending Biden’s Inauguration ceremony, breaking 150 years of tradition. Usually, the outgoing president and other former presidents sit behind the new president at the event, symbolising the peaceful transfer of power.

The other former presidents who’ll be attending the event are Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.

Last edited:
c_v,
The irony about this is that the troops are - theoretically at least - there to protect Biden and the Dems from some ne'er-do-well lunatic far right white supremecist Trump fanatic who wishes to do them harm. The penny's just dropped that the military - for the most part anyway - are Trump fans and that the biggest risk isn't from civilian Trump supporters - but from the military themselves. I've seen some reports that suggest their guns won't be loaded and any soldiers that have viewed the 'wrong' content online or posted views that deviate from the mainstream narrative of 'orange man bad' will be relieved of their duties. But the authorities have got their work cut out to vet all 25k+ soldiers before Biden's big day tomorrow!
:)
Tim.
Well, we've certainly not had an 'inauguration' quite like this one,

But 25,000 ish National Guard Troops to 'protect' an inauguration ??

Hmmmmmmmmm. :unsure:

Who's they're Boss, anyway ?
Clue- it ain't JB.

Washington is in Lock-down. There are Humvees and APC's on every intersection.
Fortified road blocks and steel traffic management barriers are in place.
Extensive Checkpoints & Stop and Search Facilities.

Far be it from humble me to draw any conclusions or suggest where all this might possibly lead.

But the outgoing President has consistently repeated the same thing time and again.
He has clearly committed to two things:

That he does not concede.
And that there will be a peaceful and orderly transition of power.

What he has very noticeably not said is who to.

Go figure.

:rolleyes:

Well, we've certainly not had an 'inauguration' quite like this one,

But 25,000 ish National Guard Troops to 'protect' an inauguration ??

Hmmmmmmmmm. :unsure:

Who's they're Boss, anyway ?
Clue- it ain't JB.

Washington is in Lock-down. There are Humvees and APC's on every intersection.
Fortified road blocks and steel traffic management barriers are in place.
Extensive Checkpoints & Stop and Search Facilities.

Far be it from humble me to draw any conclusions or suggest where all this might possibly lead.

But the outgoing President has consistently repeated the same thing time and again.
He has clearly committed to two things:

That he does not concede.
And that there will be a peaceful and orderly transition of power.

What he has very noticeably not said is who to.

Go figure.

:rolleyes:

Bang on

Public not allowed to attend this farce Tim.

So once again, why 25k troops?
Hi c_v,
My assumption was - (perhaps wrongly?) - that the troops are there in case Trump supporters ignore the instruction to stay away and gather in numbers to protest and disrupt the inauguration proceedings. If I'm wrong about that and that's not the rationale for them being there - then what is the reason - please set me straight?!
Tim.

Hi c_v,
My assumption was - (perhaps wrongly?) - that the troops are there in case Trump supporters ignore the instruction to stay away and gather in numbers to protest and disrupt the inauguration proceedings. If I'm wrong about that and that's not the rationale for them being there - then what is the reason - please set me straight?!
Tim.

Well there is a school of thought that they might be there to detain all the swamp dwellers before the trials start.

Reactions: 2be
Feel the Farce.

Latest blockbuster episode of Stars (& bars/stripes) Wars streaming live today.

Somewhere on a continent far, far, away ........

😁

If only there was some way to keep out these bad people, who intend harm.
Maybe it might be possible to construct a barrier, of some sorts, to prevent them from entering.

Do you anyone who could build such a magnificent wall?

Cant help feeling, that the focus on the events within the USA deflects away from other geo-political events.
With a deliberately damaged State Department, is there any data on how the Russians and Chinese have gained any great advantages, political and economic, whilst america is fighting amongst itself.

EDIT: been reading about Chinas "Road and Belt" initiatives to build economic ties with many countries, through offering development deals.

Now that the Trump's brand of fascism has been kicked out, I hope that Biden will heal the divisions within US society(y)

Now that the Trump's brand of fascism has been kicked out, I hope that Biden will heal the divisions within US society(y)
I wouldn't have voted for either of the old farts.

Replacing fascism with communism ain't the answer either.

But hey-ho, I don't have to live with it.

;)

I wouldn't have voted for either of the old farts.

Replacing fascism with communism ain't the answer either.

But hey-ho, I don't have to live with it.

;)
You're not, hopefully, labeling Biden as a communist because that would be laughable.

You're not, hopefully, labeling Biden as a communist because that would be laughable.
Well, the CCP certainly invested a great deal of money in getting him there.

They can reasonably be expected to want to see some returns on their investment, surely?

:unsure:

Well, the CCP certainly invested a great deal of money in getting him there.

They can reasonably be expected to want to see some returns on their investment, surely?

:unsure:
You could level the same accusation at Boris Johnson, and the Tory party, for their donations from Russian oligarchs with close connections to the Kremlin

You could level the same accusation at Boris Johnson, and the Tory party, for their donations from Russian oligarchs with close connections to the Kremlin
You could, but this the 'Trump' thread, so you'd need to start another thread for that.

😁

And so another senile old git elderly gentleman is sworn in.

A great and long tradition is upheld and preserved.

🇺🇲

Last edited:
The Statue of Liberty can rest for a while. The Orange Fascist has gone and there is now a chance that the USA can begin the healing process

Attachments

• Er_1Oy0W8AQpbTw.jpg
    Er_1Oy0W8AQpbTw.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 92
There wont be any healing process with that speech from sniffer Biden.

And this was Trumps letter to Biden.

Last edited: