Brexit and the Consequences

I don't think we are in a freaky mess because of those 2, rather we had a referendum because its what over half the voting population actually wanted because they don't want the EU and the pressure ultimately comes from the citizens of a country putting pressure in its leadership to take some action.

We are in a freaky mess now because remainers were put in charge of Brexit negotiations, if we had Brexiteers in charge it would all have been done and dusted about 12 months ago.

Of course the deep state remain establishment don't want us to leave anyway because they have too many vested interests in the EU, both commercial and military.

No! We are in this mess because the public was consulted on issues they don't understand and not in a position to do so. It is clear large part of the vote was a protest vote. They are protesting state of their lives as a consequence of austerity and cut backs and migration from outside of the EU. Absolute nought to do with EU. Planks unable to grasp issues.

You may as well ask them a question on nuclear physics.

On the other hand you can ask questions to the mass public about abortion, capital punishment, marriage, NHS spending or whether to nationalise railways or not. Something they understand giving them a choice.

EU membership, impact on the economy and current services and industries demand study. Who knows? Even experts don't know without doing the discovery or analysis work. Impact analysis on industry/sectors were conducted contrary to BS form Davies, but it wasn't released to public media! Why do you think that is? If it was so advantageous to us do you think we'd be in this bargaining position? Do you think at all? Are you able to?

Ask them about the army and trip to Mars. That's your concept of democracy is it? Are you a leader or are you a fish out of water? Ask Moggy the self interested wet. Grandiose pose and big speeches which lack truth, integrity or even a bit of honest analysis. Guy is such a plonk along with Govey and to think they are forefront leaders of Brexit is a big joke. Really is.

Just goes to show what the country would look like if left to UKIP and peeps like them ever get in charge.

Country belching Tories. Can't digest their ineptitude and power lust anymore.

Last edited:
I respect anyone’s choice of vote, but you must adhere to democracy when you loose. A lot went into getting you that vote, respect it..

Two wrongs don't make a right. Why respect a bad decision? Sounds big, those nice words but it's all so horribly wrong.

Man up.

Referendum got it wrong (n)

Mistake to ask public an advisory vote and make them think Parliament would give Eurosceptics carte blanch cheque to run riot.

Like trading, holding a losing position thinking it will get better.

All so horribly wrong. :cry:

...........No! We are in this mess because the public was consulted on issues they don't understand ............

No! We, the public, aren’t fools you know. Certainly we were misinformed - by both sides - which meant that it was extremely difficult to make an informed decision. There seemed to be an absence of any factual weighing of the pros and cons (the Governments job to present those facts BEFORE they gave out their own opinion.) and we, the people, had to make do with yah boo political slogan shouting from both sides.

So the politicians from both sides treated we, the public, as fools, BUT WE ARE NOT.

No! We are in this mess because the public was consulted on issues they don't understand and not in a position to do so. It is clear large part of the vote was a protest vote. They are protesting state of their lives as a consequence of austerity and cut backs and migration from outside of the EU. Absolute nought to do with EU. Planks unable to grasp issues.

You may as well ask them a question on nuclear physics.

On the other hand you can ask questions to the mass public about abortion, capital punishment, marriage, NHS spending or whether to nationalise railways or not. Something they understand giving them a choice.

EU membership, impact on the economy and current services and industries demand study. Who knows? Even experts don't know without doing the discovery or analysis work. Impact analysis on industry/sectors were conducted contrary to BS form Davies, but it wasn't released to public media! Why do you think that is? If it was so advantageous to us do you think we'd be in this bargaining position? Do you think at all? Are you able to?

Ask them about the army and trip to Mars. That's your concept of democracy is it? Are you a leader or are you a fish out of water? Ask Moggy the self interested wet. Grandiose pose and big speeches which lack truth, integrity or even a bit of honest analysis. Guy is such a plonk along with Govey and to think they are forefront leaders of Brexit is a big joke. Really is.

Just goes to show what the country would look like if left to UKIP and peeps like them ever get in charge.

