Brexit and the Consequences

How about you start dealing with the realities and get educated by reading something worthwhile.
You could start with this site....and read all of it.....see you back here in a few months. :LOL:

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-withdrawal-agreement-is-a-one-way-ticket-back-into-the-eu/

Agreed.

I'm dead against the withdrawal agreement. I'm also against paying any money back into the EU before any future deal is confirmed. Thought I made that clear many times before.

Apparently, the £39bn is because we've signed up to EU budget which is set in 7 year terms. Blow that imo. In that case we should simply leave at the end of the current budget period. End of.

All in or all out matey. Anything else is a botchup fudge job. Messy and pointless.

There is no better deal than the one we currently have. (y)

Agreed.

I'm dead against the withdrawal agreement. I'm also against paying any money back into the EU before any future deal is confirmed. Thought I made that clear many times before.

Apparently, the £39bn is because we've signed up to EU budget which is set in 7 year terms. Blow that imo. In that case we should simply leave at the end of the current budget period. End of.

All in or all out matey. Anything else is a botchup fudge job. Messy and pointless.

There is no better deal than the one we currently have. (y)

So we now agree on everything except the last line.

The reason we voted out was to take back control of our own decision making, laws, trade policy etc.

So how by staying in do we have any control? Can't have it both ways....IN or OUT

And again we have an example of why europhiles ‘don’t get it’. The economics are not the main point of Brexiteers, it’s about sovereignty, laws, culture, self governance. A proud British people have been self governed and proud with 2-fingers to the continent for hundreds of years, proudly protecting our own resources for our own use. To be overruled by foreign elites is galling to Brexiteers to say the least

Remainers fail every time to understand that and just revert to economics as their argument, thereby missing the point, either deliberately or through naivety.

It's happening already and will be repeated across all parties. This is how we will get Brexit, by getting rid of all those who stand in it's way. You may thing this process harsh, but totally necessary given the stakes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-47759208

So we now agree on everything except the last line.

The reason we voted out was to take back control of our own decision making, laws, trade policy etc.

So how by staying in do we have any control? Can't have it both ways....IN or OUT

Back to square one.

Dear CV think logically and I ask you this sincerely.

We already know what life is like in EU. We are 5th in GDP league tables and Europe is the place to be wrt quality of life, living standards and prosperity. What ever measure you like to choose. Life, travel and work where ever you like in Europe, life is easy peasy.

What control do you not have that you desire?

Take back control and do what?

What decisions, laws and trade policy are you against?

It is you as a Brexiteer who has to make the business case for leaving and how those very arguments above that you raise against the EU will be any better outside of EU with any of the so called bilateral deals that's thrown around the place?

And ppppplllleeeaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee don't start with EU is going to implode claptrap. That's not an argument for leaving. :p

Last edited:
As I stated from the start of Brexit procedure it`s a stupidity. The British doesn`t know what they`re wishing for and also there won`t be Brexit. For now i`m right. Lets see the final.

...........This is how we will get Brexit, by getting rid of all those who stand in it's way. You may thing this process harsh, but totally necessary given the stakes...........

The self same words uttered by tyrannical dictators the world over. No opposition, no dissent, no freedom. Give me the EU rather than such hate filled governance.

The self same words uttered by tyrannical dictators the world over. No opposition, no dissent, no freedom. Give me the EU rather than such hate filled governance.

That sounds like the perfect description of where the EU is headed.

And ppppplllleeeaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee don't start with EU is going to implode claptrap. That's not an argument for leaving. :p

No it will be a symptom of leaving. Leaving means change for the EU as much as it does us.

Last edited:

We really do need a final solution:)

Hi At',

Well, they resonated pretty strongly with 17.4 million people!

Dear me At', if you don't know the answer to that by now - there's really very little hope for you!
:rolleyes:
Tim.

Well freedoms I had before to go where ever I want in Europe, buy a house, find work or start a business, are going to be taken away from me. So I don't know or understand how I have more control or freedoms than before. I'm going to be laden with more administrative duties to import export to my neighbours.

I like European way of life, standards, laws and freedoms so I fail to see what I'm gaining compared to what I'm losing. I still have the vote for a party to represent me in Parliament and subsequently in European parliament via our elected MEPs.

However, I am happy to hear you are well cool with Brexit. Best wishes to you. (y)

Still not very good with the numbers game are you. Article states:

More than half of Conservative MPs have signed a letter demanding that Theresa May doesn’t delay Brexit any further. If May wanted to she could push to deliver a No Deal Brexit on 12th April instead of bottling it again.

A letter to the Prime Minister calls for the UK to leave the European Union soon, avoiding the farcical scenario of making the British people vote for another group of MEPs to sit in the European Parliament.

