Brexit and the Consequences

Well you clearly don't know much about it.
There are studies coming out every month which clearly show that it is having a major impact across many sectors.
It's not easy to work around when others are making the determination about IR35 status, inside/outside and so all those who can't find a suitable workaround are chucking in the towel. The knock on effects are acute shortages in the workforce.

But hey, just believe whatever you like. Alan will still be there cheering you on. :ROFLMAO:
Well Mr smarty pants its been kicking around since 2000.

Crazy isn't it the HGV drivers just caught on.

You carry on looking for some scape goat true to Tory form.

It was EU stopping us from making deals with the rest of the world and it was them coming over here and taking our jobs.

It was because of EU barriers, prices were so high.

Belly full of lies.

And now... its because of IR35...

Well Mr smarty pants its been kicking around since 2000.

Crazy isn't it the HGV drivers just caught on.

You carry on looking for some scape goat true to Tory form.

It was EU stopping us from making deals with the rest of the world and it was them coming over here and taking our jobs.

It was because of EU barriers, prices were so high.

Belly full of lies.

And now... its because of IR35...
It doesn't matter how long it's been kicking around. Crunch time for contractors was the start of the new tax year April 2021 following the 12 month government delay due to Covid. The contractors used to determine their own tax status prior to this date, which has now shifted to others making that determination. As we know, there is a deliberately complicated procedure to go through when making a determination about a contractors status and the knock on effect is that many hundreds of thousands of individuals have been terminated because it's too much hassle to properly evaluate and determine a contractors status. A lot of companies have made blanket policies to dispense with the services of contractors altogether, because it's just too much hassle. Yet another example where companies/contractors/accountants etc are charged with the job of unpaid tax collectors, ie, doing the govt's work .
The whole fiasco starts and ends with HMRC and GOVT. They reap what they sow.

PS notsosmartiepants.

This article from the same link you posted from Contractor Weekly.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how long it's been kicking around. Crunch time for contractors was the start of the new tax year April 2021 following the 12 month government delay due to Covid. The contractors used to determine their own tax status prior to this date, which has now shifted to others making that determination. As we know, there is a deliberately complicated procedure to go through when making a determination about a contractors status and the knock on effect is that many hundreds of thousands of individuals have been terminated because it's too much hassle to properly evaluate and determine a contractors status. A lot of companies have made blanket policies to dispense with the services of contractors altogether, because it's just too much hassle. Yet another example where companies/contractors/accountants etc are charged with the job of unpaid tax collectors, ie, doing the govt's work .
The whole fiasco starts and ends with HMRC and GOVT. They reap what they sow.

PS notsosmartiepants.

This article from the same link you posted from Contractor Weekly.

Yes and it does say Covid and Brexit too along with IR35. You obviously have selective blinkered eyes and in denial. IR35 is not the sole and only factor is it?

Well you clearly don't know much about it.
There are studies coming out every month which clearly show that it is having a major impact across many sectors.
It's not easy to work around when others are making the determination about IR35 status, inside/outside and so all those who can't find a suitable workaround are chucking in the towel. The knock on effects are acute shortages in the workforce.

But hey, just believe whatever you like. Alan will still be there cheering you on. :ROFLMAO:
I'll continue to champion rejoining the EU. Is the fact that fruit, and vegetables, are going to rot anything to do with IR35? No; it isn't. It's due to a shortage of EU workers that used to harvest them.

I've just been reading about a failed state where supermarket shelves are empty, food is rotting on farms, care homes, pubs and hotels can't get staff. Furthermore, their hospitals don't have enough vials to do blood tests and they have a distinct shortage of nursing staff. I realised that, unfortunately, this failed state is the current status of the UK

As an ex-HGV1 driver myself I'm sure that the rubbish wages for long, unpredictable and unsociable hours on poor roads have nothing to do with it, Nor the astonishing lack of respect by management and warehouse staff, or the filthy showers and toilets if available, many destinations will not allow drivers to use their facilities at all. Basic trucks without air-con and and constant surveillance. It was the E european drivers who would put up with it, prior to brexit.

As an ex-HGV1 driver myself I'm sure that the rubbish wages for long, unpredictable and unsociable hours on poor roads have nothing to do with it, Nor the astonishing lack of respect by management and warehouse staff, or the filthy showers and toilets if available, many destinations will not allow drivers to use their facilities at all. Basic trucks without air-con and and constant surveillance. It was the E european drivers who would put up with it, prior to brexit.

Wow when you put it like that and thinking about it, that does sound very much like harsh tough work.

Sometimes, I think harder the work less well paid it is. Crazy world we live in.

Let's have a trip down memory lane.

Just remember... what these people promised you and all the fab debates.
1630399744438.png

I read that Wetherspoons have run out of beer in some of their pubs. Brexit jihadist, Tim Martin (the owner) has admitted that Brexit has been a contributory factor. The sunlit uplands, of no longer being in the EU, have turned into a monsoon of short supplies.

