Brexit and the Consequences

timsk

Legendary member
6,953 1,816
Yes, I’d forgotten that in my rush to judgemen so I hang my head :sick:. (Bet Brexit still played a minor part, though :))
Of course it did, Jon!
I've just had a new radiator put in and the damn thing's on its third leak. Now, you might think that if I was looking for someone - or something - to blame, my first port of call would be my plumber. And you'd be right. When I asked him for his comments about it he just said, "Don't look at me guv', it ain't my fault, it's Brexit init!"
:)

The thing that annoys me more than Brexit being blamed for any and every bit of bad news is when journalists / reporters / commentators announce some good news and prefix it with 'in spite of Brexit' (unemployment fell, GDP rose by xyz% etc.) That really gets my goat! It's extraordinary to think there are some folk out there who actually believe the MSM are biased in favour of Brexit!
Tim.

barjon

Legendary member
10,239 1,542
Of course it did, Jon!
I've just had a new radiator put in and the damn thing's on its third leak. Now, you might think that if I was looking for someone - or something - to blame, my first port of call would be my plumber. And you'd be right. When I asked him for his comments about it he just said, "Don't look at me guv', it ain't my fault, it's Brexit init!"
:)

The thing that annoys me more than Brexit being blamed for any and every bit of bad news is when journalists / reporters / commentators announce some good news and prefix it with 'in spite of Brexit' (unemployment fell, GDP rose by xyz% etc.) That really gets my goat! It's extraordinary to think there are some folk out there who actually believe the MSM are biased in favour of Brexit!
Tim.
Well, that’s ok. You’ll be lucky to find a plumber after Brexit when all the Polish ones have gone back home :D

Reactions: timsk

Atilla

Legendary member
18,838 2,631
:LOL: Oh you've changed your tune. Have you accepted yet that we will be leaving with No Deal?
Sorry that's my bad grammar. Missing comma. I meant Same As what ever Japan has agreed if SC feels that's a good deal. So he is stating we leave EU and go with what ever deal others are signing up to with EU.

My personal position is we are better-in. Referendum was a cry for help to stop immigration outside of non-EU countries and invest in other UK regions.

Thank you for pointing that out. (y)

Signalcalc

3,148 668
Ok so you are basically up for a Canada or Japan trade agreement? Same as I assume.
You know what they say, assumption is the mother of all ***** :D

I think it's great that the EU is able to negotiate good trade deals with non-EU members, I didn't say if Canada or Japan are good deals or bad deals, I've not even looked into the detail.

But if the EU makes it easy for Japan, then how hard can it be for the UK once we have left? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Signalcalc

3,148 668
Referendum was a cry for help to stop immigration outside of non-EU countries and invest in other UK regions.
I reckon most people that voted out, if they didn't already know it, have realised that once we have taken back control of our border policies from the EU, that there is further work to do to enact regime change (or policy change, although that is highly unlikely) in the UK, so that we can secure our borders from non-EU uncontrolled immigration. The Tory's and Labour have had their day with creating worse border policies than ever, time to get rid.

Signalcalc

3,148 668
Well Sir John. Try delivering that speech on home turf instead of running off to Scotland.

This is the chap who gave more away to the EU than any other before or since. No wonder he finds himself having to defend EU membership. His whole political legacy is at stake. :LOL:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47296593
Scottish Nationalists wishing to be ruled by the EU does not compute, they need to drop the 'N' out of the title to have any credence.

Signalcalc

3,148 668
These three won't be missed at all. They were almost certain to face deselection anyhow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47306022
What are they going to achieve in their new grouping? Who or what do they represent?

Is it remain driven or antisemitism driven, why would Tory remainers join a bunch of Labourites who reject their own party because of bullying, antisemitism and racism?

It’s not clear where this is headed other than a remain agenda. I say good, let them campaign to rejoin the EU once we have left, that is democracy.

Next question, is Tony ‘war criminal’ Blair behind it all?

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,540 2,416
What are they going to achieve in their new grouping? Who or what do they represent?

Is it remain driven or antisemitism driven, why would Tory remainers join a bunch of Labourites who reject their own party because of bullying, antisemitism and racism?

It’s not clear where this is headed other than a remain agenda. I say good, let them campaign to rejoin the EU once we have left, that is democracy.

Next question, is Tony ‘war criminal’ Blair behind it all?
Weird bedfellows. Major and Bliar, leading a disparate group of z list minor misfits.:LOL:

Reactions: Signalcalc

barjon

Legendary member
10,239 1,542
Well Sir John. Try delivering that speech on home turf instead of running off to Scotland.

This is the chap who gave more away to the EU than any other before or since. No wonder he finds himself having to defend EU membership. His whole political legacy is at stake. :LOL:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47296593
Well, at least Brexit zealots is an improvement on the f****** b******* he used to label them when he was PM