Brexit and the Consequences

Why’s that, I’ve been out? Oh, I see:eek:.

Aw bollox, let the stupid baastards drive it to no deal. I’ll be dead and gone before the sh*t hits the fan.
Why’s that, I’ve been out? Oh, I see:eek:.

Aw bollox, let the stupid baastards drive it to no deal. I’ll be dead and gone before the sh*t hits the fan.

Is this your John Major moment !

Just chill out and observe history in the making(y)
Fascinating times where we get to witness the rise of an informed public and participate in dismantling the power base of the self serving elites.

Attachments

• brenda-from-bristol.gif
    brenda-from-bristol.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 102
Is this your John Major moment !

Just chill out and observe history in the making(y)
Fascinating times where we get to witness the rise of an informed public and participate in dismantling the power base of the self serving elites.

Well, there was I driving happily along in my 2 litre eurosaloon xls, frowning occasionally because of the funny route the eurosatnav sometimes chose, but generally content since it got me where I wanted to go. It was a fine summer’s day and I was humming a gentle tune when a strident voice bellowed in my ear “take back control” and a hand reached through the window and ripped my eurosatnav out from the dashboard and chucked on the verge shouting “find your own fckng way you wimp”.

“Well, I’d rather have the eurosatnav but, ok, give me something to use instead”. “Don’t worry” screamed the voice “there’s loads of apps that will do the trick”. The controller came up with one, but before I could plug it in the strident guy ripped it out of my hand a chucked that on the verge, too. “Oh, for gods’s sake give me something” I pleaded “there’s supposed to be loads”. Nope, nothing, zilch, zero, nix .

I was so happy, but now I’m so fed up I will just find my own fckng way and a plague on both your houses.

Last edited:
Optimal choice facing UK is to revoke article 50 and go back to looking into the will of the people with the new lay of the land, now that we are all so much better informed. (y)

Will of the people will always be represented by Parliament. Democracy is not about a snapshot bad decision made in haste under a cloud of deception with false non-deliverable promises.

Much ado about nothing. I can't help thinking people (in particular Brexiteers) are bored and just need drama in their lives.

There is no rush folks.

Everybody take a chill pill. :whistle:

Optimal choice facing UK is to revoke article 50 and go back to looking into the will of the people with the new lay of the land, now that we are all so much better informed. (y)

Will of the people will always be represented by Parliament. Democracy is not about a snapshot bad decision made in haste under a cloud of deception with false non-deliverable promises.

Much ado about nothing. I can't help thinking people (in particular Brexiteers) are bored and just need drama in their lives.

There is no rush folks.

Everybody take a chill pill. :whistle:

The optimal choice will be to leave with No Deal, then watch from the sidelines as the EU infighting starts proper. They will come banging at our door soon enough for a deal and we may be able to facilitate such an arrangement, but I expect a considerable fee would need to come our way given that they sell a lot more to us than we sell to them. We are a very important market to them and we should make them realise, a bit like Trump is doing with China, that to treat your customers with utter contempt and disdain has consequences.

This is how Brexiters roll. We don't do whimpy giving in. We're in it to win it! (y)

The optimal choice will be to leave with No Deal, then watch from the sidelines as the EU infighting starts proper. They will come banging at our door soon enough for a deal and we may be able to facilitate such an arrangement, but I expect a considerable fee would need to come our way given that they sell a lot more to us than we sell to them. We are a very important market to them and we should make them realise, a bit like Trump is doing with China, that to treat your customers with utter contempt and disdain has consequences.

This is how Brexiters roll. We don't do whimpy giving in. We're in it to win it! (y)

Dreamer.

You are detached from reality.

Trade what you see not what you think.

Brexiteers need to demonstrate end vision with plans. You are all hot air and bluster with nothing meaningful on way forward. When it comes to crunch time to make a decision, no show. Your leaders are all turn tail toe rags. Are they voting for TM or her Withdrawal deal is not clear. It's like take a bad deal and make it worse.

