S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2016 with PRIZES!

Anyone willing to take over the running of the competition we all enjoy next year?

Post here or PM me and we can have a hand over. You too can make fun of the best (and worst) brains of T2W with impunity and they will love you for it.

Attachments

• kitch.jpg
    kitch.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 286
I think ZeroHedge describes this as "Full retard mode".

Attachments

• FRM.png
    FRM.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 203
Well done Postman for running the comp for 2016.
Someone else is invited to take it on for 2017.

SOMEONE...........................

(y)

:LOL:If no one is willing to step up to the plate Atilla and I will have another go.

How about you Peter ?
A US view perhaps ?
As long as you don't start charging :LOL:

Last edited:
Yesterday no one sold anything, today no ones buying anything.

It all makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Mad as a box of frogs those yanks.

Hey Guys,

Not much shennanigans with the tactical forecasting this year as we have a clear winner for 2016 in Pat who has an unasailable lead with 46 points. Postman and Mike are in second and third place. Will leave the drum rolls once numbers finalised.

For this quarter 2016_Q4 WackyPete is in the lead with 13 points. Due respects to him, he forecasted first followed by NickBk and PingPong.

$100 Amazon prize voucher will be taking the digital highway to one of their mailboxes very soon.

We have 4 bulls and 9 bears for the last end of year 16 forecast.

Good luck to you all (y)

Attachments

• Running_Tot_PU_16.JPG
    Running_Tot_PU_16.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 216
  • LF_16.JPG
    LF_16.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 247
:LOL:If no one is willing to step up to the plate Atilla and I will have another go.

How about you Peter ?
A US view perhaps ?
As long as you don't start charging :LOL:

Unfortunately, I became disabled in 2014 due to a stroke and am unable to dedicate the time. :(

Peter

Unfortunately, I became disabled in 2014 due to a stroke and am unable to dedicate the time. :(

Peter

Sorry to hear that wacky...hope you make a full recovery.. two of my friends have already done so after a stroke....takes time mate...all the best for the new year :clap:

Final week of the competition for 2016!

You know who is cementing his solid performance with a Gold in the last week just to rub our noses in it. Well done to Pat, just 2 points off the close in a wild week.
Atilla sneaks a Silver for the second time this quarter, and NickBK gets the Bronze!

With the S&P falling 25 points this week, here's to the Bears having their final fling.

Attachments

• bear3.jpg
    bear3.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 308
Next up the quarterly prize which has been closely fought right up to the final week.

First place with 13 points NIckBk :clap:
In a photo finish second place goes to WackyPete with 12 :eek: (y)
And third place with 10 points Pingpong!

A sterling performance (more like S&P performance actually) for all three but NickBk gets the $100 prize.

Attachments

• quarters.png
    quarters.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 268
And now, for consistent performance, the end of year competition winners.

In First place with a surfeit of medals 7 Gold 7 Silver and 4 Bronze PAT494 !!!
Second 14 points behind but 6 Gold's is Postman!!
Third place on 26 points and also 6 Golds is Mike!

$50, $30 and $20 respectively will be winging their way through the ether shortly.

Attachments

• FTSilv.jpg
    FTSilv.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 254
What a year (and its only January 1st :LOL:).

Another crazy year has passed us by:
The deaths of musical legends.
The breakup of nations.
The birth of a new era in US politics and all the global ramifications that will have.

I sincerely wish you all the best for the fledgling year and hope you achieve what you set out to do. So take some time to think carefully about what that is.

Sayonara!

What a year (and its only January 1st :LOL:).

Another crazy year has passed us by:
The deaths of musical legends.
The breakup of nations.
The birth of a new era in US politics and all the global ramifications that will have.

I sincerely wish you all the best for the fledgling year and hope you achieve what you set out to do. So take some time to think carefully about what that is.

Sayonara!

Great job and super pics Postman, always enjoy your posts and write ups.

Thank you very much and wishing you and everyone a happy new year in 2017 :)

Final Results for End of Year 2016 - SPX Forecasting Competition.

Looking at results the two averages haven't done well at all this year. Weighted average is below mean average too so perhaps the weighting needs adjusting.

Also, this was the first year where we started deducting 1 point for wrong direction which I think has helped, giving the scoring more of an edge.

Looking at the stats it was not an easy year to forecast with 24 direction changes.

QTR1 _ Bull Weeks = 7 -- Bear Weeks 5
QTR2 _ Bull Weeks = 6 -- Bear Weeks 7
QTR3 _ Bull Weeks = 10 - Bear Weeks 4
QTR4 _ Bull Weeks = 6 -- Bear Weeks 7
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------

Here are some pics showing last quarter and total running points for EoY and the year in charts; weekly CS for 2016.

(y)

Attachments

• QTR4_16.JPG
    QTR4_16.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 290
  • FINAL_16.JPG
    FINAL_16.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 336
  • SPX_Chart_16.JPG
    SPX_Chart_16.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 322