US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

This is Bloomys afternoon guest list :D but after the power cuts things will probably change :cry:

8/15/2003 12:00 PM BST Fyshe Group Tamana, Hardeep
Portfolio Manager
8/15/2003 12:20 PM BST City Index Hougaard, Tom
Analyst
8/15/2003 01:30 PM BST Forbes Global Heller, Richard
Journalist (non

Back to... helping move my cousin move house :eek:

Cheers a320

The numbers for today are as follows: I am bullish above 995 and bearish at 985. I am expecting higher prices but I will be aware for the potential of a top on Monday. I don’t think the market will let go now without trying for a break out of the market. I have just been talking about IBM on the box. IBM is making a coiling move and looks set to lead the market higher. Today is the option expiration so it may be a nervous morning start and then a push higher later in the day. The path today is pointing to higher prices with the possibility of a drop in the middle of the day. This chart should have been sent to you from Tactical Trader.

I have to re-emphasise my view here so there is no questions or ambiguity. I am looking for higher prices over the next 10 days. At the same time I am looking for a big big top and a serious decline over the next month. Your objective will be to asses whether you want to go long now and get out in time or to wait for a good shorting opportunity (“good” is an understatement, in my opinion). My initial target is for the Dow to tag 9800, and then decline. However, I have heard from sources that some big banks are already selling into this rally. The choice is your. I can tell you how I intend to play it. I will scalp in and out on the long side, and if and when we see higher prices, I will begin to leg into short positions. This may happen tonight or Monday, or it may happen later in the week. Patience is the key here.

Have a nice weekend

A320, I think I am on the moneyshow over the weekend

Sun,
from today's The Sun,
Tom Hougaard,of bookies City Index,said:"The new target in the FTSE 100 is 4450.I think the markets will take a big move higher over the next two weeks."
Not that I read this all the time.....nice pics..

Sun..thank you and others again for the posts on this excellent thread, I thought you had switched the lights out so 'the path' would pull right at the end. Joking.
Fortunately I was able to trade the leg up, however cannot enphasise how much better I have got at entry points using your path in my tool box......Am still long from last night, & concur a higher finish today....yes I entered the competition....good luck to all

thx Bramley, really happy it is working for you as well

i have given the journalist a call, at least you know my stance..

That was so unfair Tom. I`m cross. You have a very big and loyal fan club and we are grateful for your kindliness in freely sharing.
I have e mailed them and I`m posting a copy here

I am a dow trader and I look at Tom Hougaard`s analysis every day. I write a quick summary in my daily diary. Tom has been saying that the dow will go much higher and hence I have been wary of shorting for several days now

I posted on moneyam and on advfn that the dow may reach much higher levels. My source for this warning to the shorters was Tom`s analysis. Unfortunately I did not mention Tom by name

You, the paper, owe Tom an apology as he has been seriously misquoted

Maria
username snip if you care to look at the usa threads on the two BB`s mentioned

maria the kat, Iam very honoured for that......It has been a funny week like that with misunderstandings and other things in the same vein. Either way a famous Danish man once said that bad publicity was better than no publicity.....

The warning goes for a high potentially as close as this Monday or the 21/24 th August and then down. I will use a 3 day low as confirmation...

I am leaving early today....so good luck...

did anyone see the shot from NYSE? there is no one there :)... be careful today....low volume today

Famous Danish man......mmm, didn't by any chance invent cookies did he? :cheesy:

nah, he was a travel king....no the Danes are famous for Lego, Bacon, Carlsberg, some footy players, and some other stuff I wont mention here

All my pointers say that the dow should be going up - but I think the power cut as put a damper on the markets- why I just don't know.

It doesn't appear to be a good day to trade today- not for me anyway!

my favourite Dane - Helena Christensen.

I'm staying out of the game today - went for the cheeky little 11 minute reversal hoping for something more than a misfire... why is volume so low - is something happening later today or do all brokers have electric trikes and can't get to work?

Bit too choppy. You might be able to nick 10 points :LOL: but I bet they grab 20 back. :(

Good luck

I am so glad that I don't have to trade shares etc the old fashion way.

Why? because shares are not driven by how much money a company is making anymore but by what is happening outside the companies

I.e if the President of the USA were to trip up and hurt himself - and hospitalised then the US markets would fall!!

I find this very strange indeed.

So I am very happy that I am free to trade whenever I choose and whatever direction takes my fancy!!