Country belching Tories. Can't digest their ineptitude and power lust anymore.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji122][emoji2532][emoji106][emoji2533][emoji16][emoji16][emoji846][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji482][emoji481][emoji316][emoji90][emoji106][emoji2534][emoji106][emoji2534][emoji102][emoji20][emoji23][emoji23][emoji122][emoji2532][emoji316][emoji316]

No! We, the public, aren’t fools you know. Certainly we were misinformed - by both sides - which meant that it was extremely difficult to make an informed decision. There seemed to be an absence of any factual weighing of the pros and cons (the Governments job to present those facts BEFORE they gave out their own opinion.) and we, the people, had to make do with yah boo political slogan shouting from both sides.

So the politicians from both sides treated we, the public, as fools, BUT WE ARE NOT.

It does boil down to the same conclusion I'm afraid Barjon, the public should not be expected make a decision on complex Brexit decision. As much as you may like to imagine, they could be educated by respectfully constructed factual arguments, life is too short for that.

It is Government's job to present and debate those facts before Parliament and House of Lords not in front of Joe Public. Beg to differ. Asking public was a BIG MISTAKE. A very stupid mistake of huge proportions. Don't let my presentation cloud your judgement.

It was emotive arguments, fears and prejudices that won the day. Not business case for or against.

People want hope instead of fear. Carrot instead of stick. Leave campaign clearly won the emotive argument.

Public do not want to be lectured on pros and cons. Especially, if they are struggling to make ends meet and are provided easy scape goats and told they can have rising wages, increased jobs and more housing and social services.

Joe public have been played in this referendum and they continue to be. I mean what kind of a slogan is Brexit means Brexit? No deal is better than a bad deal?

You or I may see those for what they are but those words rhyme with the public. Why is that? I've lost count how many times I've heard numtpies and politicians repeat those lines. TM our PM has uttered them nuff times. Absolutely stupid slogans but didn't they work soooo well? And who did those slogans resonate with?

For the first time tonight I heard Liam Fox say 'a deal is better than no deal'.

A Deal is better than No Deal = No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.
Some deal is better than no deal. This is of course just the transition period for the divorce. So now we still pay money into EU but get no say in any rule making yet obliged to adhere to rules and regulations. This is clearly a backward step. I have difficulty understanding this sh!t.

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe public now starts repeating those lines and TM remains PM position and deal gets past Parliament. If those 48 votes haven't materialised yet when will the numbers add up?

People need strong leadership. Not slime mould, slippery politicians playing the public to get votes against the national interest.

Finally, the fact that you state public were misled and treated as fools (and I do agree), is precisely the reason why such complex decision should not be left to public decision who will be treated as fools, ripened for manipulation by power hungry politicians.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Why respect a bad decision? Sounds big, those nice words but it's all so horribly wrong.

Man up.

Referendum got it wrong (n)

Mistake to ask public an advisory vote and make them think Parliament would give Eurosceptics carte blanch cheque to run riot.

Like trading, holding a losing position thinking it will get better.

All so horribly wrong. :cry:

You could say the same thing about every referendum or election we've ever had and going to have. There are always stretched truths, spin etc. etc

Referendum got it right, It was not binary, different people voted for different aspects that they liked,hated and possibly had a personal affect on them about EU membership,remain and leave.

Remainers say leavers were wrong and vice versa, It was a decisive election whereby a clear majority won, Its the perfect example of democracy.

You could say the same thing about every referendum or election we've ever had and going to have. There are always stretched truths, spin etc. etc

Referendum got it right, It was not binary, different people voted for different aspects that they liked,hated and possibly had a personal affect on them about EU membership,remain and leave.

Remainers say leavers were wrong and vice versa, It was a decisive election whereby a clear majority won, Its the perfect example of democracy.

Nope! It was binary and yes people did vote for personal reasons much of which had nothing to do with EU.

Even Nigel Lawson who lives in France campaigned on Sovereignty. I have trouble reconciling that one.

British peeps living in Europe weren't allowed to vote either.

It was one of the worst examples of a referendum actually. Way it was asked, setup and argued. You might even call it criminal.

Here you go! It's that bloody Brexit bus again!
Boris Johnson has been slapped down by Britain's statistics watchdog twice in one day for “misusing official statistics”

It came after he repeated the false claim the NHS is in line for an extra £350 million a week after Brexit.

