S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2015 with PRIZES!

I remember that certain changes were discussed in the scoring system some time ago ?
Well it might work to have the points" from " the close on Friday with those not even in the right direction being minus points ? Spot on being 100 points. So 25 points above or below Friday's close but in the right direction scores 75 .

Any comments ?

I remember that certain changes were discussed in the scoring system some time ago ?
Well it might work to have the points" from " the close on Friday with those not even in the right direction being minus points ? Spot on being 100 points. So 25 points above or below Friday's close but in the right direction scores 75 .

Any comments ?

I was thinking along the lines of;

- 1 point for direction
- Usual 3, 2, 1 points for the nearest irrespective of direction
- eg: Market ends down 2 pips. Someone who predicted direction up 5 pips should take the 3 points over someone who predicts 10 pips down (they'd get 2 points).

Bearing in mind those predicting a down market more than likely to get the 3 points on most occasions anyhow.

Regarding deducting marks for getting direction wrong I'm up for that too. However, I would restrict the point to -1.

This way if one is not with the trend but going against the market then one may end up with negative scores in which case they'll have a clear message from the market to take note.

Finally, regarding implementation - an opportune moment may be start of Quarter-2 in April. Alternatively, we can save proposal for start of next year? Personally, I'd favour April. Happy to live with it depending on what everyone else thinks. :)

I was thinking along the lines of;

- 1 point for direction
- Usual 3, 2, 1 points for the nearest irrespective of direction
- eg: Market ends down 2 pips. Someone who predicted direction up 5 pips should take the 3 points over someone who predicts 10 pips down (they'd get 2 points).

Bearing in mind those predicting a down market more than likely to get the 3 points on most occasions anyhow.

Regarding deducting marks for getting direction wrong I'm up for that too. However, I would restrict the point to -1.

This way if one is not with the trend but going against the market then one may end up with negative scores in which case they'll have a clear message from the market to take note.

Finally, regarding implementation - an opportune moment may be start of Quarter-2 in April. Alternatively, we can save proposal for start of next year? Personally, I'd favour April. Happy to live with it depending on what everyone else thinks. :)

OK by me, let's give it a go then if others are in favour.

OK by me, let's give it a go then if others are in favour.

Ok then to clarify, starting from Quarter-2 - April, new scoring system proposal is;

a) +1 point for getting direction correct
b) -1 point for getting direction wrong
c) +3, +2, +1 for the closest forecasts to Friday close.

All those in favour say +aye and against -naye :?:

Ok then to clarify, starting from Quarter-2 - April, new scoring system proposal is;

Ok for me bud

Hi Guys,I don't exspect you will remember me,but i often look in to see how your all doing.
Have been thinking of coming back and joining you all again with my end of week forcast and am now reading change is afoot,
so i would like to bring to your attenshion the one thing that would get my goat when i was playing in the hope you could look at that also.
That being closer than everyone like 2 pips under the finishing price yet someone 10 pips over the price takes the gold yet your closer,that really used to hurt.
As the game is closest to fridays close not just direction or we my as well just play high or low like a binary bet.
Just a thought,another thought i just had was just give points to the first say 5 closest and do away with direction altogether,that would also stop tactical play where one trys to just get direction right in the hope of getting 52 points by the years end and winning the top price,not that anyone would lol.
Atilla would have it easyer, who i might add does a brilliant job, which would give him more time on his hands to find better jokes lol.
So there you have it. i've had my mone may see you all in April.

Hi Guys,I don't exspect you will remember me,but i often look in to see how your all doing.
Have been thinking of coming back and joining you all again with my end of week forcast and am now reading change is afoot,
so i would like to bring to your attenshion the one thing that would get my goat when i was playing in the hope you could look at that also.
That being closer than everyone like 2 pips under the finishing price yet someone 10 pips over the price takes the gold yet your closer,that really used to hurt.
As the game is closest to fridays close not just direction or we my as well just play high or low like a binary bet.
Just a thought,another thought i just had was just give points to the first say 5 closest and do away with direction altogether,that would also stop tactical play where one trys to just get direction right in the hope of getting 52 points by the years end and winning the top price,not that anyone would lol.
Atilla would have it easyer, who i might add does a brilliant job, which would give him more time on his hands to find better jokes lol.
So there you have it. i've had my mone may see you all in April.

Hi ibetyou,

You are more than welcome to come back and we would look forward to your return as a regular T2W member that you are. (y)

I think this change should definitely ease your scoring concern as the podium 3-2-1 points really makes a difference. Points will be awared to the nearest irrespective of direction.

Regarding your second suggestion to offer 5 podium places with scores and do away with direction is a bigger shift from our current scoring method. Perhaps it is one that may be considered as the number of players increase. I would like to recommend we consider/discuss this towards December before the start of next year if that's ok.

Like to re-iterate this is a competition that's effectively managed by us all so if we can get participants to vote on suggestions we can amend the scoring system.

From a calculation perspective it's not much work as the sheet calc does the number crunching anyhow.

For now though I'm sure the changes proposed with podium points for proximity irrespective of direction and +/- point for getting direction right or wrong hopefully comes very close to your suggestion but the 5 points.

Thank you for your comments and idea. Looking forward to your forecast now ibetyou. :)

Sooner you start the better chance you'll have for the end of year.

2020 pls. I like the proposed change, honours even for first n second if first misses direction.

+aye

also, 2050.5 :)

Still going long after all these years.
You must be richer than croesus.

I saw you out canvassing the other day, youve changed a little over the years but I still recognised you from your avatar.

Attachments

• SamSpade.jpg
    SamSpade.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 187

Aye

Still going long after all these years.
You must be richer than croesus.

I saw you out canvassing the other day, youve changed a little over the years but I still recognised you from your avatar.

Pick one?

redhat-penguin.gif
or
fedora-penguin.png