Brexit and the Consequences

Assuming they pass the deal, why then would they need an extension? It seems like the extension demand was the red herring in order to put pressure on MPs to vote her way.

If MV2 passes, quelle dommage!
If MV3 fails in parliament, what then?

The extension is only required IF her deal is passed to facilitate parliament having to pass various legislation as part of the withdrawal agreement. If the deal is not passed, then we don't need an extension period.

The extension is only required IF her deal is passed to facilitate parliament having to pass various legislation as part of the withdrawal agreement. If the deal is not passed, then we don't need an extension period.

So if the vote fails, then hard Brexit?
My neighbors are British. They fly back and forth. She keeps saying Britain won't Brexit.

The real question is do you think May will pick up enough of the 149 vote margin to pass the vote after throwing parliament under the bus?

So if the vote fails, then hard Brexit?
My neighbors are British. They fly back and forth. She keeps saying Britain won't Brexit.

The real question is do you think May will pick up enough of the 149 vote margin to pass the vote after throwing parliament under the bus?

If the vote fails as the law stands then hard Brexit. The problem is, there will be a ton of remoaner MP's kicking up a massive stink and trying every trick in the book to thwart the result.

I think she will struggle to get the result. It's the establishment stitch up ongoing between our remainer PM and an EU that wants us to be subservient to them. Everyone knows it's a crap deal with no get out but we have a parliament full of snowflakes who have zero outside experience of real world work. They have nothing to offer in terms of making the right decisions which are in the interests of the country.

They will pull a technical extension out of the hat, it really will be Hotel California [emoji91]

The HC extension.

They will pull a technical extension out of the hat, it really will be Hotel California [emoji91]

The HC extension.

??
Hotel California song = excess in the underbelly of LA

you mean it will be extension of excesses?

The HC extension.

I know they will try every trick in the book to block Brexit or try to get the deal passed (which is effectively a deal to remain), but at what point do you see the people rising up, if at all? And what kind of uprising might we see? I get the feeling that us Brits are just biding our time for all this political stuff to play out, then there will be a massive backlash, if Brexit is subverted, which has been/ is simmering under the surface.

I know they will try every trick in the book to block Brexit or try to get the deal passed (which is effectively a deal to remain), but at what point do you see the people rising up, if at all? And what kind of uprising might we see? I get the feeling that us Brits are just biding our time for all this political stuff to play out, then there will be a massive backlash, if Brexit is subverted, which has been/ is simmering under the surface.

UK puts 3,500 troops on standby for no deal Brexit.

maybe they have done this in anticipation of that supposed uprising?

UK puts 3,500 troops on standby for no deal Brexit.

maybe they have done this in anticipation of that supposed uprising?

Oh, I was rather thinking the other way around. If the establishment tried to cancel article 50, or kick the can down the road.

A No Deal Brexit is a proper Brexit. Anything else is not.

Theresa May in:
Brextinction.jpg

Unilever investors gear up for fresh tussle over headquarters

LONDON (Reuters) - Some of Unilever’s biggest investors in the UK are planning to put renewed pressure on the consumer goods giant to abandon the idea of ditching its dual headquarters in favour of the Netherlands.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-u...-fresh-tussle-over-headquarters-idUKKCN1R21MF

As the UK shareholders ramp up the pressure to keep Unilever’s London listing, they will also have in mind that investors here don’t want dual-listed company Royal Dutch Shell to follow suit.

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Unilever investors gear up for fresh tussle over headquarters

LONDON (Reuters) - Some of Unilever’s biggest investors in the UK are planning to put renewed pressure on the consumer goods giant to abandon the idea of ditching its dual headquarters in favour of the Netherlands.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-u...-fresh-tussle-over-headquarters-idUKKCN1R21MF

As the UK shareholders ramp up the pressure to keep Unilever’s London listing, they will also have in mind that investors here don’t want dual-listed company Royal Dutch Shell to follow suit.

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Barclays Chairman: No Deal will hurt EU, London will remain global

https://www.westmonster.com/barclays-chairman-no-deal-will-hurt-eu-london-will-remain-global/

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh, I was rather thinking the other way around. If the establishment tried to cancel article 50, or kick the can down the road.