We are told Boris was warned about HGV driver shortages in June?

Really?

I think he and the whole government were warned along with all the Brexiteers years ago. If I recall, some people like Postman simply accepted that the markets and the UK economy would adjust in due course. Batted away the challenges saying the markets and the invisible selfish hand would sort it all out. Indeed I believe the invisible hand, one way or another would sort it all out.

Here we have the adjustment process... Shortages of skilled labour in many areas of UK industry.

Raise wages, train people and fill places. Simple sequence of steps. No idea why politicians haven't started already. Instead of being pre-emptive ahead of the curve they are simply re-active well behind.

Inflation coming your way soon with subsequent rise in interest rates and higher mortgages payments monthly too.

CV said the UK Parliament and the MPs will have to rise to the challenge and do their job. And here are in the mess we find ourselves. in.

Carry on - Brexiteers...

Carry on - Brexiteers...
At',
If driver shortages are all down to Brexit - how do you explain the fact that most of Europe are experiencing them too? Oh wait - let me guess. Is it all due to Brexit in the U.K. but due to something completely different and unrelated in mainland Europe!
:D

At',
If driver shortages are all down to Brexit - how do you explain the fact that most of Europe are experiencing them too? Oh wait - let me guess. Is it all due to Brexit in the U.K. but due to something completely different and unrelated in mainland Europe!
:D

You are clearly in denial matey along with CV.

Yes Brexit has compounded HGV driver shortages along with Covid and yes Europe does have some friction filling positions but it pales in stark comparison to UK experience. They are doing something about it unlike our leaders. EU is also much bigger compared to our sovereign UK.

UK has had 5 years since the Brexit vote and we find our selves with these highly self entitled elitist etonites leading government.

Problems is if you are unaware of the issues raised by Brexit and reluctant to think about them in denial of knock on troubles caused then you are just as far away from addressing those issues. Like CV, write a letter to your MP and get them to sort out IR35 see how that fixes your HGV shortages. :)

You are clearly in denial matey along with CV.

Yes Brexit has compounded HGV driver shortages along with Covid and yes Europe does have some friction filling positions but it pales in stark comparison to UK experience. They are doing something about it unlike our leaders. EU is also much bigger compared to our sovereign UK.

UK has had 5 years since the Brexit vote and we find our selves with these highly self entitled elitist etonites leading government.

Problems is if you are unaware of the issues raised by Brexit and reluctant to think about them in denial of knock on troubles caused then you are just as far away from addressing those issues. Like CV, write a letter to your MP and get them to sort out IR35 see how that fixes your HGV shortages. :)
Hi At',
I don't think the accusation of me being denial over Brexit is entirely fair - for two reasons:
1. I always accepted that there would be a price to pay for our exit from the EU - I never viewed it as black and white. I accept fully there are benefits to being in the union that are now lost. That said, on balance, (note emphasis), I think the decision to leave was the right one.
2. I'm willing to change my mind based on the evidence put before me. Remember, I started out as a remainer (prior to the 2016 vote) and then changed my mind based on what I learned. So, if you can put forward compelling evidence that the HGV driver problem is principally about Brexit and nothing else - I'll then happily concede that's the case.

As it is, all this is mute and largely irrelevant. Brexit pros and cons are dwarfed into a tiny micro insignificance when compared to the massive macro issues arising from the pandemic and the bat shit crazy response to it by governments around the world. Clearly, there's a globalist agenda led by the elites who are determined to use the pandemic as a catalyst to realise a new world order. This was once viewed as snowflake conspiracy theory nonsense when David Knight said as much a year or so ago. Indeed, I was one of those who dismissed such views. Not any more. So, when we look across society as a whole and see all the extraordinary things that are happening - extraordinary bad things that would have been dismissed as impossible just a few short months ago, then I think Brexit's role in all of this is minimal to non existent.

Anyway, to come full circle and back to our exiting the EU - Brexit appears to me to be largely in name only. We either don't want to - or don't have the ability - to 'take back control' and make decisions for ourselves based on the national interest. There's no better example of this than the government's application to link the U.K. to the E.U.’s Covid vaccine passport scheme:

U.K. Set to Join E.U.’s Covid Vaccine Passport Scheme – Would Make Launching Domestic Passport Scheme Quicker

Absolutely disgraceful and an example of why I voted to leave, i.e. so that we don't automatically have to be part of such a scheme and this dystopian globalist agenda.
Tim.

:ROFLMAO:
1632742281479.png

Read the responses to IDS...

