FX 2007 > Week 19 -23 Mar

Your favoured pair and timeframes used

• Total voters
oh thats cool so you are gonna leave a trade in just like you did when you went to marurituis I take DC special......

Went to get an apple and take 5 and missed the target zone.

Just closed pos at 576. Can't s seem to make up it's mind and nor can I. :rolleyes: :LOL:

As I'm writing this what happens. It sinks to 569. Typical. :confused:

29Investments said:
-ve cross on hourly slow stochs

I think slow stochs ok for sideways moving slow markets or extended periods but in bursty days not so well.

I'm out now, but using text book basics I'd wait for price to cross MAs for starters.

It looks like it's coming of it's highs but I feel it may only be a pull back.

On the 10min charts it's still not confirmed for me as MAs haven't crossed and candles showing upside.

dc2000 said:
nope taking three weeks off

Not expecting much action or expecting that things going to get messy? I seem to remember that March 16th was your date for a return to normality.

City Bound said:
Not expecting much action or expecting that things going to get messy? I seem to remember that March 16th was your date for a return to normality.

Cable Messy........It has done my head in today....I am also off till next monday.....No trading at all for the next 3 days...............................

29Investments said:
We must be due another 15/20 pip drop again soon

Yeah I thought that couple of 10 minutes ago and its now going up again. :rolleyes:

I've chalked up 71 pips today which is good for me but now my spider senses are tingling again sign of an imminent money losing trades impending.

I'm out of gold too. Virtually hit my target of 660 before I finished typing.

Cable's wiggling its ar5e again if you ask me. Doing the samba sideways shuffle...

SPX looks like it's braking out of 1405. Will I trade it Noooooooooooo....! :p
Going to watch it up to 1420-30 and short the beast. Show it what a grissly bear feels like on mating season...

I agree with Rav though, sometimes it's best to sit out in the cold air for a while and revitalise your senses whilst markets sort out their knickers. :cheesy:

Wow, cable is still upstream.

Anybody out there?

I'm still out at the moment. Keeping my pips unlike yesterday. Glad because I thought we were due for a fall. Spider tingles saved my pips. :)

Hi DC do you still have your third trade open. I think your tarket was 620+ something was it not. Absolutely amazing.

I'm just getting in on the short side... recipe for disaster. Did have +55 for the day let's see if I lose that now going against the trend! I'm working on where it's going to fall to, will post again in a while. Good day for you Atilla, well done mate.

City Bound said:

expecting some good action but expecting better later in the year what with the collapse of the Dow n stuff

Atilla said:
Wow, cable is still upstream.

Anybody out there?

I'm still out at the moment. Keeping my pips unlike yesterday. Glad because I thought we were due for a fall. Spider tingles saved my pips. :)

Hi DC do you still have your third trade open. I think your tarket was 620+ something was it not. Absolutely amazing.

yes now out of all trades and will wait if we see 671 in the rest of the US sesh I will short it hard, failing that I will wait for 524 and go long tomorrow

City Bound said:
Looks like we are seeing a return of the tight Asian range. Good good.

Morning everyone,

Cable is looking very sprightly this morning. I was considering a short at 1.964 before I knew it dropped 40 pips. Don't know why it dropped so rapidly. BoE minutes coming out. 7-2 vote is expected. + Budget + Fed speel.

The BBC site had this...
"The Fed's upcoming statement will be important because, since their last statement, the economy has softened, while the inflation data has remained elevated," said Peter Boockvar of Miller Tabak & Co.

This is the stagnation theory I've been banging my drum about. This makes any view on direction of US interest rates and $ a tough call. I'm guessing $ should continue to fall long run so I'm bullish over all.

For today though my TA - MAs pointing to a short for now.
If cable drops to 623 I will short with a Target 606.
SL 632.

Morning all

Am currently on sidelines waiting to see what boe minutues do to mkt.

Smarting slightly from losses trying to short a "supposed" pull back yesterday. Really hacked off with myself as I'd been long and waiting for the move to 9600s for ages - should have just sat tight and collected. Oh well thats trading eh :confused:

Atilla said:
Just gone short at 625 - Target 605 - SL 635

are you going to hold up to the news?

in the mail this morning they are talking about increasing the rate to 5.5in the next few months
if the vote is leaning towards an increase , then the price , will go up?

if there is no indication of an increase , and its steady as you go , then it will go down ?

anyone got any thoughts on this