Brexit and the Consequences

tomorton

Legendary member
I think that ranking has too much to do with religion.
Conservative is someone who dislikes change/innovation.

The good old times.
Make X great again! ;)
Its maybe so.

I like some change and innovations but it has to be a damn good one before I'd vote for it. For example -
  • Referendums - bad
  • Mayors - bad
  • Fixed Term Parliament Act - bad
  • Reduction of voting age to 16 - bad
  • Scottish and Welsh parliaments - bad
  • In fact, almost any major changes to the UK's constitutional arrangements - bad

• Sending illegal immigrants from Africa back to Africa - good
  • Mandatory voter ID - good
  • Fracking - good
  • More nuclear power stations - good

Windlesham1

Established member
So you have met a lot of people and some of them had racist attitudes. That's really no surprise and i doubt you'd find a country in the world where that wasn't true.

But are the majority of people in every country racist? I doubt that. And I can't think why the British population should be very different from the global average. Nor why the British be uniquely more racist than other populations.

But still, you say the majority of British people are racist. There is no evidence from you to support your point. Can you back it up?
You have provided the evidence as you say other nations are just as racist. I can only base my opinions on the thousands of people I have met who expressed a view. I don't know what the bloke next door thinks, or the bloke in the chippie.However I think Brexit was aimed at people who wanted the borders closed- that may not be racist, but I don't have another word. Isolationist? But then we need to trade with other nations and the EU is only a few miles/kilometres away. Seemed silly at the time and still does. the EU is massively flawed but we cannot change things on our own.

tomorton

Legendary member
You have provided the evidence as you say other nations are just as racist. I can only base my opinions on the thousands of people I have met who expressed a view. I don't know what the bloke next door thinks, or the bloke in the chippie.However I think Brexit was aimed at people who wanted the borders closed- that may not be racist, but I don't have another word. Isolationist? But then we need to trade with other nations and the EU is only a few miles/kilometres away. Seemed silly at the time and still does. the EU is massively flawed but we cannot change things on our own.
We're not quite in the same page. I say there are racists here in the UK and I believe there are racists in every country of the world.

You say that most of the people in the UK are racists. I don't say that most of the people here in the UK are racists and I definitely don't say that most of the people in the world are racists. I say in both cases that most people are not.

But it should be easy for you to demonstrate the truth in what you believe about the UK. If the majority of people here are racists then finding some evidence of that should be simple and easy. So please go ahead and do it.

alan5616

Established member
FWq-uLtXoAMqqRW.png

Inquisitor

View attachment 320449
1659385690700.png

Write out 100 times:

"The practice of practicing devious methods for replacing the characters EU with the characters BREXIT must be discontinued forthwith as it distorts the reality of what that reality actually is"

It also demonstrates that whoever is doing this cannot spell the word "benefit".

Atilla

Legendary member

Sometimes people interpret superiority as racism.

Smug superiority as in the way we do something is better than how others do it. Hence, why we have different beliefs cultures values and the rest.

That is not racism. That can be said of the French English and Germans along with every other nation.

Of course there is then colour and faith; whole range of challenges they raise in human perceptions.

Racism is the active pursuit and discrimination against a group for whatever reason. Pick any one difference.

I would frame it as that the UK is cool Britannia and the least racist of all the other nations I have experienced race related discrimination in.

That's because of Britain's colonial history and indeed superior good management of those colonies.

So to summarise everyone is prejudiced in favour of their own kind in the widest sense but that doesn't mean it is racist persecution. I'd say imo, active racist discrimination is the case in the US wrt the treatment of especially black people.

In general, people just favour sticking around their own kind with shared beliefs n values whilst interfacing with humane protocols of decency n respect with other types.

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks