S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2015 with PRIZES!

If you had $172B to splash what would you spend it on ?
Me, I think I would have an advanced AI centre. Techy companies should have both eyes on the future to advance.
To try and enter the car market against the established giants is really pushing uphill imho and better left to them.
Only a matter of time before troops are replaced by robots.

If you had $172B to splash what would you spend it on ?
Me, I think I would have an advanced AI centre. Techy companies should have both eyes on the future to advance.
To try and enter the car market against the established giants is really pushing uphill imho and better left to them.
Only a matter of time before troops are replaced by robots.

I'd either buy back shares or pay it out as dividends with a view to raising finance when I know what I want to do with all that money.

The technology gap/lag is narrowing and abnormal profits will be harder to come by.

As people wise up, they'll realise paying premium for Apple products is simply not worth it.

Where there is abnormal profits to be made new entrants will flock to the market place. Will need big entrance cost to deter and in the motor industry with many players - fortunately that scenario doesn't exist.

ahem ahem folks

Does that mean I can win gold, silver and bronze ?

:p

Hmmm as you didn't come second or third you can only take gold. Can't change the rules now ;)

Having said that - I was thinking Pat you are 100+ ticks away whilst we are 1 or 2. Others raised similar points and I know this is a re-occurring event - BUT - do you think there is any mileage in amending the points rules; giving une puan for direction and the 3,2,1 to the nearest forecasts on closing price, irrespective of direction? :cheesy:

Is this worth debating at the next opportune conjuncture for 2nd QTR perhaps?

Hmmm as you didn't come second or third you can only take gold. Can't change the rules now ;)

Having said that - I was thinking Pat you are 100+ ticks away whilst we are 1 or 2. Others raised similar points and I know this is a re-occurring event - BUT - do you think there is any mileage in amending the points rules; giving une puan for direction and the 3,2,1 to the nearest forecasts on closing price, irrespective of direction? :cheesy:

That might work, although Pat is only 12 ticks above at the moment on 2122 I think.
:)

I always looked at it as being on the grid for the F1. Got to have a forward direction to win even if it's further imho rather than a backward one even if it is only inches. But it's up to you now, so..................

I was listening to a radio 4 programme last night about AI. Someone,( I wish I had caught the name ) has invented software that can play games. Computer games from the 80s. From scratch it can figure out the game. After another 2 hours it can beat a professional player !
Wow think what it might be like with trading ?

:eek:

I was listening to a radio 4 programme last night about AI. Someone,( I wish I had caught the name ) has invented software that can play games. Computer games from the 80s. From scratch it can figure out the game. After another 2 hours it can beat a professional player !
Wow think what it might be like with trading ?

:eek:

I think that was Google Deepmind, I read an article in the Metro on it yesterday, cant find the article but here's a link
I think it Was Al Go perhaps..? :cheesy:

I think that was Google Deepmind, I read an article in the Metro on it yesterday, cant find the article but here's a link
I think it Was Al Go perhaps..? :cheesy:

That is the very one.
Should one worry ? Not much point in that imho as the clock won't be turned back.
Very close to consciousness but not there yet. The day a robot can feel pain, emotions and short changed will be a quantum leap forward.

Top tomato this week is Lexcorp who having found his mojo last week has taken second consequitive gold. Well done Lexcorp. (y)

TwinToWin takes silver and moi - I take my 4th bronze of the quarter which is just great and never had it so good if I may say so. (y) ;)

..............................Lexcorp
...........TwinToWin..............................Atilla

photos.demandstudios.com-51-246-fotolia_2209604_XS.jpg

League table here...

There is now 4 weeks left for the end of Quarter-1 and spring is just round the corner. With a maximum 16 points on table the competition is still open and the $50 quarterly prize - anyones.

Looking at the stats 12WBT thus far has the best FSR ratio with Lexcorp in close second. Both have ratios above 3. Great forecasting! (y)(y)

Last edited:
feels due a retrace down, but they do love to carry on squeezing until all hope of a drop is lost so gonna try higher again!

Agree with lexcorp, (was going to go just below new high) so I'll go bold 2122 pls, tho I find any comment about why leads to eggy faces...