Brexit and the Consequences

Teething problems. That's all.

Fishing industry should take advantage to switch exports to rest of the world I reckon. That's what I have in my notes. Mogey Govey and Farage all said so.

We have a great opportunity here. Just give it time.

Teething problems. That's all.

Fishing industry should take advantage to switch exports to rest of the world I reckon. That's what I have in my notes. Mogey Govey and Farage all said so.

We have a great opportunity here. Just give it time.

I think the current global pandemic with associated travel restrictions may have something to do with this.

I can't believe the treacherous, malicious scumbags at the Guardian actually reported this, they must have done it through gritted teeth! Regardless, it's great news...

Well this is what Brexiters hoped would happen. As the dust settles we should encourage more manufacturing in the UK. Might even help with the effort on emissions reduction whilst bolstering jobs and wage growth.

Funny that Biden is going the other way. Mass uncontrolled immigration, cancellation of previous deals like the Canada pipeline, and the general decimation of the working and middle classes. The $15 minimum wage deal should secure the dems fate.

EU playing dirty . . .

Same as it ever was.
Protectionist racket which ensures a slow death.
EU share of world GDP declines every year.

This is what we told the remoaners over and over, but they just buried their heads in the sand as always.

I can't believe the treacherous, malicious scumbags at the Guardian actually reported this, they must have done it through gritted teeth! Regardless, it's great news...
Hmmm, I'd suggest first of all actually reading the article and then following up with a gander at other sources concerning the European and UK car industries. I quite understand that a "competitive advantage" is being mooted but that point is rather undermined by the article itself:

"From 2027 all British and European carmakers will have to source batteries from either the UK or EU, as agreed in the Brexit deal, or face tariffs on their exports."

The implication being that the UK did not previously source batteries from the Far East and was therefore not able to compete...... or that the reverse was true. Either way that's an "alternative fact".

......And note the start date of 2027 - so even if there is indeed a competitive advantage, it starts in 6 years. Yippee.

So what did you expect.? To still be treated as a member of the club?
To behave like the wonderful outfit remainers claim them to be and not like a nasty, vindictive bunch of so-and-so's. If we were still an EU member then, likely as not Jon, you wouldn't have had your jab. So, really, you ought to be grateful you're no longer a part of the club!
:p

I dont' think so.
Maybe EU is managed by idiots but it is a great thing.
UK would like to restore its Empire with NZ and Canada but there is just a little problem, it lies in front of France, good luck importing stuff from NZ ...
Before pandemic I used to visit ad spend my money in UK pretty often, now I need a passport and I am too lazy to apply for it. 😁
So I will spend my money in Italy.
Switzerland has never been in EU but does not require passport for tourism...