Beware, there is footage of IDS eating a packed lunch at bottom of link. :sick:

Hi At',
I don't think the accusation of me being denial over Brexit is entirely fair - for two reasons:
1. I always accepted that there would be a price to pay for our exit from the EU - I never viewed it as black and white. I accept fully there are benefits to being in the union that are now lost. That said, on balance, (note emphasis), I think the decision to leave was the right one.
2. I'm willing to change my mind based on the evidence put before me. Remember, I started out as a remainer (prior to the 2016 vote) and then changed my mind based on what I learned. So, if you can put forward compelling evidence that the HGV driver problem is principally about Brexit and nothing else - I'll then happily concede that's the case.

As it is, all this is mute and largely irrelevant. Brexit pros and cons are dwarfed into a tiny micro insignificance when compared to the massive macro issues arising from the pandemic and the bat shit crazy response to it by governments around the world. Clearly, there's a globalist agenda led by the elites who are determined to use the pandemic as a catalyst to realise a new world order. This was once viewed as snowflake conspiracy theory nonsense when David Knight said as much a year or so ago. Indeed, I was one of those who dismissed such views. Not any more. So, when we look across society as a whole and see all the extraordinary things that are happening - extraordinary bad things that would have been dismissed as impossible just a few short months ago, then I think Brexit's role in all of this is minimal to non existent.

Anyway, to come full circle and back to our exiting the EU - Brexit appears to me to be largely in name only. We either don't want to - or don't have the ability - to 'take back control' and make decisions for ourselves based on the national interest. There's no better example of this than the government's application to link the U.K. to the E.U.’s Covid vaccine passport scheme:

U.K. Set to Join E.U.’s Covid Vaccine Passport Scheme – Would Make Launching Domestic Passport Scheme Quicker

Absolutely disgraceful and an example of why I voted to leave, i.e. so that we don't automatically have to be part of such a scheme and this dystopian globalist agenda.
Tim.

Hi Tim,

I concur with your and CV's point of view that some good can come out of this but at what price. The argument is whether we are better in or out. As it goes we are seeing the costs of Brexit.

No one has explained to me why Government had to raise NI to pay for NHS? What happened to the promise on the red bus where the NHS would get 350m p/w as the Brexit dividend.

Moreover, all the way back in 2016 we were talking about farmers having trouble recruiting fruit pickers and the lot. Same goes for immigration policy. As one man states, if this isn't a Brexit issue at all, why is the government introducing visas for HGV truck drivers.

Will the same follow for other industries like nursing, welders and care staff?

Why was nursing bursaries scrapped when we clearly need to train more nurses. Other peeps here said so too. If your average punter can see these issues why can't our highly paid servants? Especially the ones who championed fantastic benefits of Brexit.

How many times do I remember people telling me Brexit deals and the rest would be the easiest ever!

5 years to line up their ducks and we get not much. Don't hear much about Farage, Moggy, Govey or Boris do we. Golden boys gone all quiet. You'd think they'd be gloating all over TV and the press? I wonder if Brexit might be a vote winner or loser at the next elections for Boris?

Last edited:
Hi Tim,

I concur with your and CV's point of view that some good can come out of this but at what price. The argument is whether we are better in or out. As it goes we are seeing the costs of Brexit.

No one has explained to me why Government had to raise NI to pay for NHS? What happened to the promise on the red bus where the NHS would get 350m p/w as the Brexit dividend.

Moreover, all the way back in 2016 we were talking about farmers having trouble recruiting fruit pickers and the lot. Same goes for immigration policy. As one man states, if this isn't a Brexit issue at all, why is the government introducing visas for HGV truck drivers.

Will the same follow for other industries like nursing, welders and care staff?

Why was nursing bursaries scrapped when we clearly need to train more nurses. Other peeps here said so too. If your average punter can see these issues why can't our highly paid servants? Especially the ones who championed fantastic benefits of Brexit.

How many times do I remember people telling me Brexit deals and the rest would be the easiest ever!

5 years to line up their ducks and we get not much. Don't hear much about Farage, Moggy, Govey or Boris do we. Golden boys gone all quiet. You'd think they'd be gloating all over TV and the press? I wonder if Brexit might be a vote winner or loser at the next elections for Boris?

Spent yrs didn't we arguing back and forth about Brexit and Europe.

The point is, we are where we are and i'm pretty damm sure we are not going back. Nobody is making the case for rejoining and i'm not about to spend the next 40 yrs arguing about taking a backward step.
There's bugger all to debate.....we left, now lets crack on !

I'll put money on this. There is a far bigger risk that the EU will fall apart as opposed to the UK rejoining. :ROFLMAO:

PS, where's Cleggy? Still raking in the millions from Farcebook !

This is what remoaners are reduced to. Being outraged on Twitter, whilst everyone else is getting on with the new reality.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dumbing it down for the pro-Brexit community init.

Yeah but no but yeah but we now have non-eu salt n pepper. Yeahhhh 👏 👏