Brexit and the Consequences

Far from it, cv. The whole thing so far is a good demonstration of the power of the EU drawn from the combined weight of the member states. That power has forced us into the role of supplicants and it is we who have had to bend to suit them. Remainer or leaver at the helm doesn’t alter that very much.

It may be unpalatable but, rather like our trading, it is what we see not what we think.

Well, we shall see.

Meanwhile, who do you want as May's replacement?

It's been a profitable brexit day lads, perhaps more to come at 5pm. Hope you are all pipping and not debating it.

I can just see mad Boris sneaking in somehow.

IMO there is no chance at all of him becoming leader. If you look at any politician who overtly has political ambition to be leader they always fail. He has upset a lot of his own party and that will be enough to stop him getting in. Also the one thing that TM can do as a last action is to crush his leadership opportunity.

Watch what happens if there is a challenge and who comes through to win.

IMO there is no chance at all of him becoming leader. If you look at any politician who overtly has political ambition to be leader they always fail. He has upset a lot of his own party and that will be enough to stop him getting in. Also the one thing that TM can do as a last action is to crush his leadership opportunity.

Watch what happens if there is a challenge and who comes through to win.

OK so who is your choice or otherwise ?

It's been a profitable brexit day lads, perhaps more to come at 5pm. Hope you are all pipping and not debating it.

my best day since trading through the brexit referendum night ....nand this may time I was awake and alert

ok,here we go......speech time :smart:

Dominic Raab would be my choice, a leaver, principled, seems sensible, looks the part, seems clean enough for an MP.

Raab gave very measured & statesmanlike post resignation interviews. He looks & sounds okay (don't they all at the beginning?). He's not a mainstream heavyweight, hasn't got much baggage and most people will remember him for having a principled resignation. I suspect he's got his eye on her job.

after that speech .....this lady is not for turning ......good,luck to anyone trying to depose her .......ken clarke made some good points about the conservatives being insane if they challenge her now ......political suicide

jees what a day

I never thought I would say the words but, thank god for Gina millers backstop, If May doesn’t get forced out we can live safely in the knowledge that her deal won’t make it through Parliament. I’m sending Gina flowers...:love:

I never thought I would say the words but, thank god for Gina millers backstop, If May doesn’t get forced out we can live safely in the knowledge that her deal won’t make it through Parliament. I’m sending Gina flowers...:love:

It's also fortunate May called that election - without it she'd have had a majority good enough to ride roughshod over any dissenters. (Even though she's trying to do that anyway.) Sometimes the law of unintended consequences works well.

When she made her speech tonight. Her tone of voice was soft and clear that I was sure she was about to announce that she would be stepping down as P.M, It just oozed that familiar sound and build up we’ve heard many times before. No such bleeding luck though...:LOL:

Just to add, if anyone is on Twitter and wants one of the best satirical write ups of today’s events, then look up John Bull @garius.

Last edited:
Raab gave very measured & statesmanlike post resignation interviews. He looks & sounds okay (don't they all at the beginning?). He's not a mainstream heavyweight, hasn't got much baggage and most people will remember him for having a principled resignation. I suspect he's got his eye on her job.

Young, immature and full of himself. No integrity or scruples. Another politician.

How can you be Brexit secretary and put your name to a piece of work you deliver, accept one day and then the very next day resign???

He is indeed the worst kind imo.

If he had stepped off earlier when he did know the stuff he was asked to do he disagreed with then maybe.

Jo Johnson did that! He simply couldn't stomach the what we now know and resigned out of conviction. Just one explanation and quietly disappeared.

You need to pick your leaders carefully but instead choose to follow any piece of dribble who tells you, what you want to hear. Foolish people. Sheep brains following herd. Same goes for that moggy twang twit. (n)

Govey now for Brexit secretary. LOL. yay! Leap for joy. Brexit hero steps forward. :cheesy:

(n)(n)(n)

OK so who is your choice or otherwise ?

Anna Soubry :love::love::love:

Straight talker, and does not pursue popular politics to gain favour but fights for national interest.

Strong character, conviction and potential great leader in waiting imo. (y)

I’ve just realised that on some subjects, you and I are absolute polar opposites :LOL:
Or you’re extremely good at fishing, dangle the maggot and wait for a bite...:smart:

Don't blame you matey.

I wouldn't vote Tory either. LibDems best party and can't get better than Vince Cable to lead us out of this mess.

Brexit is a bunch of - pie in the sky - hope and glory promises that CANNOT BE DELIVERED!

To think wages going to rise, prices to fall and plenty of jobs is folly.

NHS fully funded with increases in teacher and police numbers is just pure fiction.

Countries queuing up to trade with us.

EU begging us to stay.

Parliament having control.

Those Eurosceptic politicians about as useful as a chocolate tea pot. They have clearly demonstrated themselves I reckon. Inept, incompetent, self indulgent, delinquents. Cabinet like animal farm.

Now Govey's contemplating resigning. Bet you his in bed with his Mrs now talking about where his most profitable future lies.

Brexiteers have really fecked up big time. Has anyone heard from blabber mouth? His gone awfully quiet. :whistling

Don't blame you matey.

I wouldn't vote Tory either. LibDems best party and can't get better than Vince Cable to lead us out of this mess.

Brexit is a bunch of - pie in the sky - hope and glory promises that CANNOT BE DELIVERED!

To think wages going to rise, prices to fall and plenty of jobs is folly.

NHS fully funded with increases in teacher and police numbers is just pure fiction.

Countries queuing up to trade with us.

EU begging us to stay.

Parliament having control.

Those Eurosceptic politicians about as useful as a chocolate tea pot. They have clearly demonstrated themselves I reckon. Inept, incompetent, self indulgent, delinquents. Cabinet like animal farm.

Now Govey's contemplating resigning. Bet you his in bed with his Mrs now talking about where his most profitable future lies.

Brexiteers have really fecked up big time. Has anyone heard from blabber mouth? His gone awfully quiet. :whistling

Who? me? Just in from work....some of us do real jobs keeping the country running don'tchaknow (y):LOL: