Brexit and the Consequences

I expect Mr Juncker is wondering what he should spend his £40bn on.

Bailing out Greece, Portugal, Ireland. Extending his wine cellar, more lakes of champagne for the EU Xmas party?

Plenty to choose from when you are unaccountable.

Regrettably, they are not true Brexiteers but unprincipled politicians who don't live up to their professed principles. They don't represent those of us who voted leave. Everybody will suffer because of this stupid woman in charge.

Agree partially SuperMini, what you have to realise is those very people who you say don't represent us and led the Brexit campaign were the very people in cabinet delivering it.

You can't have it both ways. They set the vision. Even CV now says well Farage isn't in government and is or never was of consequence anyway.

If the Brexit experiment fails you'll say well it's the EU init, they punished us coz they don't want us to succeed.

Eurosceptics don't represent country. They AND you are a very small minority the ones who want an extreme hard Brexit.

CBI don't want Brexit. City doesn't want it. Industry doesn't want it. The countries queueing up to do trade with us like US (excluding Trump idiot), China, Japan all want us to remain in EU.

The business case says we are better off in the EU. The future and move in trade dynamics is pointing East.

Sadly that small minority of Eurosceptics holding country hostage. It's all gone horribly wrong. Can't see it getting better anytime soon.

Only real solution is to stop Brexit!

(y)

Only real solution is leave on WTO rules and forge a deal after, when we’re in a position of strength not desperation. Tick tock.......

Only real solution is leave on WTO rules and forge a deal after, when we’re in a position of strength not desperation. Tick tock.......

We should have done that at least a year ago. Is there anybody out there capable of saving the situation? I think this will now only be resolved with a general election.

Didn't say that on the Referendum tin did it.

They told us Brexit means Brexit.

Do you realise what that means to motor, pharmacutical, finance and farming industries.

Do you have any idea about the ramifications of a hard brexit?

Hard brexiteers may say just feck it we are out of here lads but that's not what the UK is crying out for.

You lot increasingly in the minority and the more people see just how extreme you are the more you'll lose the vote and there is a chance sanity will prevail and this dodgy shambolic period in UK history will pass. (y)

Agree partially SuperMini, what you have to realise is those very people who you say don't represent us and led the Brexit campaign were the very people in cabinet delivering it.

You can't have it both ways. They set the vision. Even CV now says well Farage isn't in government and is or never was of consequence anyway.

If the Brexit experiment fails you'll say well it's the EU init, they punished us coz they don't want us to succeed.

Eurosceptics don't represent country. They AND you are a very small minority the ones who want an extreme hard Brexit.

CBI don't want Brexit. City doesn't want it. Industry doesn't want it. The countries queueing up to do trade with us like US (excluding Trump idiot), China, Japan all want us to remain in EU.

The business case says we are better off in the EU. The future and move in trade dynamics is pointing East.

Sadly that small minority of Eurosceptics holding country hostage. It's all gone horribly wrong. Can't see it getting better anytime soon.

Only real solution is to stop Brexit!

(y)

Mixed up puppy routine wearing a bit thin now Att.

Farage is an MEP in the EU parliament. He has never been an MP, never been an advisor to Govt, indeed shunned by all cause he upset the establishment. So i've no idea what you keep foaming at the mouth for regards Farage.

No matter what way you look at Brexit, the direction of travel is clear.

With WTO the sign over the gateway reads:

Brexit Macht Frei.

Mixed up puppy routine wearing a bit thin now Att.

Farage is an MEP in the EU parliament. He has never been an MP, never been an advisor to Govt, indeed shunned by all cause he upset the establishment. So i've no idea what you keep foaming at the mouth for regards Farage.

No matter what way you look at Brexit, the direction of travel is clear.

Yes agreed CV and I was precisely pointing out your point. Thank you.

What about SuperM suggesting the people in cabinet aren't the real Brexiteers?

Leadsom, Govey, Boris, Davis, Foxy, Raab I mean come on. All those MPs who campaigned for Brexit now aren't the ones who are True Brexiteers.

To quote SuperM "Regrettably, they are not true Brexiteers but unprincipled politicians who don't live up to their professed principles. "

So on one side we have people who were fooled by these unprincipled politicians ie remainers who voted Brexit coz they believed.

Then on the other Brexiteers who feel these politicians aren't hard enough about Brexit?

Nobody is really happy on either side of the fence are they.

BUT point remains you can't pick and choose willy nilly. You have to work with the facts and the MPs who led the charge.

You capiche? :cheesy:

Yes agreed CV and I was precisely pointing out your point. Thank you.

What about SuperM suggesting the people in cabinet aren't the real Brexiteers?

Leadsom, Govey, Boris, Davis, Foxy, Raab I mean come on. All those MPs who campaigned for Brexit now aren't the ones who are True Brexiteers.

To quote SuperM "Regrettably, they are not true Brexiteers but unprincipled politicians who don't live up to their professed principles. "

So on one side we have people who were fooled by these unprincipled politicians ie remainers who voted Brexit coz they believed.

