Brexit and the Consequences

I think most people already know what a disaster Brexit has been. Better to cut off ones nose to spite ones face rather than acknowledge the disaster that is transpiring.

If it were a success these three trumped up collosal self serving disasters wouldn't be where they are now but sitting pretty in their same places reminding us all how right they were.

tory_frontbench_vxyd7m.jpg

Let's not forget this motor mouth either.
1680450000101.png

Where are they now and what are they doing exactly?

I think most people already know what a disaster Brexit has been. Better to cut off ones nose to spite ones face rather than acknowledge the disaster that is transpiring.

If it were a success these three trumped up collosal self serving disasters wouldn't be where they are now but sitting pretty in their same places reminding us all how right they were.

tory_frontbench_vxyd7m.jpg

Let's not forget this motor mouth either.
View attachment 327176

Where are they now and what are they doing exactly?
We should all be worried sick if they end up doing a Nick Clegg. (he quit on day one, spat the dummy out, ran off to that leftie outfit called facebook) unprincipled to55er.

We should all be worried sick if they end up doing a Nick Clegg. (he quit on day one, spat the dummy out, ran off to that leftie outfit called facebook) unprincipled to55er.

Because he is a principled man not because he has no principles.

David Cameron resigned because he lost the Brexit vote and handed power to those who wanted it and thus should deal with it.

You ideas of what principled means are pretty screwed up. No matter how much one mess's up, just carry on is what you are saying.

I'd say the same about Motor mouth Farage. Legs it having achieved his objective to disappear out of sight.

There is something awfully nasty about the whole shenanigans.

You reply with a brown message but fail to account for the whereabouts of our Brexit leaders and why they are quiet as a mouse over such a supposedly huge successful delivery?

Are we going to get a decent reply or another brown message?

Last edited:
. . . I'd say the same about Motor mouth Farage. Legs it having achieved his objective to disappear out of sight. . .
To be fair At', whilst I understand why you (and many others, lol!) can't stand Farage - he's very much in plain sight and hasn't ever really gone away. He's been at the forefront of the illegal immigrant crisis for some years which he's highlighted on his YouTube channel which has north or 300k subscribers and he's a regular presenter on GBNews.
Just sayin' - not looking for an argument about whether he's right or wrong, good or bad etc!
;)

To be fair At', whilst I understand why you (and many others, lol!) can't stand Farage - he's very much in plain sight and hasn't ever really gone away. He's been at the forefront of the illegal immigrant crisis for some years which he's highlighted on his YouTube channel which has north or 300k subscribers and he's a regular presenter on GBNews.
Just sayin' - not looking for an argument about whether he's right or wrong, good or bad etc!
;)
From leading a party to being on radio or small interest TV talk host. That's like playing at Premier League to dropping down to 5th Division. There is no comparison.

Right or wrong is precisely the point.

Real value for the UK in joining CPTPP is strategic

Apparently, this is worth something like 2bn over a 10 year period. i.e. £200m p/a.

Moreover, are you guys aware it entails migration of labour but not much is said about this. Just that foreign labour can apply for work visas and when granted simply come over. i.e. they will need to secure a position prior to migrating over here. Less said the better. Not much different to what we had with the EU.

Both winners and losers for the UK economy​

Despite significant strategic benefits of joining, the UK accession to CPTPP will not lead to universal cheers domestically. According to the UK government’s analysis from 2021, the largest potential gains are for the beverages, tobacco, and motor vehicles sectors, but the semi-processed food sector would likely be hit hard.

And although the UK government vowed that joining CPTPP will not lead to lower animal welfare and food safety standards, or affect environmental protections and workers’ rights, civil society groups are concerned.

There is also a risk of regulatory divergence between the UK and EU in areas such as food and environmental standards
, which could complicate any future efforts by the UK to re-join either the EU or a customs union.

FWIW - to remind you all again, the food safety standards were largely introduced by UK's NFU into the EU to allow British farmers to compete on same level because EU standards back then were lower. It's like what on earth is the UK government doing but reducing food and hygiene standards.

Take back control my arse. This is give control (accept foreign) standards on to other countries in the CPTPP.

Do you not see this?

The easiest oven ready foreign trade deal with the US after umpteen years has turned into a special relationship blablabla partnership.

Here we goooo.... Yet another freaky lie. Or but we agree on Ukraine. How bloody marvelous?

Can't make this up. https://www.itv.com/news/2023-06-08...pt-failure-on-us-trade-deal-is-broken-promise

And you know the reason for the failure???
Rishi Sunak blames pandemic and Ukraine war for not striking US trade deal
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/rishi-sunak-us-trade-deal-covid-ukraine/
It's coz they were too bizi frauding the British tax payer over Covid and selling old weapons to Ukraine which obviously made some people more money.

These are the tossers who'll make us Great again!!! If you believe all this Brexit shit you'll believe anything...

The easiest oven ready foreign trade deal with the US after umpteen years has turned into a special relationship blablabla partnership.

Here we goooo.... Yet another freaky lie. Or but we agree on Ukraine. How bloody marvelous?

Can't make this up. https://www.itv.com/news/2023-06-08...pt-failure-on-us-trade-deal-is-broken-promise

And you know the reason for the failure???
Rishi Sunak blames pandemic and Ukraine war for not striking US trade deal
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/rishi-sunak-us-trade-deal-covid-ukraine/
It's coz they were too bizi frauding the British tax payer over Covid and selling old weapons to Ukraine which obviously made some people more money.

These are the tossers who'll make us Great again!!! If you believe all this Brexit shit you'll believe anything...

Biggest red herring ever.

