FTSE 100 intraday trading - JUNE 2003

Not a happy day for the bulls ?
Went through fib at 4105 with hardly a nod of the head
and then went on to hit previous low !
If we do not rally tomorrow then we may be looking at testing the bottom of the channel - just above 4000 .
Futures show no sign of reaching for FAIR VALUE.

Attachments

• jun23.gif
    jun23.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 326
you may also want to keep your eyes on this
It's the U.S Dollar.
Seems to be topping out at the same time as the markets.

Attachments

• dollar.gif
    dollar.gif
    11 KB · Views: 418
Hi Bonsai

Your comment about +63 sounds like me about a year ago. Got out of positions to early taking small profits but missing out on the overall move. I tended to come away with profits but at the end of the day the % gained against the points actually available was well down and this used to annoy me. Now I am happy to just walk away with the profit locked in. I have spent about a year trying to get round this problem and have found what works for me is to apply 2 trading strategies. I get more of the available points using D4F for the individual trends during the day and with my IB account I take the small points while I still have them which is usually from 4 - 10 pts unless the upper limit is past with ease and I have space to let the trend run even with my IB trade.

Boy,

I do not use the phone with IB but as yet have had no problems and set a stop at 5 so not much risk there. The round trip on the FTSE per contract is £3.40 and I do not think you will find it cheaper.

Kevin

Support/ Resistance for Tuesday 24th June. Anyone for a +ive move from S1 & lower support channel line c.4060/4070 ?

Attachments

• ftse-100.jpg
    ftse-100.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 252
I have been suggesting for a while that we would see a
false break below 4100, so I had better stick with that for now.
The start this morning hasnt blown me out of the water so far.
Interesting, in view of Dow fall !

Doesn't look like there is going to be much action on the FTSE this morning.

You may be lucky to squeeze a 10 to 15pts out of it.

"Boredom trade" is not a logical reason to trade. How can you rationalise the outcome of that trade afterwoods. Don't trade for the sake of it, there are many more hours/days to come.

Surely trading support/resistence levels is more logical. 4080 was a support level in the first week of June. That held initially last night and very first thing this morning but then failed around 9.30am. Saw rapid fall away. Next support level 4050 seen in last week of May. Lets see if that can hold market. If not then its a possible sharp fall away to 3930 level.

Over the last 10 days a H&S has formed giving a downside target of approx 4025.Therefore 4050/4025 looks possible.

S2 for today is 4030 so quite possible. just taken 11pts long 4063- closed at 4074. Dax just gone in to +ive territory.

back for a while
lot of personal stuff to see to today
where is everyone ,no-one trading today ?

looks like the 50% fib has been lost.
and now we are on the brink of a very sharp fall ?
time for a bottom ?

bonsai,

i take it that you are calculating the fib from the may 20 low?

Hi boy
4219/3920 are the data points.I take the pull back to 3920 to be
the correction of the first wave in the rally from 3908

The action at this level looks weak and we have failed twice to pull back above this level. So it would be a surprise to me if it
was still in play.
But that's nothing new. I was surprised how easily we cut through 4100.

Was not at my desk for much of today so no trading. Looks
like I missed nothing except the opportunity to lose money.
So that's good news ?. It looked like a day when it would have been easy to lose money.

Attachments

• jun24.gif
    jun24.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 521