Sir David Norgrove, chair of the UK Statistics Authority wrote to the Foreign Secretary today, to say he was "surprised and disappointed" he had used the figure in a newspaper article.

The figure was originally plastered on the side of the Vote Leave battle bus during the referendum campaign.

And he repeated it in a 4,000 word “blueprint” for Brexit Britain on Saturday.

“Once we have settled our accounts, we will take back control of roughly £350 million a week,” Johnson wrote in the Telegraph.

“It would be a fine thing, as many of us have pointed out, if a lot of that money went on the NHS, provided we use that cash injection to modernise and make the most of new technology.”

Here's a bit of light hearted brexit banter from this week, written by a comic genius John Bull on twitter.

I hope its ok to post here but be warned it does contain some offensive language, ill try to edit all out...Enjoy.

LIDINGTON: First one's gone. It's Shailesh.
MAY: Who?
LIDINGTON: Shailesh Vara.
MAY: David, I was up until 4am pretending to give a sh!t about Corbyn's recipe for raspberry jam. My brain is broken. I have not yet had coffee. Who is that?
LIDINGTON: Sh!t. Was hoping you knew.
LIDINGTON: Okay. Shailesh. According to Wikipedia he's from Cambridgeshire.
MAY: Hmm
LIDINGTON: Black belt in Tai Kwondo. No scandal section.
MAY: Nice. You sure he's one of ours?
LIDINGTON: 'Implemented devastating cuts to legal aid'
MAY: Oh right. Yeah. Definitely one of ours.
LIDINGTON: There goes Raab
MAY: Dom?! The little fecking traitor.
LIDINGTON: Yup. Here's his letter.
MAY: 'I Have resigned so I can spend more time with an atlas.'
LIDINGTON: Yeah. That part was a bit weird.
MAY: Who's next? Grayling?
LIDINGTON: Maybe. Although Grayling will...
MAY: Careful! Remember the curse. Say it three times and he appears.
LIDINGTON: Sorry. Leadsom next I think. Failing that...
GRAYLING: Hello!
LIDINGTON: I SAID FAILING!
GRAYLING: That works too!
GRAYLING: What are we talking about?
MAY: Go away Chris.
GRAYLING: Is it Brexit?
LIDINGTON: Go away Chris
GRAYLING: Esther gave me a letter to give you
MAY: Shi!t.
GRAYLING: Also are you going to Michael Gove's pizza party later?
LIDINGTON: Sh!t
GRAYLING: It's a secret one! Shhhh!
LIDINGTON: Suella Bravernann has gone
MAY: Okay seriously you made that name up
LIDINGTON: I didn't!
MAY: Who's next? Willie Dustice?
LIDINGTON: She's real! I swear!
MAY: Sure. Has Dwigt Rortugal gone yet?
LIDINGTON: Look! She's on Wikipedia!
MAY: That's not a valid source, David

<meanwhile, somewhere in London>

GREGGS LADY: Hello duck! We've not seen you in a while!
ED MILIBAND: I've been... away.
GREGGS LADY: Well it's nice to see you again. What can I get you?
MILIBAND: Bacon butty please.
GREGGS: LADY: You want ketchup in that?
MILIBAND: Drown it.
MAY <on phone>: I hear you're planning another pizza party
GOVE: <dry hissing>
MAY: How you do think I know?
GOVE: <sound of wet tentacles>
MAY: I propose an alternative: Be My Brexit Minister
GOVE: <ghoulish wail>
MAY: Think about it Michael this could be your chance to prove everyone wrong
GOVE: <wet clicking>
MAY: Brexit Secretary. They'd HAVE to admire you
GOVE: <subdued wet slapping>
MAY: They'd have to love you then, Michael. The people, they'd have to respect you
GOVE: <demonic purr>

<in the terrace cafe>

JAYAWARDENA: Prime Minister...
MAY: The lasagna please. And what's the dessert of the day?
JAYAWARDENA: No, Prime Minister it's me
MAY: <blank look>
MAY: Ranil Jayawardena? PPS at Justice?
MAY: Still no
JAYAWARDENA: I hearby resi...
MAY: Dude. I'm on lunch

<meanwhile in Staples>

REES-MOGG: Fair maid! Where is the Vellum? I must write to the 1922
TILL LADY: Paper? Over there
REES-MOGG: Vellum, sweat child! One does not use paper for the '22!
TILL LADY: That like Post-its? Over there
REES-MOGG: Vellum!
TILL LADY: Sir there's a queue

LIDINGTON: Mogg's letter is in
MAY: Tedious little sh!t
LIDINGTON: Anything from Gove?
MAY: I feel terror and an overwhelming urge to vomit, so maybe his human form approaches
LIDINGTON: Oh sorry I forgot to mute Sky. Rees-Mogg's live <click>
MAY: Okay, no the feeling has passed
LIDINGTON: Leadsom's up in the house. Says she's not resigning.
MAY: Fecksake, can't one thing go my way today?
LIDINGTON: Is that not... a good thing?
MAY: Think about it David. This means we STILL have to invite her to Cabinet Meetings.
LIDINGTON: Rumours about Chris now. Shall I...
MAY: Grayling Grayling Grayling
LIDINGTON: I was going to call him.
MAY: The curse is quicker. Chris have you been speaking to Gove again?
GRAYLING: Um... No?
MAY: You're covered in ichor, Chris
GRAYLING: Okay yes.
MAY: What did Gove say to you?
GRAYLING: It sang a song, straight into my brain. Like sugar, sorrow and power intertwined. Through it all, one world resolved: 'resign'
MAY: Oh Jesus. Gove got to you.
GRAYLING: Also it gave me pizza
MAY:
GRAYLING: It was Hawaiian
MAY: Sweet mercy
GRAYLING: I think this means I have to resign
LIDINGTON: Chris, you're a valuable member of the team and
GRAYLING: That's very nice of you to say so David, but I feel very strongly about this. I resign
MAY: You're NOT resigning Chris. You don't want to.
GRAYLING: Okay miss. Sorry

MAY <on the phone>: Are you in or out?
GOVE: <sound of one hand clapping>
MAY: Sorry? Is that yes or no?
GOVE: <unholy shriek>
MAY: Michael, this would be a lot easier if you assumed human form for a few minutes
GOVE: <hideous clicking>
MAY: Yes I know it's your day off but still
LIDINGTON: Okay. Press conference booked for five
MAY: Cheers
LIDINGTON: What are you going to say?
MAY: Honestly? I really don't know. I just thought: YOLO
LIDINGTON: Maybe do the dance again
MAY: Really David?
LIDINGTON: Oh come on! How could it POSSIBLY make things any worse?!
LIDINGTON: Okay, thinking out of the box: Go full George-from-Seinfeld-after-he-quit?
MAY: So turn up, don't mention Brexit, pretend the whole referendum never happened?
LIDINGTON: And hope everyone is so embarrassed they all pretend the same?
MAY: I mean, it's pretty tempting...
LIDINGTON: Rehman Chishti has quit now.
MAY: Who ARE all these people?!
LIDINGTON: I have no idea.
MAY: I need to start reading stuff before I sign it.
LIDINGTON: Wait... 'Trade Envoy' apparently.
MAY: I mean what even IS that?!
LIDINGTON: Are Trade Envoys the ones who go helicopter golfing with Prince Andrew?
MAY: That's Cultural Ambassadors
LIDINGTON: Oh yes.
MAY: Hang on, are they the ones we send to the hot, humid countries we hate?
LIDINGTON: No, that's Liam Fox
MAY: Ha! Oh yeah.

MAY: All I'm saying, Donald, is you're being VERY unhelpful here.
TUSK: Me? All I said was 'no brexit' is an option. It was just a little comment.
MAY: And that's... wait, are you LAUGHING.
TUSK: *stiffles giggles* no
MAY: You are!
TUSK: I'm not!
MAY: Donald! I swear... hello?!
TUSK <laughing hysterically>: Oh god I had to hang up. I cannot stop.
MACRON: Let me answer next time! We'll make her think she dialed the wrong number
TUSK: No, it is mean!
MACRON: Okay, but let me make another public comment about a European Army
TUSK: LOL! Okay go on then.

