Brexit and the Consequences

Brexit has been a great opportunity squandered by a Quisling Prime Minister. It now leaves the realistic prospect of an election resulting in a hard left government.

Very disappointing - especially for those without the wherewithal to withstand it.

Brexit has been a great opportunity squandered by a Quisling Prime Minister. It now leaves the realistic prospect of an election resulting in a hard left government.

Very disappointing - especially for those without the wherewithal to withstand it.

She has an impossible task to please enough groups to form an effective Govt.

It would settle things if she announced to Parlt , that there will be no further negotiations with the EU and it's going to be a hard Brexit.

She has an impossible task to please enough groups to form an effective Govt.

It would settle things if she announced to Parlt , that there will be no further negotiations with the EU and it's going to be a hard Brexit.

Should have been the policy from the start.

...... Business will adapt to WTO and the EU can go to hell (y)

Indeed - Whatever the new reality, we will adapt eventually. In the meantime it will be the UK going to hell and not the EU.

Some of the reasons are in a couple of basic misconceptions about Brits and our place in the Grand Scheme of Things as evidenced by the excellent Messrs. Morton and Atilla:

The public are not stupid.....

Yes they are (as it's panto season do feel free to shout "Oh no they're not!")... and we wouldn't be in this shiite* if they weren't.

Secondly:

I reiterate a halfway deal whether it is Norwegian, Swiss or the Canadian deal of +++ is not for a big great nation like us. I have no idea why Brexiteers still touting these models.

We are not a small country.

Again, part of the problem is that we are a small country that has been in relative economic and political decline for the best part of a hundred years. We had our day in the sun (or 15 minutes of fame, if you prefer) and the world can get along very nicely without us and that includes the EU.

So that's us in a nutshell: stupid, irrelevant and living in the past.

I might be a tad sad if I wasn't such a patriot:p

*apologies to any Shiites on the forum

I am in the unfortunate position of being British and having lived more than half of my life in Barcelona. I, truly, love both countries. I suspect that there are a lot of Irishmen out there who feel the same --- not to exclude all the other expats on boths sides of the Channel who are married and have grandkids.

It is ironic that the country which accelerated the UK's decline has now much the same economic competition problem with China.
Trump's solution is to live in an economic bubble protected by tariffs and high walls.

It is ironic that the country which accelerated the UK's decline has now much the same economic competition problem with China.
Trump's solution is to live in an economic bubble protected by tariffs and high walls.

The EU solution.

Unfortunately, what brought US out of it's depression was WWII.

I am in the unfortunate position of being British and having lived more than half of my life in Barcelona. I, truly, love both countries. I suspect that there are a lot of Irishmen out there who feel the same --- not to exclude all the other expats on boths sides of the Channel who are married and have grandkids.

I see Spain has decided it's spanner in the works time over Gibraltar......how very typical:)

Trumps solution is a level playing field actually.

I think you will find that he will use any means to get a better deal. Not a fairer one. This would include bullying tactics of a bigger economy and stronger military.

Poor China, poor EU, poor Russia all being bullied by a single man, how weak they must be :rolleyes::LOL:

Indeed - Whatever the new reality, we will adapt eventually. In the meantime it will be the UK going to hell and not the EU.

Some of the reasons are in a couple of basic misconceptions about Brits and our place in the Grand Scheme of Things as evidenced by the excellent Messrs. Morton and Atilla:

Yes they are (as it's panto season do feel free to shout "Oh no they're not!")... and we wouldn't be in this shiite* if they weren't.

Secondly:

Again, part of the problem is that we are a small country that has been in relative economic and political decline for the best part of a hundred years. We had our day in the sun (or 15 minutes of fame, if you prefer) and the world can get along very nicely without us and that includes the EU.

So that's us in a nutshell: stupid, irrelevant and living in the past.

I might be a tad sad if I wasn't such a patriot:p

*apologies to any Shiites on the forum

I don't like your future vision...it suks big time:)

Hows about MABGA
Make Britain Great Again !! ( We were once unlike some )

If only we could find a politician worth a damn

I see Spain has decided it's spanner in the works time over Gibraltar......how very typical:)

Isn't it? It is a similar situation to Hong Kong. The UK had to lease land on the mainland for the population overflow and when that lease was up they had no option but to hand it all over.

Gibraltar's overflow came over the border and bought up the property as necessary,
which was OK while we were all in the same EU, but now it is a bit of a problem, now that the UK is leaving, and this has become another pawn in the game. They are going to have passport checks and cars queueing until it all gets sorted.

Gib, in my book, belongs to Spain, just the same as Ceuta belongs to Morocco and Goa belonged to the Indians.

Spain is just making sure that Brussels and UK are not about to make cosy little deals on their own.

Isn't it? It is a similar situation to Hong Kong. The UK had to lease land on the mainland for the population overflow and when that lease was up they had no option but to hand it all over.

Gibraltar's overflow came over the border and bought up the property as necessary,
which was OK while we were all in the same EU, but now it is a bit of a problem, now that the UK is leaving, and this has become another pawn in the game. They are going to have passport checks and cars queueing until it all gets sorted.

Gib, in my book, belongs to Spain, just the same as Ceuta belongs to Morocco and Goa belonged to the Indians.

Spain is just making sure that Brussels and UK are not about to make cosy little deals on their own.

New Spanish roads belong to the UK. We paid for them along with the Germans Dutch, Italians and the French:)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8036097.stm#start

Last edited: