European Level 2 question

ukxgerard

Hi All,

As a futures trader the DOM/Level 2 screen tends to be completely anonymous, with no indication of who the buyer/seller is. From my understanding a NASDAQ Level 2 screen is completely different in that market maker and ECN bids and offers are fully shown. I was wondering is anyone is actively trading the European bourses: Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Milan and London and if so do they provide similar info on their Level 2 screens?. If it is not an imposition, could those of you feeling generous post a sample screenshot as well?

G

ukxgerard said:
Hi All,

As a futures trader the DOM/Level 2 screen tends to be completely anonymous, with no indication of who the buyer/seller is. From my understanding a NASDAQ Level 2 screen is completely different in that market maker and ECN bids and offers are fully shown. I was wondering is anyone is actively trading the European bourses: Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Milan and London and if so do they provide similar info on their Level 2 screens?. If it is not an imposition, could those of you feeling generous post a sample screenshot as well?

G

Hi Gerard

London is anonymous, same for Frankfurt and Milan. I think it is possible to see broker codes on the breakdown screen for Paris, but this is not the normal aggregated view with x order at y, but shows all the individual orders in the book and can be pretty huge. Been a while since I looked at European order books so things may have changed.

Cheers

Stew