US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

stop is 991, last deal for me, i want it to dtop....now I am fighting against the biggst fool I know

Hmmm ... amazing setup going on at the moment - the big boys are getting into position, so that suggests to me as if a big move will take place tomorrow. Have to wait and see.

dow is falling like a stone after hours but cmc are still selling s&p cash high

No power means no business.The market won't like that.............that's if the market opens of course.I presume Wall St has it's own power backup??

I understand that although Wall St was powerless (haha that makes a change), Chicago was OK so Globex carried on as usual.

CHICAGO (Dow Jones)-The Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. (CME) currently is not being affected by the power outages sweeping parts of the U.S., including New York, Detroit, and Cleveland. Electronic trading of futures products is taking place as usual on the exchange&aposs Globex system.
However, if the New York Stock Exchange faces a delayed opening Friday, a CME spokesperson said they will delay their equity index futures openings to coordinate their markets.
Outages knocked out the lights at the New York Stock Exchange and financial services firms in Lower Manhattan, shortly after 4 p.m. EDT Thursday. There were also reports of malfunctioning traffic lights and problems with mass transit lines.
The NYSE had already closed for regular trading hours when the power outage occurred.
Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. is a subsidiary of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Holdings Inc.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

Dunno. I'm just thankful (so far) that I shorted Sept Dow futures on Fins, just after posting about the setup I saw happening. The bias to me looked short, so I shorted for an EOD play.

these kind of moves annoy me. would have thought it would have been bought again but they're keeping it low...my dad will be happy when he gets back from the pub..!

Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni's Bagel Bar on 56th and 3rd has closed early cos the microwave wont work!!!! thats got to be at least 10 points off the Dow in the morning