Significantly, a whopping 170 MPs signed the letter according to The Sun. That’s more than half of all Tory MPs, apparently including a group of Ministers as well. A very clear message to May.

Considering there are 650 seats in Parliament that's not a very big number is it? That's just 26%. The Sun believes that is a SIGNIFICANT NUMBER? Brexiteers believe whatever is fed to them.

Somebody also mentioned that the elections held in 2017 was after the referendum in 2016. Thus, representative parliament that we have is a true-er representation of our democracy than the troubled referendum.

Peeps who haven't quite got to grips with this fiasco keep churning out the will of the people rubbish without any due reference to all the protest votes and misled votes based on targetted adverts and articles coupled with deceitful lies and false promises that can not be met by Brexit.

People are just simply too obstinate to admit they may have got it wrong or were misled. Is such a thing possible? Of course it is but who is going to admit they got it wrong? Did they misunderstand? Were they misled, fooled even?

Still not very good with the numbers game are you. Article states:

More than half of Conservative MPs have signed a letter demanding that Theresa May doesn’t delay Brexit any further. If May wanted to she could push to deliver a No Deal Brexit on 12th April instead of bottling it again.

A letter to the Prime Minister calls for the UK to leave the European Union soon, avoiding the farcical scenario of making the British people vote for another group of MEPs to sit in the European Parliament.

Significantly, a whopping 170 MPs signed the letter according to The Sun. That’s more than half of all Tory MPs, apparently including a group of Ministers as well. A very clear message to May.

Considering there are 650 seats in Parliament that's not a very big number is it? That's just 26%. The Sun believes that is a SIGNIFICANT NUMBER? Brexiteers believe whatever is fed to them.

Somebody also mentioned that the elections held in 2017 was after the referendum in 2016. Thus, representative parliament that we have is a true-er representation of our democracy than the troubled referendum.

Peeps who haven't quite got to grips with this fiasco keep churning out the will of the people rubbish without any due reference to all the protest votes and misled votes based on targetted adverts and articles coupled with deceitful lies and false promises that can not be met by Brexit.

People are just simply too obstinate to admit they may have got it wrong or were misled. Is such a thing possible? Of course it is but who is going to admit they got it wrong? Did they misunderstand? Were they misled, fooled even?

lol

Mislead like project fear you mean.:LOL:
Mislead like emergency budget you mean.:LOL:
Mislead like every single issue that remoaners have been parroting on about since they lost.:LOL:

Everything we have told you guys about Brexit and the EU has come true. At some point, you will just have to deal with it!(y)

lol

Mislead like every single issue that remoaners have been parroting on about since they lost.:LOL:

Everything we have told you guys about Brexit and the EU has come true. At some point, you will just have to deal with it!(y)

Project fear? You mean those 60 million Turks about to descend on us?
Truth? You mean immigration to be stopped? £350 million A WEEK to be diverted to the NHS?

We certainly don’t need any lessons about scaremongering and lies from your side. But, of course, since you won we’re supposed not to have the temerity to point out such things and nor are we allowed to criticise. You must feel on shaky ground if you feel you must deny free speech and curb dissent rather than rely on the strength of your argument to win through.

lol

Agreed CV, very misleading claims were sadly expressed by both sides.

However, where numbers are concerned, I would argue 74% is more significant than 26%.

We need to learn from our past mistakes, understand where we are, regroup and move forward in unity.

Will of the people will always be with us. Will of the people is fluid and dynamic. Do not be afraid :love:

Project fear? You mean those 60 million Turks about to descend on us?
Truth? You mean immigration to be stopped? £350 million A WEEK to be diverted to the NHS?

We certainly don’t need any lessons about scaremongering and lies from your side. But, of course, since you won we’re supposed not to have the temerity to point out such things and nor are we allowed to criticise. You must feel on shaky ground if you feel you must deny free speech and curb dissent rather than rely on the strength of your argument to win through.

Since when has a Brexiter been allowed anywhere near the decision making process, let alone the levers of power. Whatever mess the UK finds itself in rests firmly with those who refuse to accept the vote and by extension, democracy deniers.

Since when has a Brexiter been allowed anywhere near the decision making process, let alone the levers of power. Whatever mess the UK finds itself in rests firmly with those who refuse to accept the vote and by extension, democracy deniers.

What’s that got to do with project fear and truth?

I respect your position that, for you, brexit means a no deal exit. That’s not the case, though, for many others who support Brexit, but that doesn’t make them closet remainers or deniers of democracy. Nor does it make remainers, who mostly accept the referendum outcome, deniers of democracy when they fight to avoid no deal.

Even May’s deal would deliver much more than Brino in the end albeit that the jurisdiction of the ECJ doesn’t disappear until the end of the transition period. It’s only mistrust of the. Backstop and that the transition might never end that holds it back .