Brexit and the Consequences

in nightclub terms we are now staggering around the dance floor making a fool and nuisance of ourselves.....our mildly amusing and fun period flirting with other nightclubbers is now long over ...

the EU bouncers are then ready and looming beside us ?.....

As usual, you have it bang on.

A few things spring to mind.

1 The Brexit voters/general public need an easily accessible, navigable, configurable data base that shows how MP's are voting. This would help them to make informed voting decisions and would also help the local offices in their re-selection / deselection processes.

2 The use of petitions to get the message across to politicians via their committee rooms in the HOC.

Alas, the horse has f**ed off down the road on this one but I do acknowledge that it does make sense that if we're to be including referendum-stylie direct democracy in the UK's political future then we need some appropriate mechanisms to avoid repeating the utter balls-up of this time around.

in nightclub terms we are now staggering around the dance floor making a fool and nuisance of ourselves.....our mildly amusing and fun period flirting with other nightclubbers is now long over ...

the EU bouncers are then ready and looming beside us ?.....

I think we're already at the throwing up in the street outside stage:p Just wait for the following morning when we find out who we're waking up alongside and how many hits our viral video has got.....

You lot sound like traders who blame their brokers for their own failings. Maybe you should stop looking for a remainer conspiracy around every corner and start considering whether your “easy way forward” ideas have turned out not to be so easy or viable as you thought.
Hi Jon,
I don't think this is a fair comment. Imagine if the tables were turned and the 2016 referendum had been held to decide whether or not we join the EU - and you won. Subsequently, almost daily you're told that by hook or by crook we'd definitely be members of it by 29th March 2019. And then today arrives and you're told 'sorry, it ain't gonna happen'. How would you feel? I have remainer friends who are as passionate as you and Atilla in their views who understand this simple point and why leavers are so pi$$ed off. The bottom line is that somebody - or something - must be accountable for the total breach of trust - so pointing the finger at the PM, parliament, the civil service and MSM strikes me as being both logical and reasonable. Saying that it's more complicated than anyone could have expected is just a cop out and I put it to you that it's not an explanation that you would have accepted if the tables were turned in the way that I've outlined. Not least because leaving the EU isn't complicated at all - we could just leave on a no-deal basis: the slate would be clean and we could then get belly to belly with the EU on level terms.
Tim.

PS: I see Dominic Raab has caved in, along with some other Brexiteers. My prediction is that this time tomorrow we'll be out of our respective trenches and having a T2W virtual group hug to commiserate with one another over the whole fiasco.

. . . PS: I see Dominic Raab has caved in, along with some other Brexiteers. My prediction is that this time tomorrow we'll be out of our respective trenches and having a T2W virtual group hug to commiserate with one another over the whole fiasco.
Phew. No need for a group hug at all - may full scale hostilities resume!
:love: :p ;)

I nearly caved too Tim, I thought it might be better getting out first with May’s deal then once we’re out walk away from it in some spectacular legal fashion, Im sure that’s what Boris and JRM were planning, Anyway,I’m glad others stood strong and saw it for what it is..Did anyone happen to hear Mervin King on R4 this morning? ( former head of BoE). Great interview.

I nearly caved too Tim, I thought it might be better getting out first with May’s deal then once we’re out walk away from it in some spectacular legal fashion, Im sure that’s what Boris and JRM were planning, Anyway,I’m glad others stood strong and saw it for what it is..Did anyone happen to hear Mervin King on R4 this morning? ( former head of BoE). Great interview.

Disappointed with Boris/JRM/Raab etc - looks like they might have been pursuing leadership campaigns over & above their supposed principles?

How many more Meaningless Votes? Anybody got ANY idea of what it will take to make her go?

2:37 onwards

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0003jvs

Disappointed with Boris/JRM/Raab etc - looks like they might have been pursuing leadership campaigns over & above their supposed principles?

Tactical...they have to appear as though they are prepared to compromise in order that One of them can become leader. They need MP's support after all after May, who might be going sooner than we think !
While she's at it, she can fire Hammond just before she leaves.

Last edited:
Tactical...they have to appear as though they are prepared to compromise in order that One of them can become leader. They need MP's support after all, after May, who might be going sooner than we think ! While she's at it, she can fire Hammond just before she leaves.

Yes, it would be nice to see Hammond get the Osborne treatment!

EU Statement after May's defeat.

No-deal Brexit is now a likely scenario, EU warns

The European Commission has put out a statement in response to Friday's vote.
It warns that a no-deal Brexit is now a "likely scenario" and says such an outcome will be significantly worse than Britain leaving with the a Withdrawal Agreement.
"The Commission regrets the negative vote in the House of Commons today. As per the European Council (Article 50) decision on 22 March, the period provided for in Article 50(3) is extended to 12 April. It will be for the UK to indicate the way forward before that date, for consideration by the European Council. A “no-deal” scenario on 12 April is now a likely scenario. The EU has been preparing for this since December 2017 and is now fully prepared for a “no-deal” scenario at midnight on 12 April. The EU will remain united. The benefits of the Withdrawal Agreement, including a transition period, will in no circumstances be replicated in a “no-deal” scenario. Sectoral mini-deals are not an option.”​
European Council President Donald Tusk had earlier confirmed that an emergency summit of European leaders will take place on April 10, two days before Britain's new exit date.

Phew. No need for a group hug at all - may full scale hostilities resume!
:love::p;)

Why’s that, I’ve been out? Oh, I see:eek:.

Aw bollox, let the stupid baastards drive it to no deal. I’ll be dead and gone before the sh*t hits the fan.

Leadsom thinks today is an Iconic day - all smiles.

She certainly has a grasp on reality, NOT!

Let's all celebrate this iconic day.

What are we celebrating again?