Brexit and the Consequences

Brexit Sec resignation

David Davis resigns - better show of principle than weasel Gove. Will be interesting to see if any others put principle first.

Perhaps even Quisling May will go also? - LOL & dream on, it will take a hydraulic corkscrew to get her out!

Boris for brexit secretary..yay :clap:

it takes 48 letters to the 1922 committee to trigger a leadership election, lets see if the postman's sack tomorrow is as big as David Davis's..:LOL:

Last edited:
Boris for brexit secretary..yay :clap:

it takes 48 letters to the 1922 committee to trigger a leadership election, lets see if the postman's sack tomorrow is as big as David Davis's..:LOL:

She won't last the month.

It's outrageous that this stupid woman has been playing the politics game over something as fundamentally important as the sovereignty of our country. To play the game of using time in the hope that opposition resolve will die off over an issue of such magnitude is the oldest trick in the book.

Well, we are resolved and we are not budging an inch. So Mrs May, you can shove your backsliding strategy where the sun don't shine.

Brexit means Brexit and no deal is better than a bad deal.

just wondered how many of these so called deals/proposals can be quashed once were actually out, With stroke of pen, trump easily put a line right through the Iran deal, Suppose we could do the same.We could call the first 2-3 years the "honeymoon period" :LOL:

Anything, and everything, is possible.

I don't know. It was a football coach that got those kids down a cave in Thailand.

Lesson for us all there I reckon.

Beware as to who you follow into black hole of uncertainty promising wonderful delights, discovering new Worlds.

David Davis resigns - better show of principle than weasel Gove. Will be interesting to see if any others put principle first.

Perhaps even Quisling May will go also? - LOL & dream on, it will take a hydraulic corkscrew to get her out!

I know its been hot but no need to get carried away. Principles indeed.....

More likely he's followed the No.1 principle for all politicians - "What's in it for me?"
Closely followed by the No.2 - "Will I get blamed?"

I know its been hot but no need to get carried away. Principles indeed.....

More likely he's followed the No.1 principle for all politicians - "What's in it for me?"
Closely followed by the No.2 - "Will I get blamed?"

Principles still mean something to some people. That's what Brexit is about.

Having successfully sold us a book entitled LEAVE on the cover but with only blank pages within the brexiteers have had two years to come up with coherent prose to fill those blank pages but have failed to do so. Now they’ve resorted to publishing a new book entitled HARD BREXIT on the cover but, again, with only blank pages within.

Now they’ve resorted to publishing a new book entitled HARD BREXIT on the cover but, again, with only blank pages within.

So we are at the start of the negotiating process, what a waste of two years. If we'd had a leaver as PM from the start, this would have been done and dusted, most compromises would be known. This is what happens when you put a remainer in charge (or one who is controlled by a remainer civil service), delays after delays after delays.

Until we have a leaver in charge, we will never leave. Just underlines the situation that LIBLABCON have no respect for democracy and are sold out to the EU.

So we are at the start of the negotiating process, what a waste of two years. If we'd had a leaver as PM from the start, this would have been done and dusted, most compromises would be known. This is what happens when you put a remainer in charge (or one who is controlled by a remainer civil service), delays after delays after delays.

Until we have a leaver in charge, we will never leave. Just underlines the situation that LIBLABCON have no respect for democracy and are sold out to the EU.

Far as I recall David Davies was left pretty much alone to get on with it to start with - no remainer him. Proper dog’s breakfast he made of it. Mind you, it must have come as a surprise given all the leave rhetoric that the EU would be falling over themselves to do a deal because they need us much more than we need them doncha know.

Don’t blame Theresa May for being forced down the compromise route as it became clear that the EU hold most of the aces and trump cards. Course we could just jump off the hard cliff and trust that the water below is not full of rocks but there’s few politicians with the best interests of the country in mind who would see that as an acceptable risk.

May's enemies are within the Conservative parliamentary party, not the EU nor the opposition.

If she had proceeded with a deal that just needed signatures 2 years ago, she would have presented her enemies all that time to pick holes in it, drum up a leadership challenge, possibly work up deals with opposition parties to get a vote of no confidence in parliament and force a resignation or general election, possibly even draft a competing deal and sound it out with Eurocrats.

Why would she do that?

Let's be realistic - her mission isn't helping the voters via a good Brexit deal. Its -
1) to stay in her job
2) to avoid career-terminating catastrophes
3) to leave office with a probability of succession by another Conservative government.

A good Brexit deal might help but how would an early Brexit deal have helped her?

Far as I recall David Davies was left pretty much alone to get on with it to start with - no remainer him. Proper dog’s breakfast he made of it. Mind you, it must have come as a surprise given all the leave rhetoric that the EU would be falling over themselves to do a deal because they need us much more than we need them doncha know.

Don’t blame Theresa May for being forced down the compromise route as it became clear that the EU hold most of the aces and trump cards. Course we could just jump off the hard cliff and trust that the water below is not full of rocks but there’s few politicians with the best interests of the country in mind who would see that as an acceptable risk.

A leader is responsible for what happens under his/her watch, of course she is to blame! A total and utter dogs dinner so far, the saga continues.....

May's enemies are within the Conservative parliamentary party, not the EU nor the opposition.

If she had proceeded with a deal that just needed signatures 2 years ago, she would have presented her enemies all that time to pick holes in it, drum up a leadership challenge, possibly work up deals with opposition parties to get a vote of no confidence in parliament and force a resignation or general election, possibly even draft a competing deal and sound it out with Eurocrats.

Why would she do that?

Let's be realistic - her mission isn't helping the voters via a good Brexit deal. Its -
1) to stay in her job
2) to avoid career-terminating catastrophes
3) to leave office with a probability of succession by another Conservative government.

A good Brexit deal might help but how would an early Brexit deal have helped her?

All HMG needed to do 2 years ago would have been to start with WTO rules and work from there.

Remainer Civil Service.
Remainer Establishment.
Remainer PM.
Remainer Chancellor.
Remainer Crony Corporates.

What could possibly go wrong!

It's not possible to be under the illusion that Davis was in control of negotiations with the EU, that were in any way in the interests of the UK and more widely, the British voting public. No 10 under Mays weak and wobbly leadership have lead directly to the situation we now find ourselves in.

I'm also seriously now considering her calling of the General Election to be a deliberate act of sabotage, in order to weaken the UK's political position before engaging with the EU.

All HMG needed to do 2 years ago would have been to start with WTO rules and work from there.

Exactly right and that is the basis for all our trading arrangements with other non EU countries around the world.

Not a trade deal in sight and not required any time soon. (A complete red herring)

Remainer Civil Service.
Remainer Establishment.
Remainer PM.
Remainer Chancellor.
Remainer Crony Corporates.

What could possibly go wrong!

It's not possible to be under the illusion that Davis was in control of negotiations with the EU, that were in any way in the interests of the UK and more widely, the British voting public. No 10 under Mays weak and wobbly leadership have lead directly to the situation we now find ourselves in.

I'm also seriously now considering her calling of the General Election to be a deliberate act of sabotage, in order to weaken the UK's political position before engaging with the EU.

Yeah, go on, blame everyone you can think of to try and divert attention from the fact that it’s become clearer and clearer that we’ve got an extremely weak hand to play :LOL: