S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2021

Here is the SPX 500 Weekly Competition forecasts for week 10, closing 5th of March.

Barjon has turned most bullish against Nowler the bear. Forecast range is 125 points with 8 bulls and just one bear. Personally, I changed my mind after seeing the spritely bounce in all markets. Who cares what bond yields are doing as long as Fed keeps printing money - was my thinking.

Wishing you all good trading and a happy week.

1614639146651.png

Well done to 1nvest this week who takes the gold medal, missing the close by 26 points. Once again Average and Weighted Average have come in 2nd and 3rd place.

Oscar leads the league table with 9 points and followed not so closely behind by 4 others on 6 points.

1615048276776.png

Just three more forecasts to the end of the first quarter. Turning out to be a good warm up getting the competition established again. (y)

1615047991875.png

League Table....
1615048814958.png

3882 for me.

If we have a Monday morning selling then I'm likely to switch directions again. Don't have much opinion either way. Feel everything is over cooked but with spring around the corner some bounce 'surely' must occur. :rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:

I'm disgusted that I did even place last week! lol
Thought for sure I had it in the bag :)

I'd like to go with 3880, por favor

That is a heavenly forecast - rising 100+ points. :)

:D Well, previous deep re-actions have been followed by stellar recoveries in this crazy market so I’ll shoot for the moon. Always assumes the re-action has got deep enough, which is no gimme.

Hello all you FANTASTIC FORECASTERS!!!

Here is the table of forecasts from the most bullish to the bearish.

Quick note to say I have changed my forecast again to 3808 this time. I have two reasons; first after a 113 point drop, the rise last week was just 34 points. Secondly, we are at all time market highs and US - beating war drums on top of all the economic pandemic and rising bond rates n stuff.
1615204907671.png

Barjon is the most bullish and Atilla (me) the bearish. Interestingly, Weighted Average and simple Average are beginning to diverge (just 7 points). There are cluster of forecasts around 3880s so maybe most peeps happy with where the markets are right now.

Wishing you all a good week of trading and sunny days... (y)

1615204653886.png

OMG

1615647661564.png
Well done to Barjon's Godly forecast who has nailed the closing SPX500 cash call this week. 3943. Amazing. Maybe there is a God out there after all. Well done Barjon the chosen one, golden boy T2W! (y) :)(y)

Lexcorp takes the silver spot and 1nvest comes in third place. Good calls. (y)(y)

Barjon now leads the League Table with 10 points and 2 gold medals. Oscar Reed is close behind with also 10 points but just one gold medal.

1615647286624.png

The trading range for week 11 was 162 points and volatility as they say is certainly increasing and going one way.

Just two weeks left for the end of first Quarter 21. Doesn't time fly by.