Brexit and the Consequences

What rubbish are you talking about now???

I've always said it is protecting one's industry and economy.

It's good business practice to have favoured preferred trading partners.

Sparky you sound like you just discovered sliced bread. Keep up old bean :)

So take your protectionist logic to the next step. If the EU operates a great big money go round system, then whilst outward looking countries can take advantage of global expansion, the EU is stuck with mediocre sclerotic growth.

Can you remind me what I'm supposed to be arguing for? :)

Huh! The EU ya numpty!

One minute is protectionist, the next it's not, it's no wonder it's in a right pickle, Brexiteers smelled it a mile away.

Don't tell me you are going to argue for Brexit now?

So take your protectionist logic to the next step. If the EU operates a great big money go round system, then whilst outward looking countries can take advantage of global expansion, the EU is stuck with mediocre sclerotic growth.

No not at all.

EU has best of both worlds.

Trade agreements entered into as a block with greater negotiation power to obtain fruitful deals. All members gains same advantages. Point in case being the new Canada and Japan deals.

EU as a block and individual countries can still trade with India, China and Russia too as long as common agreements are adhered to.

I'm afraid you are missing the bigger picture too. Your mind has been infected by the deceitful lies from Moggy when he suggests UK will be able to buy cheaper goods from other countries dumping their cheap below EU standard produce in UK.

In the past these kinds of competitive practices were conducted by other countries to bust endegonous production and then once market share obtained industries mature and then prices would go up. US still engages in these external anti-competitive practices. Anyone who follows the news will know the last spat was over Airbus and Boeing subsidies when bidding for new sale contracts.

In all sincerity, when looking at the finer detail, EU bestows many advantages to member states. Sadly, these are complex in nature and difficult to communicate.

Huh! The EU ya numpty!

One minute is protectionist, the next it's not, it's no wonder it's in a right pickle, Brexiteers smelled it a mile away.

Don't tell me you are going to argue for Brexit now?

:D

Oh right sorry old boy, you lost me there for a mo.

What can I say - old age and all that ;)

Yes defo protectionist to outside world but pure free trade in the common market yes. (y)

:D

Oh right sorry old boy, you lost me there for a mo.

What can I say - old age and all that ;)

Yes defo protectionist to outside world but pure free trade in the common market yes. (y)

One day, someone will encapsulate all your non-argument mantras into a virtual robotron and on mars in a 1000 years they will display the robotron in a museum, where the citizens of mars will study the non-arguments put forward by the remain side as a prime example of how not to do business if you want to thrive - survive maybe, but not thrive, short term gain for politicians, long term pain for the rest of us.

Whenever remainers are asked to produce an argument they go silent, is it because they don't have one?

One can't argue with a brick wall. The vote is to leave. That's it. The results of such a move must be experienced, but pie in the sky will never convince me.

As for the source of my comment. If and when I see it again I'll post it but I am not about to start searching right now. It was what I read, somewhere--nothing more serious to me than that.

One can't argue with a brick wall. The vote is to leave. That's it. The results of such a move must be experienced, but pie in the sky will never convince me.

As for the source of my comment. If and when I see it again I'll post it but I am not about to start searching right now. It was what I read, somewhere--nothing more serious to me than that.

I wouldn't bother Split as what you say is common knowledge and a valid point.

Brexit crowd will dismiss it, either as fake or expert opinion.

(y)

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother Split as what you say is common knowledge and a valid point.

So common that it can’t be found [emoji16]

Brexit crowd will dismiss I either as fake or expert opinion.

(y)

It’s never the intention, but if it’s factually fake news, then the truth must out [emoji23]

So common that it can’t be found [emoji16]

Yes it is common and obvious. No doubt you've heard it umpteen times before. Sadly the fact that you have no idea and want proof demonstrates your lack of comprehension about the EU and how trade agreements work.

It’s never the intention, but if it’s factually fake news, then the truth must out [emoji23]

Free for all!