I suspect when we do have elections Tories going to be battered to pieces. That's why they are so afraid of holding any.

I think it's clear how much they fear elections at how well they've managed to sustain TM. :sick::sick::sick: Whole country is sick of her and her party, Tories of all parties hold her in power knowing full well they are going to be slaughtered in any elections as they deserve to be. (n)

Dreamer.

You are detached from reality.

Trade what you see not what you think.

Brexiteers need to demonstrate end vision with plans. You are all hot air and bluster with nothing meaningful on way forward. When it comes to crunch time to make a decision, no show. Your leaders are all turn tail toe rags. Are they voting for TM or her Withdrawal deal is not clear. It's like take a bad deal and make it worse.

I suspect when we do have elections Tories going to be battered to pieces. That's why they are so afraid of holding any.

I think it's clear how much they fear elections at how well they've managed to sustain TM. :sick::sick::sick: Whole country is sick of her and her party, Tories of all parties hold her in power knowing full well they are going to be slaughtered in any elections as they deserve to be. (n)

I'm taking a leaf out of your book :LOL: Detached from reality :LOL:. Open your eyes, take a good look what's happening in Europe and the rest of the west. Nobody cares a jot about May and her surrender deal and nobody cares a jot about comrade Corbyn, who is and never was electable. As for your precious Lib Dems, you don't even have a leader and there's no support across the country for minority interest parties. The battle going forward is a straight fight between retaining control and decision making or ceding all powers to the globalists. It's the same in every country and that's what you are afraid of. Losing the battle because you don't like change.

You can tell a great deal from voting patterns if you bother to look. EU elections dominated by anti EU parties like UKIP etc and that anti EU trend will continue a pace into Mays elections.
Domestic politics dominated by the big 2 and as things stand, even though the Tories are making a hash of things, Labour are even worse.:LOL:

It’s definitely there Tim, it’s a countdown clock, 2.37 from the end..👍
Somehow I missed 'from the end'. That said, I'm getting an interview with Lucy Thomas and Daniel Hannan - still no sign of Mervin King?!

Last edited:
The battle going forward is a straight fight between retaining control and decision making or ceding all powers to the globalists

It's called democracy not a battle. Decision making and recent politics in US and UK is clear for any objective mind to see. To anyone with limited faculties, it's best to portray stuff as black or white, globalist v popularist. Same old tosh. You and Trump with your detached realities have much in common. Have trouble looking at the middle bit with shady details that require some thought process and mental effort. Not quite like reading comic books with colourful drawings is it? :)

and that's what you are afraid of. Losing the battle because you don't like change.

That is really funny, afraid of change. Peeps shouting about the so called will of the people, are afraid to be tested. Politicians are afraid of an election. What can possibly change that maybe considered unhelpful?

On the contrary I would argue will of the people is sick and tired of the lies and false promises of the Brexit camp. People are more concerned about local and national issues. EU was never high on the agenda. I would relish any new elections whether here or for MEPs.

You've been frothing in the mouth for quite some time about EU imploding and what with all your ultra populist parties in France, Italy, Holland, Germany and Sweden but thus far EU is solid. I don't think you'll stop or change. Ironic perhaps but change is what you will have to do! :p

(y)

nice idea if you can limit the brexit to just commercial business decsions.....

but it embraces every part of our lives ....not just trade deals ....the damage and confusion of a no deal will destroy the fabric of this country for years and years

N

It's called democracy not a battle. Decision making and recent politics in US and UK is clear for any objective mind to see. To anyone with limited faculties, it's best to portray stuff as black or white, globalist v popularist. Same old tosh. You and Trump with your detached realities have much in common. Have trouble looking at the middle bit with shady details that require some thought process and mental effort. Not quite like reading comic books with colourful drawings is it? :)

That is really funny, afraid of change. Peeps shouting about the so called will of the people, are afraid to be tested. Politicians are afraid of an election. What can possibly change that maybe considered unhelpful?

On the contrary I would argue will of the people is sick and tired of the lies and false promises of the Brexit camp. People are more concerned about local and national issues. EU was never high on the agenda. I would relish any new elections whether here or for MEPs.