Then on the other Brexiteers who feel these politicians aren't hard enough about Brexit?

Nobody is really happy on either side of the fence are they.

BUT point remains you can't pick and choose willy nilly. You have to work with the facts and the MPs who led the charge.

You capiche? :cheesy:

I keep telling you, timing is everything.

Remind you again, nobody gives a cr4p what the CBI thinks, nor the experts, nor the crony corporate barriers to entry capitalists.

BTW, where's your m8 Clogg and his misleading comments about no EU army. I think we should extradite him from the US and put him in the Tower perhaps for misleading remainers at the referendum.(y)

Last edited:

When I was torn between voting leave and remain in the referendum, I never thought for a second that the leave option meant leave as long as we can get a good deal from the EU, it was just leave, all pro-leave commentators saying clearly that WTO rules would be better economically for the UK than remain. Any other leave option was bound to disappoint and is just political fudging, or its camouflaged remaining.

The public are not stupid and pursuing any deal which can be made to look poor (all of them) will lead to a generation of disaffection with Westminster. This could be very dangerous, the long-term costs to British democracy are impossible to see, but its hard not to see extremist political movements benefitting from this omni-shambles.

If there was a Brexit referendum tomorrow which rejected leaving or rejected the current deal, the remain camp should not take this as any endorsement of EU membership, its quite possibly just another protest against the incumbent government and a plea for an escape route from the May Brexit fiasco.

It’s a impossibility to get a outcome that suits everyone, the country is so devided, leave with a deal, leave without a deal. Remain, another referendum. Some not ar$$ed about Brexit at all..Tough call.

When I was torn between voting leave and remain in the referendum, I never thought for a second that the leave option meant leave as long as we can get a good deal from the EU, it was just leave, all pro-leave commentators saying clearly that WTO rules would be better economically for the UK than remain. Any other leave option was bound to disappoint and is just political fudging, or its camouflaged remaining.

The public are not stupid and pursuing any deal which can be made to look poor (all of them) will lead to a generation of disaffection with Westminster. This could be very dangerous, the long-term costs to British democracy are impossible to see, but its hard not to see extremist political movements benefitting from this omni-shambles.

If there was a Brexit referendum tomorrow which rejected leaving or rejected the current deal, the remain camp should not take this as any endorsement of EU membership, its quite possibly just another protest against the incumbent government and a plea for an escape route from the May Brexit fiasco.

Agreed Tom, and this is why I think we should either be all in or give total control to the hard brexiteers and let the Eurosceptics play their hand and show us what to do. It may take 10-20 years of hardship but at least UK destiny will be ascertained and we can resolve our future direction.

I reiterate a halfway deal whether it is Norwegian, Swiss or the Canadian deal of +++ is not for a big great nation like us. I have no idea why Brexiteers still touting these models.

We are not a small country. Similarly, turning UK into a niche safe haven for money like Switzerland will do nothing for the country as a whole. The North, Scotland, Wales or Ireland will be thrown into much painful hardship.

Low tax, low regulation and trade on WTO without European market is a recipe for disaster imo, but for the sake of our long term future I'm prepared to swallow that bitter pill.

Be a blast and probably much pain, but I'm sure I'll be able to laff it off taking the p!ss out of Brexiteers till thy kingdom come. (y)

Sorry to go on guys, but another thought sparked off from this post is that it was the Tory party calling for Brexit referendum and post referendum Tories putting party beyond and above country that has brought us all to this point of absolute mess.

Think about it, they never had sincere interest to leave EU. Cameron resigned.

TM now in power and no interest in delivering peoples will as you like to call it, because they know it's suicide for them as Brexit is a dreadful awful direction to lead country in.

As for the hard brexiteers or the rest of Tories, they have no interesting in losing power and thus maintain TM in government.

This whole show is just about Tories maintaining power. It's not about the people, public service, improving our conditions or leading the country. It's pure power plays.

Sadly Labour is in a similar camp.

I sincerely believe LibDems only decent party who have maintained an honest and integral position despite losing votes to the big talkers and celebrity politicians.

(y)

Remind you again, nobody gives a cr4p what the CBI thinks, nor the experts, nor the crony corporate barriers to entry capitalists.

BTW, where's your m8 Clogg and his misleading comments about no EU army. I think we should extradite him from the US and put him in the Tower perhaps for misleading remainers at the referendum.(y)

Macron and TM are 2 peas in a pod, both disrespecting the democratic process and p!ssing off the people, guillotine or axe? Vive la revolution.

Matey you are a quality act. Always digressing to Europe whenever you are confronted with problems in your own house.

Who cares about Trump or Macaron? Who cares if European Union going to implode or explode? UK should look out for her own interests making the best of all worlds.

So once again, what's happened to all those heroes of yours who championed Brexit? Leadsom, Boris, Moggy, Govey, Farage, Davis. You guys were all hoo harr and now they've made right pigs dinner of it all - either they weren't in government, not true Brexiteers or are now slimy slippery unprincipled politicians who don't represent Brexit?

Well who does Aeron Banks perhaps? Who?

