New! eSignal MarketCenter 3

Hi Zigzag,
You'd need UK stocks at $8 a month and the Eurex feed for $9 a month I think. So the total would be something like $27 a month by my reckoning.

Just signed up to a trial of MC, looks good for the money, but can anyone tell me if there's an option to put grids/dot background on the charts? Hard to read without it. There seems to be no vertical demarcation of days, which is unforgiveable if true.

Also, seems crazy to not have the option to change the colour of the bars. I hate red/green bar charts, and black and white candles. Why no simple option to change colours? You can change the indicator colours.

Am I missing something?

Ghost Dog

MC is still ironing out glitches etc so if you have any suggestions send them to CHUCK at the top of this page. He welcomes ideas etc for MC.

Good luck

There's a cross hair tool at the top of the chart between the line chart and the bar chart icons,just click on it.

I don't think there is any option to change candle colours, if you want sophistication you'll have to pay for e-Signal proper or for a lower price look at Sierra charts.

MC

Helen and Neil have answered your questions well. Many new features will be added to MC this fall. We'll add the ability to mix both real time or delayed exchanges in a few weeks.

We are adding more global exchanges this week:

Australian Stock Exchange (ASX)
Sydney Futures (SFE)
New Zealand Futures (NZFE)
New Zealand Stocks (NZSE)
Singapore Stock Exchange (SES)
Italian Futures (IDEM)

Chuck

Post your comments on MC on our forums:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/

Chuck

Helen.
Thanks for your reply. It sounds good but as you have said before reliability of data needs to be guaranteed.
Norman

Anyone else lost FTSE 100 today? DAX is OK, but can't get FTSE going at all. There's no tech support this early, which is the usual drawback of US services.

It was going so well, not sure if I'm going to use this now...It's the second time it's happened.

Whether you pay £130 or £10, there always seem to be problems.

Yes, same problem Ghost Dog. I reported it earlier this morning on the eSignal MC forum. Had a response they could duplicate it and are looking into matters!

Rob

Well, FTSE is not working again.

They may be 'working on it', but I doubt it. If the Dow/S&P chart wasn't working I think it would be fixed, or they would be out of business quickly.

If its still busted tomorrow without explanation then I need a new provider.

GD,

My intraday charts are not working.
This is the umpteenth time its happened and it cannot be rectified until 1 pm at least.

Suffice to say I have just terminated it.

ADVFN is more reliable than this rubbish.

Salmacis -

I wouldn't know, because they haven't responed to my message on their board. Strangely enough, they are responding to another guy who posted earlier. I wasn't even harsh...

Strange how their reps are keen to flog it on here, but nowhere to be seen when it dies.

Maybe ADVFN's new charts will actually work, but I doubt it.

Actually, the guy eSignal are responding to is me :LOL: . Have to use a different nick on eSignal 'cos the one I use here was already taken. No idea why I have been favoured over you Ghost Dog - I saw your messages.

Still not able to display the MC charts - that's for 2 days now - although I had no problems on Monday or Tuesday. So far 50% of my trial has currently been "unusable" as it is the chart I really want ;) .

Rob

I've had problems with the charts this week also - mainly the S+P500. Not able to change the settings and sometimes freezing up all together.

Come back Lycos - all is forgiven.

Yeah, they're responding to me now, and trying to fix it, but it's still not working.

Got this confidence inspiring response from their US tech support:

"I have checked the Streaming Chart for this symbol and it is displaying ok. I am not seeing the problems you are reporting nor have we had reports of problems with the Streaming Charts. I will check with Quality Assurance to see what may be the cause of this issue and how we can fix it".

Uh?

I've sent it to their customer services people with the suggestion that they get some management involved, as their Euro launch seems to be fast collapsing. No sign of the sales team...perhaps they ought to get on their managments back.

Anyway, I'm not paying to be a Beta tester, so they haven't got long. It's a shame, could be perfect as a cheap Java service. But I suppose that's the problem, you get what you pay for.

Oatman,

yeah, whenever I hear 'our engineers are working on the problem' I think back to the tech company I worked for. That meant one underqualified bald man was flicking through an SQL Server manual.

True, but he was on £50k plus options for reading it. I think he had 'SQL for dummies' in the desk drawer as backup.

FTSE still down, but I'm not getting at them again. I feel sorry for the UK guy, because it's not his fault, and I remember being in his position, sweating, with deadlines and crashing IT all around. I'll never put myself into that again.

At least the US charts work. Back to the S&P.