LIDINGTON: Okay show time. What are you doing again?
MAY: Still no idea
LIDINGTON: Just think: 'what would David Cameron do'?
MAY: and then do the opposite. Yes I know. Actually... do you think announcing his arrest and execution would help?
LIDINGTON:
MAY: Just thinking out loud
MAY: How did I do?
LIDINGTON: You didn't really say anything
MAY: Yup.
LIDINGTON: I mean it was pretty much a rehash of the same stuff as this morning
LIDINGTON: It was pretty much a damp squib
LIDINGTON: Top, top trolling
MAY: Thanks!

MAY: Okay Michael
GOVE: <eldritch hiss>
MAY: Yes, we'll see you soon
LIDINGTON: He's coming over?
MAY: As soon as he's got his skin on
LIDINGTON: I'll lock the cat away
MAY: Thanks. And send down to the kitchen for some live mice

GOVE: It iS GoOd tO SeE YOu AgaiN PriMe MINIsTeR. On MY DaY oFF
MAY: Thanks for coming Michael
GOVE: It IS Of nOoo CoNSEqUence
MAY: You're very kind
GOVE: AlTHOugh TOday IS My DaY oFF
MAY: Yes, I know, you already said
GOVE: YoU wiLL PaY hoMAGE?
MAY: Sorry?
GOVE <lip smacking>: HOmaGE
MAY: Oh right! Sorry! David! The mice please
GOVE <crunching of small bones>: AH! SwEet moRCels
DAVID: My God
GOVE: Do I HAve sOME on MY ChIN?
MAY: David don't stare
GOVE <wiping>: HoW EMBarRAssING i DO ApOLOgise
MAY: Will you be Brexit Secretary?
GOVE: ThIS iS a SUBJeCt I HaVE OPIniOns oN
MAY: I know
GOVE: AnD I hAVE aLWAys bEEn LoYal aND trUE to mY FriENDs
LIDINGTON: Weeell
GOVE: OKaY ApART fROM tHAt ONe TiME
LIDINGTON: One?
GOVE: Or PErHAps tWIcE
LIDINGTON: Try five
MAY: Be nice, David
GOVE: If i AM To SErvE tHEn I hAVe dEMAnDs
MAY: Shoot
GOVE: I wISh to ReNEgoTIaTe tHE TeRMs
MAY: Okay. Tricky. But maybe.
GOVE: AnD A FRee VoTE iN ParlIAMent
MAY: Keep talking.
GOVE: alSO aN IteM oN mY STeaM wISHList is ON SAle
LIDINGTON: More mice?
GOVE: ThANk YoU
MAY: Okay we can work with this
GOVE: AnD OnE FiNAL DemAND. I reQUIre BoRIS JohNSoN's hEAd oN A pLAte
MAY: Okay. Trickier but the idea has a certain appeal and I'm sure...
LIDINGTON: Prime Minister! No
MAY: Goddamnit
GOVE: ThEn I mUSt decLINE
MAY: Okay. At least he agreed to stop actively plotting against me
LIDINGTON: Until he finishes Goat Simulator
MAY: Who's next?
LIDINGTON: Penny Mordaunt
MAY:
LIDINGTON: Development secretary
MAY: Jesus Christ
LIDINGTON: What?
MAY: It's hardly a 'Great Office of State' is it?
MORDAUNT: If you want my continued loyalty then I have demands
MAY: You know you're just the Development secretary, right?
MORDAUNT: Sorry?
MAY: I mean seriously
MORDAUNT: I don't appreciate your tone
MAY: And I don't appreciate...
LIDINGTON: Prime Minister
MAY <sighs>: Go ahead
MORDAUNT: I think it's about time I got some respect
MAY: You know that Gove is outside right? If I ask him he will literally flay your face off? Michael!
GOVE: HeLLo!
MORDAUNT: Keep that THING away from me!
GOVE: ThAT iS vErY HurTful
LIDINGTON: Prime Minister
MAY: God. Fine.
MAY: Okay go
MORDAUNT: A Free vote on the deal!
MAY: Fine
MORDAUNT: And I want people to know that it was my idea
MAY: Knock yourself out
MORDAUNT: Also an item on my steam wishlist is on sale
GOVE: iS It GoAt SImULAtor?
MORDAUNT: Oh my god you've played it?!
GOVE: It'S sO GoOD

