Brexit and the Consequences

Atilla

Legendary member
18,844 2,633
Hey Att, where is all this growth in the EU that you promised us? I can't find it probably cos it doesn't exist and never did exist. Money printing to stimulate the economy is not growth. It is simply misappropriation of capital, which the taxpayer will have to pick up the bill.

https://www.westmonster.com/germany-narrowly-avoids-recession-zero-growth/
Matey the whole globe is on knife edge with an impending post 10 year rise pull back. US only growing because of 1.2 trillion tax break.

You really need to stop frothing when ever there is any negative news on EU as that has nought benefit to UK.

Signalcalc

3,164 673
Matey the whole globe is on knife edge with an impending post 10 year rise pull back. US only growing because of 1.2 trillion tax break.

You really need to stop frothing when ever there is any negative news on EU as that has nought benefit to UK.
Let's have some positive news about the EU then, news that does benefit the UK ?

barjon

Legendary member
10,239 1,543
Well done, you spotted your deliberate mistake :ROFLMAO:

Appearing to implying something and stating something definitively are different, but hey, in the context of this thread I'll let you have some comfort that yes I was intending to imply what I implied but at least I have some reasoning for it:

When Airbus ARE in the thick of project fear AND are trying to offload excuses onto Brexit (like many other global corporations), I wonder who is really corkscrewing the facts? I have no doubt that they have known that their A380 orders were to be cancelled for weeks, if not months, it didn't just suddenly appear yesterday, that's not how business operates at this level, there would have been ongoing negotiations to try and save sales, alot of headless chickens amongst the directors. By carefully crafting a series of anti-Brexit releases leading up to this particular item of bad news is just tooooooo coincidental not to imply that they were probably hoping it could be buried under a load of project fear sentiment. The management couldn't find a way to spin the anti-Brexit angle any longer and had to just release the facts, egg on face methinks, fooling no-one methinks, narrative fail methinks.

Unlikely we'll uncover the facts of course, but it's always fun to speculate (y)
Once again I say point me to an Airbus press release where they try to heap the blame for scrapping their A380 on Brexit. Come on now, they are at the heart of project fear so there must be something beyond the wild gyrations of your imagination.

And, btw, surely you are not surprised that an essentially joint European venture should be unhappy about one of its key constituents leaving the fold with the associated problems that creates for them. Be interesting to see if BAE can continue their participation in the long term.

Reactions: Atilla

Atilla

Legendary member
18,844 2,633
Let's have some positive news about the EU then, news that does benefit the UK ?

Guidance
Commercial road haulage in the EU if there’s no Brexit deal
Published 24 September 2018

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/commercial-road-haulage-in-the-eu-if-theres-no-brexit-deal/commercial-road-haulage-in-the-eu-if-theres-no-brexit-deal

Means more business to EU haulage companies and less for British ones.

EU will gain filling in void UK leaves behind. Think about it.

You can add this to Finance, Pharmacuticals, Agriculture and Motor Industries as another one of those industries not highlighted by any business impact assessments.

Why use British Hauliers when one can use EU ones?

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,543 2,418

Dude, you categorically told us that growth in the EU would outperform the UK. It seems that this is not the case. So now you are blaming the EU's woes on the global slow down. So considering that the UK is outperforming the EU, do you not consider that the structures of the EU might be crap?

Signalcalc

3,164 673
Once again I say point me to an Airbus press release where they try to heap the blame for scrapping their A380 on Brexit. Come on now, they are at the heart of project fear so there must be something beyond the wild gyrations of your imagination.

And, btw, surely you are not surprised that an essentially joint European venture should be unhappy about one of its key constituents leaving the fold with the associated problems that creates for them. Be interesting to see if BAE can continue their participation in the long term.
Did you actually read my response containing my rationale?

Last edited:

Atilla

Legendary member
18,844 2,633
UK isn't out just yet. Be patient. UK was leading EU out of the downturn. Brexit has stalled UK investment and growth. EU did overtake UK. Leapfrogging quite usual along with all boats rise and sink with the tide phenomenon.

Numbers are a bit hocus pocus and not all the same. So many peeps in UK on zero contract hours and don't show on employment stats.

UK also has had sterling devalued by 10-20%

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/manufacturing-pmi

UK still heading lower. The cost of missed opportunities arising from Brexit fiasco will be very difficult to quantify. It'll come out in the wash in a few years. We'll have to wait and see.

Napkin's not enough, you need a towel for your mouth that's for sure. (y)

barjon

Legendary member
10,239 1,543
Di you actually read my response containing my rationale?
Yes, I did. Quite imaginative it was. Unfortunately, nowhere in their anti Brexit stance - every view against Brexit you seem to classify as project fear regardless - have they sought to blame it (Brexit) for the scrapping of the A380.

Signalcalc

3,164 673
Guidance
Commercial road haulage in the EU if there’s no Brexit deal
Published 24 September 2018

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/commercial-road-haulage-in-the-eu-if-theres-no-brexit-deal/commercial-road-haulage-in-the-eu-if-theres-no-brexit-deal

Means more business to EU haulage companies and less for British ones.

EU will gain filling in void UK leaves behind. Think about it.

You can add this to Finance, Pharmacuticals, Agriculture and Motor Industries as another one of those industries not highlighted by any business impact assessments.

Why use British Hauliers when one can use EU ones?
Where the upbeat story about the EU that is good for the UK?

For starters, the link you've used was withdrawn a month ago, secondly the guidance is for the documentation that may be required post-Brexit.

How you extrapolate that EU hauliers will gain extra business from this is beyond me as the EU hauliers will also have to meet the changed documentary requirements o_O

Signalcalc

3,164 673
Yes, I did. Quite imaginative it was. Unfortunately, nowhere in their anti Brexit stance -
Good (y) At least I have a speculative imagination, that can provide entertaining new theories, we need more of those rather than a slavish following of the MSM [mostly] fake news.

every view against Brexit you seem to classify as project fear regardless - have they sought to blame it (Brexit) for the scrapping of the A380.
Every view? Probably not, but project fear is just an extension of the campaign to remain and therefore has no basis in truth, only speculation, I could be right I could be wrong, do you have some special powers with which you are able to provide the truth? If so, then I am open to alternative theories and discussion, if the truth turns up and is different then I will stand corrected.

Keep digging at something I implied for it may be the truth, it may not be, who knows? You're not going to get me to answer that question though :ROFLMAO:

Signalcalc

3,164 673
UK isn't out just yet. Be patient. UK was leading EU out of the downturn. Brexit has stalled UK investment and growth. EU did overtake UK. Leapfrogging quite usual along with all boats rise and sink with the tide phenomenon.

Numbers are a bit hocus pocus and not all the same. So many peeps in UK on zero contract hours and don't show on employment stats.

UK also has had sterling devalued by 10-20%

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/manufacturing-pmi

UK still heading lower. The cost of missed opportunities arising from Brexit fiasco will be very difficult to quantify. It'll come out in the wash in a few years. We'll have to wait and see.

Napkin's not enough, you need a towel for your mouth that's for sure. (y)

Explain how you are attributing your assertions to Brexit, I'm not seeing the evidence presented?

barjon

Legendary member
10,239 1,543
Good (y) At least I have a speculative imagination, that can provide entertaining new theories, we need more of those rather than a slavish following of the MSM [mostly] fake news.

Every view? Probably not, but project fear is just an extension of the campaign to remain and therefore has no basis in truth, only speculation, I could be right I could be wrong, do you have some special powers with which you are able to provide the truth? If so, then I am open to alternative theories and discussion, if the truth turns up and is different then I will stand corrected.

Keep digging at something I implied for it may be the truth, it may not be, who knows? You're not going to get me to answer that question though :ROFLMAO:
Ah, for those who worship at the Brexit altar there is no other truth but theirs. Reminds me of that old story about the newcomer to heaven who asks St Peter why some people just totally ignore him when most are so friendly and welcoming. “Oh don’t worry about them” says St Peter “they’re the catholics and they think they’re the only ones here”. Non - pc nowadays I suppose :D

Reactions: cantagril

Signalcalc

3,164 673
Ah, for those who worship at the Brexit altar there is no other truth but theirs. Reminds me of that old story about the newcomer to heaven who asks St Peter why some people just totally ignore him when most are so friendly and welcoming. “Oh don’t worry about them” says St Peter “they’re the catholics and they think they’re the only ones here”. Non - pc nowadays I suppose :D
Touché (y)

Signalcalc

3,164 673
I think the time has arrived to acknowledge that we do have an alternative choice at the next elections:

The Brexit Party - one trick pony, might be needed though, wasted if we do exit in a few weeks, could be enduring post-Brexit if they have other worthy policies
UKIP - middle of the road, experience in EU parliament, plenty of MEPs, potential government forming
The For Britain Movement - difficult one, riding on plenty of common sense, appeals, but will need a monumental effort to get near UKIP, potential for many splits and fall outs, in fact all three have that potential, just as liblabcon do :D

Certainly no need to vote for liblabcon anymore, plenty of alternatives around now. The winds of change are a blowing.