A No Deal Brexit is a proper Brexit. Anything else is not.

2,000,000 up and rising for revoke 50. You’d better get busy arranging a “no deal” petition and we can have a contest. See how many you can get supporting your dream :)

2,000,000 up and rising for revoke 50. You’d better get busy arranging a “no deal” petition and we can have a contest. See how many you can get supporting your dream :)

All that petition signifies is a sense of desperation amongst losers. The default position remains that unless the UK votes for the withdrawal agreement, then we leave with No Deal. No amount of voting by parliament on positions that they don't support has any effect whatsoever.

Wow 2,000,000! you mean 5% of the voting population! :eek:

Financial TImes said:
At Thursday’s European Council meeting in Brussels, EU diplomats wondered whether Mrs May was bluffing, but those close to the prime minister said if she cannot secure her Brexit deal she is determined the UK should embark on a no-deal exit.
Bring on No Deal Brexit. I sincerely hope you are right CV.

Well I'm happy to see him talking tough telling us what he believes.

Sadly Barclays share price that I follow closely has taken a bit of a hit and yet to climb out of the 160s. Yes a great opportunity awaits Barclays in the UK if it can only dig it self out of the Bob Diamond hole it was dug into by the yanks. I swear to this day I think Bob Diamond was also financed by US banks to bale out their suffering institutions by buying out trash at premium prices.

Don't make me laff.

fwiw Deutsche Boerse AG have been trying to buy out LSE for some time but other EU countries worried about Germany's dominance.

It is a very competitive market and Paris / Amsterdam have always been looking to take pieces out of the London finance market as well as Franfurt. If Brexit does materialise then a big advantage will have been offered to the European financial centres to capture industries and business. London will lose out. Question is by how much?

All that petition signifies is a sense of desperation amongst losers. The default position remains that unless the UK votes for the withdrawal agreement, then we leave with No Deal. No amount of voting by parliament on positions that they don't support has any effect whatsoever.

Probably not, but these are the people talking, not the establishment you are so fond of pillorying. You’ve all been ignoring the fact that nearly half the people who voted were remainers so when you prattle on about “the people have spoken” you really mean just over half the voting people. Most of the remainers went along with the result but expected - as your lot promised - a reasonable deal, not “no deal”.

No deal under any circumstance was clearly rejected by Parliament. No worry of that happening.

You keep dreaming on about your Boris's, Moggies, Leadsom's and Raab's see how far it gets you.

They are sooo yesterday's bodies.

Britain will give a big sigh of relief along with many industries sick to the teeth with Brexiteer hooligans and the 28 or so ERG who are in search of tax havens for their masters with billions to hide. Trying to turn UK and London into the illegal money market of the world. We have Switzerland for that and they do a decent job, immoral bankers with clean morals that they all are. Honestly, simple people of the UK have been so hood winked and lied to beyond all common sense and they still buy this flag waving rubbish of hopes and dreams that can not be delivered. Low zero tax where HQs will be based in the UK whilst rest of the population struggles with being British and revelling in it.

Reminds me a little of religion as Karl Marx put it. Religion and suffering are the opium of the people. Brexit will become the opium of the British masses whilst they struggle blaming everyone else but their own ilk for their suffering.

Crazy stuff.

Britain will soon wake up from this slumber and take stock of what a colossal waste last couple of years have been.

Hilarious. The only ones dreaming are the bremoaners. there is absolutely a possibility, in fact, a high probability of that happening given May's mercurial mindset and this:

Those close to the prime minister said if she cannot secure her Brexit deal she is determined the UK should embark on a no-deal exit.
How Theresa May decided she was willing to accept a no-deal Brexit

People said there's no way Trump will be elected. Then as is usually the case the media begins projecting the winners around 8 pm on Super Tuesday. Trump had Florida and Michigan in his sights with hundreds of thousands of votes with 97% precincts reporting and yet the media refused to give up the ghost on Hillary. They waited until Midnight to declare Trump the winner, perhaps only after most Americans had gone to bed. :ROFLMAO:

I refer you to the Richard Benson quote I posted earlier. The same thing will happen hear. They will wait to the eleventh hour before making up their minds, which is also what the Lithuanian President said.