Brexit and the Consequences

Tusk says EU will give an extension only if UK passes MV2. Does he speak for all EU leaders? Will this be their answer in 3 hours time at the press conference?

May wants a new vote. Bercow won't allow it. Tusk says they must pass May's Deal. No extension without a deal. Something has to give. Will Tusk and the EU leaders cave to May's request?

EU President: Donald Tusk
US President: Donald Trump
double the Donald T, double the fun!
Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 10.15.32 PM.png

Macron to May: No deal, no extension
“In case of a no vote or a no, directly it will guide everyone to a no deal, for sure,” Macron said. “This is it. We are ready.”

Let's hope he stands firmly by that sentiment.

would'nt most prime ministers have score pretty low on this list ?
Agree! Most people would indeed also score low; but then most people don't become Prime Minister. May is just a worst-case instance of what happens when you don't audition for the part.

. . .Let's hope he stands firmly by that sentiment.
. . . And if he does - and we leave sans deal next Friday (hope you appreciate my use of French there!), he could well end up being more popular in the U.K. than he is in France. And that's with 16 million+ remainers cursing him!
:D

. . .Went up by 2000 by the time I pasted link followed by screen capture and post blog.

Thunderbolt heading Brexiteers way!
Errr, you're getting ahead of yourself At', counting chickens etc. IF it ever gets above 17 million signatories, then you may have something to crow about. Until then, it's a case of . . .
:rolleyes:
Tim.

Errr, you're getting ahead of yourself At', counting chickens etc. IF it ever gets above 17 million signatories, then you may have something to crow about. Until then, it's a case of . . .
Tim.

No bovver.

What matters is Parliament gets to vote on revoking article 50.

Take back control and give it to Parliament where it belongs. (y)

Don't rush it. No reason for mad haste. Steady as she goes. :)

1204K now. :oops:

. . . And if he does - and we leave sans deal next Friday (hope you appreciate my use of French there!), he could well end up being more popular in the U.K. than he is in France. And that's with 16 million+ remainers cursing him!
:D

Assuming Macron & Rutte stands by that sentiment OR Farage convinces Savorini, then what chance do you think May has of passing her deal through parliament a third time?

1. Bercow says May must present a substantially altered deal in order for a MV3 to commence;
    1. HOWEVER, if the deal is "substantially different", then the EU would have to re-ratify that deal.
    2. EU said they would not allow any changes to the deal.
  2. Assuming no change to MV2 presented as MV3,
    1. what chance is there Bercow will alow this?
    2. Is there another way to get around Bercow
    3. Will Bercow change his mind for fear of No Deal Brexit
  3. What chance then does May have of getting MV2=MV3 through parliament?
  4. To all those Bremoaners, be quiet about revoking Article 50. Parliament seems unable to agree on anything let alone repealing a law they themselves passed two years ago. Revoking Article 50 alone does jack-diddly.
p.s. J'adore your usage of français.

Last edited:
Wow you mean to say that 1,204,000 out of 46,501,241 voters have signed a petition to stay. Really 2.58% is such a big percentage of the population :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tim.

Don't worry about those 17 million signatures, the count on this thread has just turned 9500. Can't be long to the 10k – I hope we'll be gentlemanly and allow Attila to take the 10-thousandth post because he started it and despite all the brickbats and everything else we've thrown at him, he's never wavered!

May blames parliament, instills violence in the hearts of the public. MPs advised not to return home alone.
hmm where have I seen that before? :ROFLMAO:

We have taught you guys well.

Teresa May was told repeatedly before she sent the letter that the EU would only allow a short extension prior to their elections...... max end of May

so Teresa May asks for the end of June ......

what is it about her that never bloody listens to anyone ?

she has now pissed off everyone again in the last 24 hours ....here in parliament and in Brussels

jees
N

Assuming Macron & Rutte stands by that sentiment OR Farage convinces Savorini, then what chance do you think May has of passing her deal through parliament a third time?

1. Bercow says May must present a substantially altered deal in order for a MV3 to commence;
    1. HOWEVER, if the deal is "substantially different", then the EU would have to re-ratify that deal.
    2. EU said they would not allow any changes to the deal.
  2. Assuming no change to MV2 presented as MV3,
    1. what chance is there Bercow will alow this?
    2. Is there another way to get around Bercow
    3. Will Bercow change his mind for fear of No Deal Brexit
  3. What chance then does May have of getting MV2=MV3 through parliament?
  4. To all those Bremoaners, be quiet about revoking Article 50. Parliament seems unable to agree on anything let alone repealing a law they themselves passed two years ago. Revoking Article 50 alone does jack-diddly.
Hi hhiusa,
Ignore Bercow, he's a red herring. Even if he doesn't allow MV3 to be put before Parliament, MPs can get around it by voting to make an exception to the historical precedent. So, one way or t'other, MV3 will be put before the house next week. The chances of it getting through aren't good, but they're waaaaay better than on the previous two occasions. I fear that enough MPs that voted against MV1 and MV2 will cave in next week, i.e. third time lucky for Mrs. May. Brexiteers have to pin their hopes on MPs reacting against the threats and the half nelson that Mrs. May, Tusk and Macron et al are trying to put them in - and hold on to their principles and 'remain' strong. A tough call.
Tim.

Hi hhiusa,
Ignore Bercow, he's a red herring. Even if he doesn't allow MV3 to be put before Parliament, MPs can get around it by voting to make an exception to the historical precedent. So, one way or t'other, MV3 will be put before the house next week. The chances of it getting through aren't good, but they're waaaaay better than on the previous two occasions. I fear that enough MPs that voted against MV1 and MV2 will cave in next week, i.e. third time lucky for Mrs. May. Brexiteers have to pin their hopes on MPs reacting against the threats and the half nelson that Mrs. May, Tusk and Macron et al are trying to put them in - and hold on to their principles and 'remain' strong. A tough call.
Tim.

Assuming they pass the deal, why then would they need an extension? It seems like the extension demand was the red herring in order to put pressure on MPs to vote her way.

If MV2 passes, quelle dommage!
If MV3 fails in parliament, what then?

I hope she has pissed off enough of parliament by throwing them under the bus that they will not pass her deal!!!!!