FX-2007: Jan 08 > Jan 12

How was 2006 for you? (compared to 04/05)

• Above average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Below average returns

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No meaningful returns - still learning

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Got better - improved strategy

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Got better - improved money management

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Got better - improved psychology/mentoring

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fx guru posted this today

Dear fellows,

USD/JPY - BUY
ENTRY - 118.40
STOP - 117.90
LIMIT - 119.20

and

GBP/USD - SELL
ENTRY - 1.9320
STOP - 1.9370
LIMIT - 1.9100

he is looking for a short as well

dc2000 said:
mrng chaps signal for me is to the short side so just waiting for a good entry price

355 will do

I hope you did get one. The trend is still down.

jacinto said:
with two reversal patterns on the 240 min chart, one already triggered ;)

I don't know what reversal patterns are, but I suppose the market is a little bit oversold now... ;)

Baruch said:
I don't know what reversal patterns are, but I suppose the market is a little bit oversold now... ;)

double bottom triggered, 123 higher low forming with a 30 min outside bar, triggers at the high of the day, where the trendline will be broken.

edit: and with 60 min outside bar, 240 hammer that triggers ppattern. see you at 9430

Last edited:
I had a short triggered at 05 which was then stopped out at breakeven. It looks like with no data to act as a catalyst, we will probably just range trade today. The trend is undoubtedly down but that means little to day traders and small recovery above 1.94 could easily occur without changing the trend. Unlikely this afternoon I think though.

jacinto said:
double bottom triggered, 123 higher low forming with a 30 min outside bar, triggers at the high of the day, where the trendline will be broken.

edit: and with 60 min outside bar, 240 hammer that triggers ppattern. see you at 9430

Yes, but there also seems to be rumours going around about some nasty things happening in New York right now... :eek:

Baruch said:
Yes, but there also seems to be rumours going around about some nasty things happening in New York right now... :eek:

then you can go short now

Short at 70 stop at 9400.

I hope we can both be correct OT, good luck

Baruch said:

About a smell like gas in the streets...

Baruch said:
But not a word on CNN...

PS. I got the rumours from Saxo Bank.
NEW YORK (AP)--A mysterious gas-like odor covered parts of Manhattan on Monday, leaving people from Rockefeller Center to the West Side Highway wondering what they were smelling.

The New York City Fire Department began getting calls about the odor around 9 a.m., said spokesman Tim Hinchey. No cause had been identified yet.

Across the Hudson River in Jersey City, Maria Pignataro, the spokeswoman for Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy, said officials were told the odor in their city was due to a gas leak in the Chelsea section of Manhattan.

New York City police officials have denied finding a gas leak, according to television reports.

Meanwhile, according to a report on MSNBC, the PATH train service that runs from New Jersey to 33rd Street in Manhattan has been suspended.

Also, Cable News Network reported that an office building in midtown New York City has been evacuated.

In August, a gaseous smell hit parts of Queens and Staten Island, sending seven people to the hospital.

Consolidated Edison Inc. (ED) officials had no immediate comment.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

January 08, 2007 10:11 ET (15:11 GMT)

Priceman said:

Stopped out of 3/4 of my position on the dip down but I've had a good day jobbing the market, so I'm not that bothered. Looks a short now, I have to say, although I'm finished for day except for a stop at 40 on the remaining 1/4. Good luck to you. In a funny way I hope it goes down because having been stopped out narrowly it was an "almost" trade if it goes higher from here

Priceman said:

Out of short at 52, will get back in depending on where it goes now. Eur doesn't want to go down...