Pick and choose :)

Sure no problem. What can we do you for? :cheesy:

OK, if I've missed the point then I wish you'd stop telling me and spell it out for me!

I have in post #7556

You don't understand how the common market works or what bilateral trades are about.

You want free for all pick and choose willy nilly.

I'm not sure you understand what sovereignty is about either. Who needs parliament when we have referendums? Who needs judicial courts when we have the daily trash? Who needs experts when we have Boris, Govey and Moggy?

It's becoming clear to me by your questions that trying to explain anything to you is really fruitless because you just come back with fake news, expert or establishment drivel.

Feels like you are void of ability to discuss real world issues outside of your perception what ever is inside of your head, based on what ever you have accepted as your belief system. That approach frames all your replies. It is the single one and only judge of your interpretation of 'anything' and 'everything'.

I could be wrong? Who knows? :D

I have in post #7556

You don't understand how the common market works or what bilateral trades are about.

You want free for all pick and choose willy nilly.

I'm not sure you understand what sovereignty is about either. Who needs parliament when we have referendums? Who needs judicial courts when we have the daily trash? Who needs experts when we have Boris, Govey and Moggy?

It's becoming clear to me by your questions that trying to explain anything to you is really fruitless because you just come back with fake news, expert or establishment drivel.

Feels like you are void of ability to discuss real world issues outside of your perception what ever is inside of your head, based on what ever you have accepted as your belief system. That approach frames all your replies. It is the single one and only judge of your interpretation of 'anything' and 'everything'.

I could be wrong? Who knows? :D

Not you're opinion man, I know that already, I'm after a link that backs-up your assertions and speculations, otherwise it just remains your opinion and speculation that you like to present as fact but is nothing more than just your opinion, assertions and speculations, which is fine and dandy.

For the final time of asking, a link that shows how the EU will punish any other country using it's trade deal with them, if that country makes a trade deal with the UK?

If you can't provide some evidence, just say you can't, be gracious and back down, instead of making me waste my typing time, I have limited time to present some further facts as you'll see in my next post.

Unbelievable, condescending, metropolitan, elitist remoaners, the stereotype lays themselves bare at every turn and they are supposed to be more educated than your average Brexiteer!

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1058397916891615232

Unbelievable, condescending, metropolitan, elitist - yup, agree with every word of that description, but why tar remainers with the brush? Just because that stupid woman is a remainer doesn’t mean that all remainers are stupid women.

Unbelievable, condescending, metropolitan, elitist - yup, agree with every word of that description, but why tar remainers with the brush? Just because that stupid woman is a remainer doesn’t mean that all remainers are stupid women.

There is good, bad and indifferent in all species, however, from observing the political landscape for the last couple of years, my observation is that a great many remainers are likely to hold similar views to each other. Just as a great many Brexiteers will hold similar views across the community of Brexiteers.

The post I made last week of the middle aged, middle class, white male calling his own stereotype but a Brexiteer a 'Gammon' is another prime example, as is Owen Jones and other political commentators/remainers who all voice the same opinions and name calling. If remainers did not hold these views, then I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be tolerated in their own communities and yet you see them on marches with banners and flags etc.

The extension of this is the militant wing of the left in the form of momentum, antifa, hopenothate and standuptoracism and a growing band of others, all of whom have become the most violent, racist, fascist, front of the far left.

On the right, you see some nazi salutes at rallies such as the FLA/DFLA and Tommy Robinson rallies, but rally organisers are quick to distance themselves from these obvious fascists, racists, nazi supporters, they are not wanted because they are not part of those rallies and communities.

But you never see the same distancing on the left as the whole rally supports the fascist left violent elements, they are never denounced by rally organisers, they are wanted and hold the same views and opinions.

Other indicators are when you see members of remain rallies being asked awkward questions about their opinions, quite often they have no answers, no arguments and shutdown the conversation by just walking away or by calling the interviewer a racist or similar.

None of which convinces me that the mass body of remainers hold differing views, of course I'm sure you are an exception Barjon :)