Dow Intraday Charts 20 Sept - 24 Sept

3 pk positive divergance on slow stochs and RSI.

shouldnt, stress, shouldnt, fall too much further.

probably my imagination, but volume seems to be picking up.
dow at 10,128-33 on d4f.

Is this the botom, and now upwards ??

dont ask me, im crap at forecasting....

looking for 10,200 by the close / a close above the day's midpoint..

hmmm..

I do declare - the upward move may have started !!
I am at break-even with the dow at 10,139-44 on d4f.

broadsword will be b/e soon.

next stop 10,200 ??
another 45 mins to the 7pm kick

stopped out at 10,105. for -34 points.

CANT BELIEVE I WAS TRADING WHAT I THINK, WHEN I COULD SEE THE DOW DROP !!!

Chuffin' eck !!

10,131 is break-even...

looks like the 7pm reversal is kicking in......

not confident until i see what happens when the bond markets shut at 8pm.....

hmmm..

Missed all the euphoria at start of the session therefore waited for patterns to emerge.

2:42 Gravestone Doji ,bearish pattern, put in Sell @ 10120

3:09 Falling three methods confirming bearish trend ahead

3:54 Exit @ 10100 , 20 points..

Attachments

• 78.1095883147085.print.gif&scope=common&host=www.prophet.pdf
    13.9 KB · Views: 361
Hi

Been out of action for 2 days with dead hard drive and other PC problems :(

Back now though :).... don't get rid of me that easy. he he!

Home after 5:0pm to see very negative sentiment. +-15 rules were abandonded more or less. Having missed the big move in the 1st few hours I was looking for shorting opportunities and decided that the ema touch at A would do. The move up never really bothered me and if it had gone any higher, to 100ema +15, I had left in an order to add to the short. Never happened though. Closed a bit early at B for +19. I was looking for another entry and decided the market had now turned sideways at C and decided a long would be a safe bet but it was a bit late in the day so I took the December price. Not looking too good at the moment with 10100 looking in danger of breaking. Stop is below 10080.

+19 today.

Regards

Bill :)

Note: Capital Spreads simulator prices traded were below the Dow cash price today in case you think they look a little odd.

+-15 ema Rules are

1. Short if price crosses 100ema and touches/crosses 100ema+15
2. Long if price crosses 100ema and touches 100ema-15.
3. Short if nd and/or price is 100ema +15 [or v close]
4. Long if pd and/or price is 100ema -15 [or v close]
5. Don't trade in the 1st hour
6. Stop losses above/below obvious SR

Attachments

• dow_220904.gif
    dow_220904.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 176
Channel drop and start all over.... How on earth did that come about? 15 min chart shown to givw a bigger picture. Strange widths on the day breaks.Is that a glitch with Sierra or does someone know a fix?....

Attachments

• dow 22-09-04 10.gif
    dow 22-09-04 10.gif
    38.4 KB · Views: 177
Note the calculation of T1 ignores the gap at the open..... Note also the sucessive failures of the PD's- the market only wants down...... The OS CCI signalled the bottom for sure, and 10 below T1. Not a signal to go long. 132 did us no favours today either....

Attachments

• dow 22-09-04 1.gif
    dow 22-09-04 1.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 210
How on earth did that come about?

A delayed reaction to Big Al’s efforts yesterday CM, I suspect – he likes to test his tanking abilities on a regular basis……. :(

(profit warnings and oil $ don’t help either imho)

Strange widths on the day breaks.Is that a glitch with Sierra or does someone know a fix?....

Version 52 SierraCharts recently released and ready for download – my chart for the same period is ok

Regards..

ps - there's a list of the upgrades functions/glitches on http://sierrachart.com/new.html

Last edited:
Nope, Ver. 52 makes no difference..... no mention of it in the version releases either.

Correction - my 15min chart has the same problem on max view - but the problem disappears when you zoom in a bit.........

pass...... :confused:

Jeez - at last we get a big trending day but a minor family accident (nothing serious thankfully) left me literally holding the baby and unable to trade. I hope I would have found a decent place to go short but the repeated PDs would probably have played havoc with my emotions!

Let's hope we are going to start getting some action now.

Attachments

• 20040922.jpg
    20040922.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 177
Wednesday

Hi,
Just a quick note to admit my failings!

Wednesday was NOT a good day for me.

I know not to but still tried to catch that falling knife. Must remember, the trend has stopped (but for how long?) when the 30 ema crosses the 100 ema on 5 / 10 minute charts for my purposes.

Reminds me of the adage ... keep it simple, stupid.

Anyway, after being up +214 from Monday and Tuesday, I'm now underwater -168 for 7 positions.

You don't make a loss until you close and it's not over till the fat lady sings ... but I'm not a happy chappy.

MA volume analysis says up, today / tomorrow / early next week (thanks for the timing guys!); EW says wave count finished so up. My gut say up today / tomorrow. I think TA says up but you'll know TA better than I.

So, I'm staying in; I see a low potential at 10070, with target upside around 240, 260, 280.

Good luck to everyone today.

Regards,

Graham.

Last edited: