Brexit and the Consequences

No, there's nothing altruistic about me, Jason!
:p

I've acknowledged that there are consequences of leaving the EU and, while some people may be worse off, I believe the right thing to do is to act in the interests of the majority - be they rich or poor - in the medium to long term. That's what I've done. In the words of Michael Caine: "I'd rather be a poor master than a rich servant."

There's plenty of money for the government to spend on the things it wants to spend it on. For example, there's any amount of it to spend on useless PPE and lockdowns that don't work and on so called 'vaccines' that aren't safe and aren't effective. Latterly, there's any amount of it to spend on killing people in Ukraine and reducing that country to rubble. Our own politicians have demonstrated through their actions that they don't care two hoots about the people of this country: adding another layer of corrupt globalists on top of them who care even less about us strikes me as being the height of folly!

Anyway, I get that you and Alan think we should have remained and that we would be much better off financially - both individually and as a nation had we done so. Perhaps you're right, although I'm sure someone like Jacob Rees-Mogg could match you stat' for stat' to suggest otherwise. Personally, I don't much care either way, because what's done is done and the best thing for as all to do now is to pull together, put the past behind us, look to the future and make the most of the situation we are in. Had we all done that from 25th June 2016, I'm very confident we'd all be far better off on numerous levels than we are right now!
Tim.
VACCINES ARE SAFE. LOCKDOWNS WORK,MASKS WORK. DO NOT SPREAD LIES, OR SHOW YOUR IGNORANCE UNLESS YOU HAVE A PHD IN VIROLOGY

Ok Tim, going back to your central point, that the fact that leaving the EU trading block isn't working out very well so far is down to the fault of British people that voted not to leave.

That covers a lot of people.
Who are these people?
And what have they done to insure brexit is not working so far and what do they need to do to make it work?

Tim & CV,

All the dead people I know, friends and family who died of covid, none of them had had the vaccine. This is not a joke.

I doubt very much that either of you hold high positions in institutions which compile, collate and research all of the research done around the world on this virus.

Assuming that you don't maybe you could do one bit of research to help yourselves.
That would be, to tally up all of the deaths from covid-19 and then tally up all of the deaths from The vaccines and see if that helps you at all.

While you are at it you could also write to all of the government's around the world. Telling them how to save money by not giving vaccines to their people. Because that is obviously something they have not thought of.

No it's 100% proven these work-you are a delusion child. Spreading lies like this harms people .
As I say Windlesham - not lies - proven facts. It's not me, but the 'vaccines' that are harming people and in huge numbers. The onus is upon you to prove that the vaccines are not responsible for millions of people worldwide who have been seriously harmed by them and for the thousands that have died as a result of them. As for their efficacy, it's now a well established fact that they don't prevent people from catching Covid or from spreading it to others. If you want to bury your head in the sand and pretend otherwise - that's your prerogative.

By all means challenge me on this but, as CV rightly points out, this thread is not the place to do it. Either pick this up on the Asian Coronavirus Outbreak thread - or start a new one of your own - but let's not take this one off-topic any further.
Tim.

Ok Tim, going back to your central point, that the fact that leaving the EU trading block isn't working out very well so far is down to the fault of British people that voted not to leave.

That covers a lot of people.
Who are these people?
And what have they done to insure brexit is not working so far and what do they need to do to make it work?
Hi Jason,
My post was a tad tongue-in-cheek and I couldn't resist pressing your buttons. Sorry! Naughty of me I know, guilty as charged. :p

That said, I stick by the closing comment in my last reply to you that there's nothing to be gained about arguing whether leaving was the right or wrong thing to do. We've done it, sort of, ish, and the best thing that we can all do now is to put it behind us, move on and make the most of whatever the future holds. You and Alan might say the future looks grim and that we're neck high in brown sticky stuff. And I'd largely agree with that assessment - but I doubt that Brexit has much - if anything - to do with it.
Tim.

That said, I stick by the closing comment in my last reply to you that there's nothing to be gained about arguing whether leaving was the right or wrong thing to do. We've done it, sort of, ish, and the best thing that we can all do now is to put it behind us, move on and make the most of whatever the future holds.
Nobody has doubts of the reality or legality of Brexit.
Here we are discussing about the consequences, if what was promised by the promoters has been acheived or not.
The discussion now is if there are good consequences, if it has been a good or bad decision.

There is nothing "to gain" just like discussing about Ukraine or Covid, it is just a discussion, we are listening different opinions, we are trying to understand what happened and maybe what will happen.

Last edited:
Nobody has doubts of the reality or legality of Brexit.
Here we are discussing about the consequences, if what was promised by the promoters has been acheived or not.
The discussion now is if there are good consequences, if it has been a good or bad decision.

There is nothing "to gain" just like discussing about Ukraine or Covid, it is just a discussion, we are listening different opinions, we are trying to understand what happened and maybe what will happen.
Fair enough CV - you carry on.
I only chipped in with my £0.02p worth because of the video you posted entitled 'Why Everyone Regrets Brexit'. That title is plainly incorrect - as I and many others don't regret it - that's the only point I wanted to make. That triggered Alan and Jason respectively and, as you know better than most, I'm not one to ignore another esteemed T2W member who makes a point that needs to be addressed!
;)

Titles are often clickbaits but the point is true, I would have titled it "why the majority regrets brexit".
If you don't regret it it is fine but can you show any good consequence?
If you make a decision and nothing good comes from it, it means you were wrong...

For example before Brexit in Italy we had a significant anti EU sentiment, now after seeing what happened to UK nobody is neither speaking about leaving or blaming EU for something.

Titles are often clickbaits but the point is true, I would have titled it "why the majority regrets brexit".
If you don't regret it it is fine but can you show any good consequence?
If you make a decision and nothing good comes from it, it means you were wrong...
As I've already explained - IMO good has come from it - which is why I'd vote the same way again.
For example before Brexit in Italy we had a significant anti EU sentiment, now after seeing what happened to UK nobody is neither speaking about leaving or blaming EU for something.
I can see your nose extending from your face even from here in the U.K., CV!
:ROFLMAO:

Sad to be considerd a liar.
I write what I think it is true.
I cannot read the mind of our politicians but nobody is speaking against EU anymore.
CV,
Lighten up - It was meant as a joke (hence the emoji) - no need to take offence!

The point being that there will still be many Italians who favour leaving the EU, it's just that membership is not front page news anymore, as the media has been consumed with the pandemic and, latterly, the U.S. proxy war against Russia. If nuclear war is avoided and a negotiated peace settlement is reached, and there's a void before the next pandemic, then focus may return to the shortcomings of the EU. That's when the many prospective Italian leave voters will emerge from the woodwork to make their voices heard.
Tim.

many Italians who favour leaving the EU
We are 60 millions so even 10% is 6 millions, a lot of people...
I agree people is constatly looking to something to blame and complain,
When ther will be no more pandemic or war they will start complaining about EU.
Ther was this recent story of corruption for example.
If you want to find bad stuff in EU you will find it but as we learned from UK and Brexit being EU is much better than not being EU.

. . . If you want to find bad stuff in EU you will find it but as we learned from UK and Brexit being EU is much better than not being EU.
That's just your assessment, CV.
To assume that everyone else (in Italy and elsewhere) will think the same as you and arrive at the same conclusions as you is, to say the least, unwise!
;)

No Sh!t Sherlock - comes to mind.

There is a real danger we will follow the yanks as Thatcher did with the big bang for British financial institutions and went down the self regulation path much like in the US of A and here are. So much leveraged derivatives of all kinds of packaged up trash difficult to calculate any risk exposure or assets real or fictitious. Marvellous wealth generation out of thin air coupled with the accumulation and re-allocation of wealth into the hands of the few useless and least productive spongers of society.

All arguments against Brexit have been economic which is only one factor amongst many for leaving and it will be at least another 10 years before we know if the decision was better or worse economically. Most of those I know who voted to leave the EU did so knowing it would have a negative economic impact that could last a decade or more. I don't know anyone who would change their mind if the vote came around again and their main reason for wanting to leave was being unable to get rid of unelected bureaucrats making decisions with accountability to no one. Even Tony Benn who arguably was the most left wing politician of his era warned against being governed by that kind of setup and he was right.