We never needed a trade deal with the US.

Biggest trading partner historically by far, and nothing will change going forwards.

Biggest red herring ever.

We never needed a trade deal with the US.

Biggest trading partner historically by far, and nothing will change going forwards.

No not at all.

US of A knows the bigger trade deal lies with the EU and not the UK.

Entering a much wider encapsulating trade deal with the UK will limit and constrain any future deals with the EU.

Let's take a trip down memory lane...

“Get Brexit done,” Boris Johnson famously said in his party political spoof of Love Actually just before the last General Election. Well, Brexit got done and – with International Trade Secretary (now Foreign Secretary) Liz Truss leading the way – the UK embarked on a series of deals with other countries, most notably applying to join the CPTPP, the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership.

The CPTPP is arguably the world’s largest trading bloc, comprising 11 countries including Japan, Mexico, Australia and Singapore, with China also apparently looking at joining.

One country that is not a member of the CPTPP is the US, with Donald Trump having withdrawn from the agreement early in his presidency.

Neither, so far, does the US have a trade agreement with the UK, with the Guardian reporting in September that hopes of an early deal had all but vanished following Boris Johnson’s meeting with US President Joe Biden.

Very clearly Boris Johnson saw a US/UK trade deal as one of the key benefits of Brexit, and it is fair to assume that one would have been done – or close to being done by now – had Donald Trump still been in the White House.

The priorities of the new Democratic administration are very different, however. Previous Democrat President Barack Obama said that if the UK left the EU, it would be “at the back of the queue” for a trade deal, and the Biden camp seems to be taking a similar line.

Biden himself has made no secret of his love for Ireland. Ten of his 16 great-great-grandparents came from Ireland. Adapting a quote from James Joyce, Biden has said: “[When I die] north-east Pennsylvania will be written on my heart. But Ireland will be written on my soul.” Biden may look to tie any agreement on trade to deals over the Irish border – which will be strongly resisted by the UK.

At the time of writing, it therefore appears more likely that the UK may look to join the broader US-Mexico-Canada (USMCA) free trade agreement. This replaced NAFTA, the old North American Free Trade Agreement, updating areas such as intellectual property and digital trade.

This may not be quite the headline-grabbing, photo-opportunity trade agreement that a US/UK deal would have been, but it would still represent access to a significant trading bloc with a combined population of around 470m.

This line is really good.... :)
On the other hand, if Boris Johnson is still Prime Minister, he may only have to wait until 2024 to resurrect the prospect of a deal with the US. Who is the bookies’ clear favourite to be the Republican nominee in 2024? That would be one Donald J Trump…

What a shame, we lost tosser - Boris the only man who could deliver Brexit as the nation wanted him to. Or some freaky version of whatever he meant by get Brexit done.

So much titillation going on TV about migrants risking life to get here in the UK whilst the UK gov knows full well it needs migrant labour to fulfill skill shortages and suppress wage spiral inflation. AND ofcourse maintain population balance to meet pension liabilities.

Otherwise, the pension burden with the elderly living longer will fall on a smaller younger pool of tax paying population. 2+2 = 4. Simple maths right!

Moreover, this was always the fear with the UK, a wage spiral inflation erodes exports and the currency. It is an endemic UK disease. Always has been since the decline of the Empire starting around late 1800s leading to perpetual loss of international competitiveness and markets. Now that we are out of the EU, situation is considerably worse.

What I would like to know is when are the Brexiteers going to start getting their act together to train and raise wages for the British workers?

All we hear about are Phillip fecking Schofield and Boris lying two faced Johnson on TV. Gotta laff...

One of my friends said Brexiteers can't do the work they want to do because of ladi dadi laaaaa.... Laugh me head off....

Nothing makes sense these days. Can you imagine the country needing Boris to come back and fix it all. The fooker who brought us here in the first place.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Which banking group is he talking about?

Well he didn't say, but t'interwebs are awash with people saying it's Coutts, which is part of Nat West.

I can't verify if this is the case. However, there seem to be large numbers of people being told that they are having their accounts closed generally. Seems to be a growing trend.

Well he didn't say, but t'interwebs are awash with people saying it's Coutts, which is part of Nat West.

I can't verify if this is the case. However, there seem to be large numbers of people being told that they are having their accounts closed generally. Seems to be a growing trend.
Yeah, seconded. I have to agree with c_v on this issue.
Leaving aside our differences vis a vis the U.S. Vs Russia war, along with our views (i.e. Atilla and me) vis a vis Brexit, this cancellation of Nigel Farage ought to concern each and every one of us as it could be us next. That is to say that anyone who questions the mainstream narrative on any of the prevailing narratives of the day - be it Brexit, covid, climate change or the the proxy war with Russia - stands to be ostracised, ridiculed and canceled. And that's not good, not good at all.
Tim.

Can I open an account with Coutts if I wanted to?

Can any one of you open an account with Coutts if you wanted to?

What kind of a bank is Coutts and who are their clients?

You guys should ask some questions about Farage, his financial interests and how much of a normal citizen he is imho.

Anyhow Coutts has some strict conditions re: their clients besides how much money you need prior to opening an account.

Motormouth Farage is giving the impression this is just a regular high street bank... Clearly not.

We are led to believe it is Brexit related but I'd say it was more a case of pissing off some bigger higher private beings, conflict of interest and all that.

Typical Farage sh!t show for the numpties. You Brexiteers can lap it up. Enjoy...

imo it is a private matter relating to a private and very exclusive bank. Instead of mouthing off he should take legal action.

Maybe he should take it to the ECHR stating his human right is being trashed. LOL