Brexit and the Consequences

Yeah, go on, blame everyone you can think of to try and divert attention from the fact that it’s become clearer and clearer that we’ve got an extremely weak hand to play :LOL:

Who goes into a negotiation with the attitude that they have to salvage the situation from the off.

Clueless, spineless, ill informed nobodies...that's who.

She simply isn't up to the job. There is no middle way, we are either in or we are out.
Even atilla recognises this. :LOL:

In terms of the weak hand argument, we will see who has the weak hand when we leave with my preferred option of no deal. Business will adapt....that's what business does. It will adapt more quickly for the UK than the lumbering EU.

It amuses me greatly that remoaners think they are getting the upper hand now.

Watch this space.

The vote was brexit which includes leaving the customs union, free movement of people, env and fisheries, and ECJ. The remain side has done everything to derail brexit and as a result have caused the approach to be watered down. The problem is the eu hold all the cards for any access and as a result have caused us to have to pay 40 bln and have rejected any attempt to accept the watered down elements being proposed. So it's a double edge sword between eu and remain side that has produced the chaos we are observing. No government will be able to deliver brexit under these conditions and listening to corbyn is like watching Friday night comedy with him positioning himself as the saviour.

We should be working towards a clean brexit and allow the eu to put up their own border in Ireland. Cut them off and they will change their negotiating position. We are basically like a little dog amongst a pack of wolves with our tail between our legs. What ever happened to the boldness of the UK. I guess all the snowflakes have watered it down.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The vote was brexit which includes leaving the customs union, free movement of people, env and fisheries, and ECJ. The remain side has done everything to derail brexit and as a result have caused the approach to be watered down. The problem is the eu hold all the cards for any access and as a result have caused us to have to pay 40 bln and have rejected any attempt to accept the watered down elements being proposed. So it's a double edge sword between eu and remain side that has produced the chaos we are observing. No government will be able to deliver brexit under these conditions and listening to corbyn is like watching Friday night comedy with him positioning himself as the saviour.

We should be working towards a clean brexit and allow the eu to put up their own border in Ireland. Cut them off and they will change their negotiating position. We are basically like a little dog amongst a pack of wolves with our tail between our legs. What ever happened to the boldness of the UK. I guess all the snowflakes have watered it down.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The 40Bn is conditional.......no satisfactory deal, no 40 Bn

Who goes into a negotiation with the attitude that they have to salvage the situation from the off.

She simply isn't up to the job. There is no middle way, we are either in or we are out.

In terms of the weak hand argument, we will see who has the weak hand when we leave with my preferred option of no deal. Business will adapt....that's what business does. It will adapt more quickly for the UK than the lumbering EU.

Watch this space.

Yeah, business will be quick to adapt alright - it’ll shift operations to within the EU. Already a trickle in that direction and no deal will likely turn that into a flood.

He didn’t have much option really after DD went. Wonder how long Gove’s new pragmatism will last?

Seems like DD's principles didn't kick in until Sunday night after the Friday chequers summit and BJ's not until Monday. Gave them plenty of time to check with other people about what their principles actually were.

Seems like DD's principles didn't kick in until Sunday night after the Friday chequers summit and BJ's not until Monday. Gave them plenty of time to check with other people about what their principles actually were.
Did they not just get the proposal documents at chequers,? 140 pages.
May trying to pull another fast one limiting time for scrutiny...I heard it was ether back the new plan or resign. Her little band of advisers going for the tough approach.

Watch this space.

Just to be clear - I'm all for EU. I liked things as they were.

I do recognise that immigration has gone OT and we need an Australian point scheme to control influx. We need better custom controls too.

I would penalise businesses for hiring illegal immigrants and introduce national ID cards. Help with security and provisioning of services reducing fraud.

Would also cut our benefits paid to immigrants to EU levels as they are too generous. This was option available to Cameron and UK and I have no idea why they did not amend considering IDS assault on social benefits for UK citizens.

UK would have done better forming resistance with opposition against migrants in EU. War on Terror US BS propaganda and spring uprising, removing leaders of well managed countries was all so wrong. It's back fired obviously. Unintended, unforeseen circumstances. Fecking US BS and 9/11 inside job was all about how they don't like our democratic freedoms. They bleeding well adore us if you ask me.

Brexit has been an absolute avoidable disaster for the UK. Uncertainty, loss of global prestige and reputation damage is significant. Plus good many other reasons.

Tomorton is 1000% right about his statements. Cameron only called referendum to weaken UKIP to avoid losing Tory vote and letting in Labour. He thought he would do it when he was strong in the polls. Back fired on him as elections have for TM. I do hope Jeremy under Labour gets a similar slap for trying to exploit division in Tory party instead of standing up for nation providing alternative option and leadership.

It's always the same with self serving politicians. Trump and Farage much the same. Any of you lot who think otherwise are FOOLS! Yes bloody fools the lot of yer.

Only party and leader to stand behind vision irrespective of losing votes or not have been LibDems and Vince Cable as I have been saying all along.

Where I do agree with Brexiteers is a half way deal is a bad deal because this situation will prevail for a long long time. Squabbles and valuable government time will be spent in-fighting. If we can't maintain current situ or accept one of the existing EU tiers of membership then we should simply leave and give FULL control to hard brexiteers for them to demonstrate value. If British people wish to accept hard ship and strive for success in other ways all well and good.

When they have had enough, assuming we remainers were right, then all change again, Brexiteers get to eat humble pie.

That's the only way we'll get to bury this pile of dung. Otherwise stink of Brexit / Euroseptic stench will linger.

Boris Johnson: What did he achieve as foreign secretary?

I was reflecting on this article as to what BJ achieved for his name?

It's quite shocking that such a man could have even contemplated leading the role of a PM representing UK.

Simply that he is supposed to be an Etonite toff with not much skill other than being stupid and affable the people like.

Some said he was clever? I liked Boris Bikes idea but then loathed him for giving contract to some other non-UK company as if UK could not produce bicycles.

He talked Ken's congestion charge to death only to see it extended to Chelsea boroughs as well.

He made a calculated decision to opt for Brexit along with other non-entities who'd never get a look into such powerful PM roles all these useless politicians who other than class have eff all going for them are now major players. JRM and Gove included. Gove most hated of ministers by teachers for fecking up education big time. Leadsom with some fictitious CV not having held any meaningful position. Davies who messed up Brexit right at the start not listening to civil servants.

The whole lot are really dreadful pack of nobodies who became useless somebodies and are clearly shown up for their ineptitude, lack of any skill and talent other than producing much gas - when country needs leadership.

TM same ineptitude.

As politicians I guess they are crafty and deceitful and half the time only interested in personal power. This is really becoming clear day by day. I mean just look at Gove and Leadsom defending TM now that they have tied their strings to the mast having made their beds. BBC2 tonight was very clever showing how TM may have split the Brexit supporters within her party thus strengthening her hand.

Yep I see that as well. Good move. Now we need EU to play ball.

However, the deal on the table is still going to be the hotch botch best deal considerably worse than the one we have now but as long as the people are happy and get eye-wash candy the world should continue spinning on its axis.

Big question now is will we see a re-incarnation of BJ?

Johnson wasn't appointed to be a good Foreign Minister, he was appointed to take the blame for foreign affairs (a traditionally weak area for Conservative PM's) and damage his standing as an opponent to May for leadership. So far, he has fulfilled his brief.

What do you do with a problem like Theresa?

The Conservatives have bottled it. It will now be down to the electorate and/or Farage. Ken Clarke was so right about her being "a bloody difficult woman".

You resign, like Davis and Johnson did. The only thing that will get her out is a vote of confidence, or wait for elections.