LIDINGTON: David Davis is on the radio now
MAY: Of course he is
LIDINGTON: He says he would have run the negotiations differently.
MAY: Did he remind everyone that he was in charge of those negotiations for TWO YEARS?
LIDINGTON: No
MAY: Funny that
LIDINGTON: Also Gove is all over the papers saying he's still thinking of quitting
MAY: That eldritch little sh!t. I bought him Goat Simulator!
LIDINGTON: To be fair it's not that long a game
MAY: Am I literally the only person in Cabinet not playing this?!
LIDINGTON: Sounds like
LIDINGTON: Are you not on Ken Clarke's Discord? It's been all over that. He's been streaming it.
MAY: I left. I got tired of his endless Fortnite memes.
LIDINGTON: By the way, Whittingdale just put his letter in.
MAY: Oh COME ON.
MAY: Okay. It's time for us to go on the offensive and... what's that?
LIDINGTON: Nothing
MAY: Are you writing a letter?! Et tu Tory?! Give it!
LIDINGTON: No! I...
MAY: Oh David
LIDINGTON: I just..
MAY: This is really sweet. But they're not going to give me a Blue Peter badge.

MAY: So I'm controlling the goat?
CLARKE: Yes! Goat Simulator! Forward is W. Try to do as much damage as you can
MAY: Why?
CLARKE: Just because
MAY: It's so senseless
CLARKE: But fun for the goat!
MAY: I guess but... oh FECK OFF Ken. I see what you're doing here
CLARKE: Who me?

MAY <entering>: Clarke is a devious sh!t isn't he?
LIDINGTON: Always has been always will be. Don't play him at Fortnite

GOVE <on tv>: i aM LoOkInG ForWARd tO CoNTInuING tO wORk WiTH aLL mY cOlLeAgUes
MAY: Is that a new skin?
LIDINGTON: He says it gives off less static in the wet

<elsewhere>

LEADSOM: I convene this secret meeting to discuss having a secret meeting about the backstop. Questions?
GRAYLING: Andrea is there pizza?
LEADSOM: No. Anyone else?
GRAYLING: I have another question
LEADSON: There will not be pizza at the next one either
GRAYLING: Boo
MORDAUNT: I have one: Is Gove still onboard with this?
LEADSOM: I believe so. I can feel his presence in my mind.
GoVe <ethereal>: DoN'T mINd mE i'M jUsT LuRKing
GRAYLING: Ooh! Miss! another question
LEADSOM: Yes Chris?
GRAYLING: Have we DEFINITELY ruled out Pizza?
LEADSOM: Okay to confirm. We will meet this weekend
GoVE: bUT nOT oN SuNDay as i'M aT RaMBliNG cLUb
LEADSOM: There WILL be pizza
GRAYLING: GET IN!
LEADSOM: To secretly discuss the backstop
MORDAUNT: Last q: Are we inviting Liam Fox?
LEADSOM: Do we have to?
goVE: hE CrEEps mE OuT

LIDINGTON: Grant Shapps is on TV
MAY: Joy
LIDINGTON: Says he HASN'T submitted a letter to the 1922 in his name. Yet.
MAY: Did he say if he's submitted one in anyone else's?
LIDINGTON: Prime Minister!
MAY: What?! He's got form.