Instead, you post some tripe about Macoron's troubles about raising taxes on fuel.

Was expecting something back from you having consulted your constituents and nothing we have nothing.

Timing you say. So now we waste more time to get deal to Parliament and then vote it down. Good luck with that too.

So to get this straight you are now calling to brake all agreements off.

Leave the Union without any agreement.

Revert to WTO.

Wait for UK and EU to reach some new deal or agreement in due course?

Go bilateral deal hunting out to the rest of the World?

Reduce taxes and induce mega spending to absorb EU withdrawal shock.

Cross your legs hoping something good comes out of it.

I'm assuming you have considered the impact of your actions and they are acceptable. Have you asked the British people what they think of your plan or you feel no need because you have legitimate support simply based on the referendum where 36% of population voted for Brexit?

:rolleyes:

Your mess just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Nobody gives a cr4p about what the Macaron thinks or troubles his having.

Leave Macaron's sh!t out and sort out your own sh!t would be my advice to you. ;)

Last edited:
la la la la

Matey you are a quality act. Always digressing to Europe whenever you are confronted with problems in your own house.

Who cares about Trump or Macaron? Who cares if European Union going to implode or explode? UK should look out for her own interests making the best of all worlds.

So once again, what's happened to all those heroes of yours who championed Brexit? Leadsom, Boris, Moggy, Govey, Farage, Davis. You guys were all hoo harr and now they've made right pigs dinner of it all - either they weren't in government, not true Brexiteers or are now slimy slippery unprincipled politicians who don't represent Brexit?

Well who does Aeron Banks perhaps? Who?

Instead, you post some tripe about Macoron's troubles about raising taxes on fuel.

Was expecting something back from you having consulted your constituents and nothing we have nothing.

Timing you say. So now we waste more time to get deal to Parliament and then vote it down. Good luck with that too.

So to get this straight you are now calling to brake all agreements off.

Leave the Union without any agreement.

Revert to WTO.

Wait for UK and EU to reach some new deal or agreement in due course?

Go bilateral deal hunting out to the rest of the World?

Reduce taxes and induce mega spending to absorb EU withdrawal shock.

Cross your legs hoping something good comes out of it.

I'm assuming you have considered the impact of your actions and they are acceptable. Have you asked the British people what they think of your plan or you feel no need because you have legitimate support simply based on the referendum where 36% of population voted for Brexit?

:rolleyes:

Your mess just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Nobody gives a cr4p about what the Macaron thinks or troubles his having.

Leave Macaron's sh!t out and sort out your own sh!t would be my advice to you. ;)

What you getting so hot under the collar about? What will be will be and there's nothing you can do about it. It will become clear soon enough that May can't possibly get this deal through the house and everything will carry on. Business will adapt to WTO and the EU can go to hell (y)

What you getting so hot under the collar about? What will be will be and there's nothing you can do about it. It will become clear soon enough that May can't possibly get this deal through the house and everything will carry on. Business will adapt to WTO and the EU can go to hell (y)

That last sentence, unfortunately, is your general attitude to everything that does not suit you. Perhaps TM does have a point. I'm beginning to like her more and more. At least, she has a plan.

Agreed Tom, and this is why I think we should either be all in or give total control to the hard brexiteers and let the Eurosceptics play their hand and show us what to do. It may take 10-20 years of hardship but at least UK destiny will be ascertained and we can resolve our future direction.

I reiterate a halfway deal whether it is Norwegian, Swiss or the Canadian deal of +++ is not for a big great nation like us. I have no idea why Brexiteers still touting these models.

We are not a small country. Similarly, turning UK into a niche safe haven for money like Switzerland will do nothing for the country as a whole. The North, Scotland, Wales or Ireland will be thrown into much painful hardship.

Low tax, low regulation and trade on WTO without European market is a recipe for disaster imo, but for the sake of our long term future I'm prepared to swallow that bitter pill.

Be a blast and probably much pain, but I'm sure I'll be able to laff it off taking the p!ss out of Brexiteers till thy kingdom come. (y)

I think the Conservative Brexiteers have got scared and could see they were going to be held accountable for either a fudged exit or a poor EU trade deal or a no-deal Brexit. The ideal environment of course for a politician is to have power without responsibility, and I think much of Brexit's Conservative support was from MP's who didn't like the powers that be within their own party but never dreamt they would actually win the referendum - Boris Johnson is the classic of the type - flirts with both Leave and Remain to get the best deal for himself - campaigns for Brexit but doesn't want to lead it - campaigns against TM but won't submit a letter of no confidence - likes to look like a principled committed Leaver but disappears when the fighting starts. Starts deflecting and campaigning for Asia Bibi in Pakistan to get asylum - a difficult case but nothing to do with him and miles from the major crisis facing his party.

Remember how he looked in pics the day the referendum result came out? Looked like he'd just crashed his Daddy's Bentley. Then if I remember right he quickly went abroad

The Conservative leadership are blatantly showing the nation what a bunch of self serving rats they are, leaving May's doomed ship.
The ole dear battles on though. Should sack them before they jump.