FX 2007 > Week 19 -23 Mar

Your favoured pair and timeframes used

• Total voters
hornblower said:
are you going to hold up to the news?

in the mail this morning they are talking about increasing the rate to 5.5in the next few months
if the vote is leaning towards an increase , then the price , will go up?

if there is no indication of an increase , and its steady as you go , then it will go down ?

anyone got any thoughts on this

Expectation is a 7-2 vote for no change. If its as expected then I think mkt will resume uptrend as thats where is seems to want to be anyway (at least up to 675). If its 8-1 then price drops, 5-3 and it rockets...... all IMHO of course :LOL:

29Investments said:
Expectation is a 7-2 vote for no change. If its as expected then I think mkt will resume uptrend as thats where is seems to want to be anyway (at least up to 675). If its 8-1 then price drops, 5-3 and it rockets...... all IMHO of course :LOL:

imho is gratefully received

anyone else ?

29Investments said:
Morning all

Am currently on sidelines waiting to see what boe minutues do to mkt.

Smarting slightly from losses trying to short a "supposed" pull back yesterday. Really hacked off with myself as I'd been long and waiting for the move to 9600s for ages - should have just sat tight and collected. Oh well thats trading eh :confused:

I used to have that habit now I don't go for the tops.

My motto is drive on the correct side of the road with ma MAs.

I took my profits 596. Premature once again. 29 pips in the bag.

22.2 pips of slippage on my stop with OANDA. They're getting sloppy, it's usualy bang on no matter what. I'm miffed.

Atilla said:
Just gone short at 625 - Target 605 - SL 635
Good shot, I took 634 short very nervously but looking good at the moment. Some of your previous comments have forced me to re-apraise my longer term bias, which has had me facing the wrong way for the last few sessions. Thanks for that.

hornblower said:
are you going to hold up to the news?

in the mail this morning they are talking about increasing the rate to 5.5in the next few months
if the vote is leaning towards an increase , then the price , will go up?

if there is no indication of an increase , and its steady as you go , then it will go down ?

anyone got any thoughts on this

I mean reluctance to raise rate is based on market sentimant and US housing figures. I think what ever happens in the US happens in the UK.

I reckon inflationary prices and difficult trading conditions + debt problem scares people from tackling hard issues. Also, the BoE doesn't like raising interest rates in quick succession. June July definate. May maybe.

However, I think this stagnation issue is really being ignored to the point of denial. I think everyone is expecting slowdown in economic activity will slow inflation down, but there simply is too much liquidity.

Students of economics probably remember stagflation in late 70s after ME petrol crises of early seventies. Sky high commodity prices are causing the same.

Uphios said:
Good shot, I took 634 short very nervously but looking good at the moment. Some of your previous comments have forced me to re-apraise my longer term bias, which has had me facing the wrong way for the last few sessions. Thanks for that.

Thank you Uphios, I likewise re-evaluate based on everyones comments here.

However, on a personal note, I have come out too early moving on my targets and missed large moves. Greed is so hard to deal with :)

I'm thinking of ditching my targets and move to sliding SL. :idea:

and just incase you think I missed the top by 20 pips

Who said the top is in?

This is so frustrating to see you guys discussing what I'm missing out on! I only have a locked down internet access on my works system so can't trade today!! Will see if I can get on me laptop near lunchtime to short from 680... bummer

good luck chaps

dc2000 said:
all good fun now tell me ya all didnt get at least 90 pips there

I don't have the nerve. In out scary cat.

If I had larger capital behind I may become bolder but I have a lot to learn and a long way to go.

I think I'll listen watch and wait for some stability and direction.

Fib 21% retrace on the nose at 1.9577. Wondering weather we'll touch 1.9600 but given one of the calls was for a drop is scary for going long.

Just wondering what next now?

dc2000 said:
I'd like 582 down to 524 now then slow rise

Sounds like a good idea. My candles and charts showing a bounce whilst MAs still down.

Mixed emoitions. I'll hold out for some indicators to change direction too. I might go short again if 550 is breached.

It might test 590-600 before turning back down. Looking for extended oscillators.

Priceman said:
This is so frustrating to see you guys discussing what I'm missing out on! I only have a locked down internet access on my works system so can't trade today!! Will see if I can get on me laptop near lunchtime to short from 680... bummer

good luck chaps

Hi Priceman,

I was in that position but I'm now out of contract and looking for a new position. However, I know what you mean and in the past trading in haste wanting to be in on the action wasn't the best way. Especially when you couldn't watch the screens frequently and SL kept blowing away.

Good things in all things.

Good luck.

I make 613 61% fib retrace.

I think price will touch MA-55 and turn on 3 min charts. Roughly same region as 61% fib retrace.

If that level and 615 is breached I'll change my short view.

Hi 29I,

Remember from yesterday how the markets move so much before news is announced.

There was another 40 pip move down before the figures from 664.

Setup is rigged. Somebody somewhere always knows the news before anyone else.

Well looking better for a short now, but MAs about to cross up on 3min charts. If 595 is breached I'm likely to short.

Just gone short again at 1.9596. Target 555.

Manual SL around 1.9615-20

I think it is time for the scalpers to being their work.....................Morning All.....
I am out of all my positions longterm and short term and starting fresh.....Looking for a short at present