LIDINGTON: What about Margot James?
MAY: Remainer
LIDINGTON: IDS?
MAY: Feck off
LIDINGTON: Oooh! Here's one... Stephen Barclay
MAY: Never heard of him
LIDINGTON: Just looking him up... literally two paragraphs on Wikipedia
MAY: Is one 'Controversy?'
LIDINGTON: Nope
MAY: He'll do

MAY: Hello Stephen
BARCLAY: Oh God what have I done wrong?
MAY: Nothing, Stephen! Don't be nervous!
BARCLAY: It's just I've never been in Number 10 before.
MAY: Really?
BARCLAY: Well once but... God sorry, I'm a bit nervous
MAY <aside>: Oh he's PERFECT
LIDINGTON: Isn't he just
MAY: Stephen I
BARCLAY: I haven't written a letter
MAY: Pardon?
BARCLAY: A letter. I don't know what you've heard. But I haven't written to the 1922
MAY: I know Stephen
BARCLAY: Oh GOD of course you know. Sorry. I'm just...
MAY/BARCLAY <together>: Nervous
BARCLAY: hahaha
MAY: Ha

MAY: Anyway. Congratulations Stephen. You're here because I want to promote you.
STEPHEN: Oh God PLEASE not Work and Pensions?!
MAY: Even better!
STEPHEN: Oh no
MAY: ConGRATulations Mr Brexit Minister
STEPHEN: Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

MAY: It's fine. Take a minute
STEPHEN: Oh god. Oh god. Oh god
LIDINGTON: Try putting your head between your legs
STEPHEN: Oh god. Oh god. I think I'm going to be sick
LIDINGTON <points>: That way

<vomiting sounds>

LIDINGTON: That went well
MAY: Sarcasm doesn't suit you, David

To be continued..............

Atilla seems to think Brexit or not should be solely judged by rich businessmen.
If they aren't raking in their regular millions from which ever source, they moan like a bunch of kids.

Hopefully there is more to exiting Stalag Europe than money.
The City financial vultures only care selfishly for themselves. They run on naked greed.

Can't expect them to be part of the national team effort.

Last edited:
Atilla seems to think Brexit or not should be solely judged by rich businessmen.
If they aren't raking in their regular millions from which ever source, they moan like a bunch of kids.

The City financial vultures only care selfishly for themselves. They run on naked greed.

Spot on.

This is just the establishment doing what it does all the time, actively working against the countries interest in order to promote their own interest.

If we ever knew what Att did for a job, it might become clearer why he might find himself out of a job should Brexit not go the way of the establishment.:LOL:
Clearly too embarrassed by it to come clean.

Brexit is here to stay.

No matter what the establishment wants, this Brexit issue will not go away. At some point, one of these opposing sides will capitulate and my money is on the people to win through.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ponents-plot-no-confidence-vote-idUSKCN1NL0QO

This article is typical of the way things are today. Biased opinion masqueraded as news. Inflammatory words inserted to make a one sided argument.

Mrs May says to an LBC audience.

May told LBC radio the threat of a no deal Brexit was personal as she is Type 1 diabetic: “I depend on insulin every day. My insulin is produced by a country elsewhere in the European Union.”

CV says....Is she seriously saying that the UK could not produce it's own insulin to satisfy the home market. It's absolutely pathetic some of the logic used to garner support for staying close to the EU.

Pat, I thought that I had have got used to your use of descriptive titles but I would not have lived here for 53 years if it was a "stalag". The Guardian, whether you like it or not, has hit the nail on the head when it said that the EU is fed up to the back teeth with with the UK. If you want to leave then the sooner the better so that it can concentrate on other, more pressing, problems. It is ready to extend Art.50 only if it is to have another referendum. Otherwise, that's it.

Pat, I thought that I had have got used to your use of descriptive titles but I would not have lived here for 53 years if it was a "stalag". The Guardian, whether you like it or not, has hit the nail on the head when it said that the EU is fed up to the back teeth with with the UK. If you want to leave then the sooner the better so that it can concentrate on other, more pressing, problems. It is ready to extend Art.50 only if it is to have another referendum. Otherwise, that's it.

53 years ! That probably means you are more Spanish that British unless you are 106 plus. You seem to have found a comfortable perch in the sun El Splitto.
We have to soldier on regardless here in the UK. Far from perfect but better than most I expect. I have lived and worked abroad for some years.
If only Cameron had put a proviso on the referendum of a minimum 20% majority, but too late now. Mrs may is wobbling and may soon fall. As to who will take over ? Well your guess is as good as mine.
There is an old Navy saying " Red to the mast and bloody to the last."
C'est la vie.
Such a wasted opportunity but they would insist on all that political integration nonsense. I expect the Police will be integrated after the Armies.The extremst right wing will see to that after Merkel has gone and they take over. The Gestapo will be re-established - under a new name I expect. Adolf must be laughing in his grave.