You've been frothing in the mouth for quite some time about EU imploding and what with all your ultra populist parties in France, Italy, Holland, Germany and Sweden but thus far EU is solid. I don't think you'll stop or change. Ironic perhaps but change is what you will have to do! :p

(y)

The EU can happily carry on with its current [lack of] direction for all I care. All that will happen is more inflation of the unhappy populace.

What is the future direction of the EU anyway, what is their manifesto, what are their political objectives, have they published any?

Can a single remainer please tell me the the future direction of the EU, just so I do have a comparison to work with, thanks ?

Something handy to read, not just a website link, maybe something written on the side of a blue bus?

Last edited:
nice idea if you can limit the brexit to just commercial business decsions.....

but it embraces every part of our lives ....not just trade deals ....the damage and confusion of a no deal will destroy the fabric of this country for years and years

N

And again we have an example of why europhiles ‘don’t get it’. The economics are not the main point of Brexiteers, it’s about sovereignty, laws, culture, self governance. A proud British people have been self governed and proud with 2-fingers to the continent for hundreds of years, proudly protecting our own resources for our own use. To be overruled by foreign elites is galling to Brexiteers to say the least

Remainers fail every time to understand that and just revert to economics as their argument, thereby missing the point, either deliberately or through naivety.

. . .Remainers fail every time to understand that and just revert to economics as their argument, thereby missing the point, either deliberately or through naivety.
I think Michael Caine expressed it very well with his comment: "I'd rather be a poor master than a rich servant".

The EU can happily carry on with its current [lack of] direction for all I care. All that will happen is more inflation of the unhappy populace.

What is the future direction of the EU anyway, what is their manifesto, what are their political objectives, have they published any?

Can a single remainer please tell me the the future direction of the EU, just so I do have a comparison to work with, thanks ?

Something handy to read, not just a website link, maybe something written on the side of a blue bus?

That is a big ask SC. EU has strategy on Asia on Climate Change on jobs and growth on harmonisation of rules, regs and standards.

Imo we did well being a member of the EU and half the populace feels the same. You are taking much for granted ignoring the protest vote about war torn countries and the refugee crises as if peeps were disenfranchised from the EU.

Wales now changing their minds about staying in EU as well having realised much of their regional investment came from the EU and will not be matched by parliament.

To cut it short here it is.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-...an-semester/framework/europe-2020-strategy_en

I haven't read this stuff but yes EU does indeed have a strategy and opening up Asia with the new silk railway line is a key part along with AI, unmanned vehicles and satellite technologies. How many states are able to build their own passenger aircraft would be one litmus test.

But as you say it's not about the economy it's about the identity. You must be really really flaky in how British you are, if you feel that you are in danger of losing it to turban heads.

As for feeling proud and British and what with all the past wars, you do realise that's when Britain proudly exercised her culture and identity on to the CommonWealth all over the world at the end of big gunships and many barrels.

Once again you Brexiteers are very confused puppies. EU nations pretty much have same faiths, identity and way of life to UK along with history. It is the CommonWealth nations and other war torn countries - ALL - outside of the EU that most peeps in the UK have issues with relating to cultural and identity conflicts, what ever that may be. So for you to mix up the two is an error of judgement imo.

Moreover, migration from EU countries has already slowed down quite a bit whilst from other nations it has increased.

You might want to ask the same question about Brexiteers strategy and what are their tactics to deliver them. So far US, China, India have declined to entertain TM and those few who have are very small countries.

As for US and Trumps policies, the guy has given away $1.2 Trillion dollars away in tax cuts as the global economy was recovering. Their national debt issues haven't gone away and nor has China buckled. Give'm a little more time much like Brexiteers and I'm sure you'll all be enlightened soon enough.

(y)

I think Michael Caine expressed it very well with his comment: "I'd rather be a poor master than a rich servant".

Nice words but it means nothing.

How are you a servant to the EU then? What do they force you to do?