US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

i hate when these things happen, it really fugs up the geometry for a while and i have to incorporate it into the work....count yourself lucky if your analysis is based on trendlines etc.....figuring out what to do with a 17 point gap in Globex is not my cup of tea late at night....:(

Tom, whats your feeling for tomorrow then? More upside yet? I'm remembering you saying breaking through the 9350 level and then off. Do you still think that?

sun,
buyers came in at obvious levels.973 ,9184 , 4184 FTSE,3386 DAX,1220 Nas.....good luck with pattern after that little drop....
normal service seems to have resumed...S&Pnow84

Hi Ross, i thought you were off to the big smoke tomorrow?

my take is that the power failure ( except if something serious ) will not cause trouble in the market. It is option expiration and my take is that "they" (good ol' THEY!) will keep the market in a range to collapse premiums and collect it all. I dont know how much shorting or buying they had to do to keep the market in check but you will see the result of it Friday night or monday morning. The path is calling for a move higher off the open and a fairly volatile day, very much like today. I will not be around Ross, i got the box and then I will hit the coast.....quite happy to give this option related manipulation a miss. I am thinking the market is poised for a breakout, and it will manifest itself with a move above 9350.

If that analysis is wrong it will show itself fairly ASAP as I was told today by good friend that there is a major cycle hitting between now and the weekend. I also found a equal time cycle in the DAX which indicates that we are on the verge of MAKE or BREAK. In reality we will break at some point this month according to my work but I just hope, as I said before that the decline begins with the Dow at 9700/9850 and the SP500 at 1024....

bedtime (again)

this outage is a result of Canada not joining the Iraq war...

so America punished the Canucks by banning their beef, even when there was no danger

Canada lost millions of dollars due to the beef banning and so they destroyed the electricity network to get revenge

sneaky bastards

14/8/03 overlay.

Attachments

• overlay 14aug.gif
    overlay 14aug.gif
    47.3 KB · Views: 428
Hope some of you guys got some of the action last nite. Went for tea and 30 mins later the market collapses.

Good luck tomorrow.

thx Achilles, i will continue to put those red lines in to mark turns...i am fairly happy with that

i am on Bloomberg over the weekend, called the Money Show ( i thnk)

That was a shot at you out of nowhere.. huh, sunseeker?
damn journalists. what u been doing?...sleeping with their wifes?...Market seems to have recovered for the morning.
Did anyone with deal4free capitalise on last nights activities...i.e longing the dow at 9200? Didn't try myself but i know that
they can be a##holes sometimes and not fill you when
strange goings on are happening...

Last edited:
Bloody journalists, eh? My girlfriend is one, writes for that very paper in fact!

2468steve said:
CKB,
yeah,and to make matters worse it was probably those French speaking Canadians!!

actually i've changed my opinion, it wasn't the Canucks, it was Skynet!

THE MACHINES ARE TAKING OVER!!

if yuo don't believe me, wait until 6:18

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

i've already built my underground shelter

I sent an email to the Times to complain about the article. It is a shame that they can't be bothered to do their research properly.

How's the path looking today Sun? Appreciate last night's drama might have thrown things out a bit.

Chow