Last edited:

I did not think or say anything as such.

I said the referendum was held for the wrong reasons, objective being for Tory to maintain power as they were losing votes to UKIP.

Secondly, and most importantly, EU membership and divorce are complex issues and p!ss poor drafted referendum for the wrong reasons is not the way to approach complex decisions. It is for Parliament and HoLs to discuss and take complex decisions. Not the people who cast protest votes on their plight over hyped up emotive, non-EU stuff. The referendum was well and truly fecked up.

Thirdly, if you talk of sovereignty then Parliamentary Sovereignty means supremacy which sits above all other institutions including judicial bodies so this daft referendum is much like the tail wagging the dog. We now have referendums making law and even the daily trash persecuting highest court of the land as if they the editors know what they are talking about. That is contempt of court.

Fact that Davies seems happy to cut paste rules and regulations, the leave campaign argued against, into UK law and avoid Parliament voting on any deal is just criminal. Do people know, understand or care what that means?

This whole sh!t show is a mess and it needs to be called out for what it is and stopped.

What do you think these two talking about then? Wonder boys of Brexit?
0_boris.jpg

Principled v Unprincipled

I did not think or say anything as such.

I said the referendum was held for the wrong reasons, objective being for Tory to maintain power as they were losing votes to UKIP.

Secondly, and most importantly, EU membership and divorce are complex issues and p!ss poor drafted referendum for the wrong reasons is not the way to approach complex decisions. It is for Parliament and HoLs to discuss and take complex decisions. Not the people who cast protest votes on their plight over hyped up emotive, non-EU stuff. The referendum was well and truly fecked up.

Thirdly, if you talk of sovereignty then Parliamentary Sovereignty means supremacy which sits above all other institutions including judicial bodies so this daft referendum is much like the tail wagging the dog. We now have referendums making law and even the daily trash persecuting highest court of the land as if they the editors know what they are talking about. That is contempt of court.

Fact that Davies seems happy to cut paste rules and regulations, the leave campaign argued against, into UK law and avoid Parliament voting on any deal is just criminal. Do people know, understand or care what that means?

This whole sh!t show is a mess and it needs to be called out for what it is and stopped.

What do you think these two talking about then? Wonder boys of Brexit?
0_boris.jpg

This is the dividing line.

Those who would sell the country down the swanny need to explain themselves. You are fooling no one with this withdrawal capitulation nonsense alongside some vague future trade deal promise.

All this wishy washy wooly thinking doth butter no parsnips. :)

OK, dad, call the hit and feed him to the fishes. Nothing else will keep that pesky Atilla quiet.

Wasn't his dad a remainer who's now a leaver.

I reckon they are talking about forming a new party for the next elections. :idea:

This is the dividing line.

Those who would sell the country down the swanny need to explain themselves. You are fooling no one with this withdrawal capitulation nonsense alongside some vague future trade deal promise.

All this wishy washy wooly thinking doth butter no parsnips. :)

Nothing about future trade deal discussed.

There is no dividing line. It's all mish mash.

More importantly what about that 48 fake pieces of news from you? You having problems with your numbers again? :rolleyes:

Nothing about future trade deal discussed.

There is no dividing line. It's all mish mash.

More importantly what about that 48 fake pieces of news from you? You having problems with your numbers again? :rolleyes:

Watch this space....tories consulting in their constituencies this weekend. MP's will do as they are told, all the letters needed will be in next week.

It's obvious there is no support for capitulation to the EU. That's exactly what this proposal does, it hands all the power to the EU. So if remainers cant support it and Brexiters cant support it, then it's looking like no deal on withdrawal which means that the EU will need to have a good think about how we will trade post WTO default position.

All pretty simple really.:LOL:

This is what happens when the wrong people take ownership of the negotiations. Chaos ensues. On with the revolution.