Brexit and the Consequences

The number of companies reporting:

1. suspension of investment and plans
2. considering relocating

Is considerably higher than those reporting new business based on my scouring of headlines. Yes it could be bias in the newspaper reporting headlines. Point taken.

PMI numbers came in considerably worse than expected. General concensus is that Brexit has compounded this decline.

Add fuel to the fire.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...k-wind-power-investment-following-brexit-vote

This will get worse https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/sep/02/how-care-crisis-making-old-age-nightmare

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...lan-investment-freeze-amid-brexit-fallout-cbi

PMI numbers came in considerably worse than expected.

As a trader I would have thought you would know that economic predcitions are most often wrong and that traders make money by trading the actual as opposed to predicted results. It is not surpising that things were on hold pending the result but to state that all is downhill now is too early in my view and it will be months before we know one way or the other.

Yes, I also find it surprising how the media are rushing to conclusions about the lack of negative effects feeding through already. Premature and ill judged and ignorant of the media.

None.
I am completely objective and analytical.
Theresa May should be appointed Queen after our queen passes away. Not that churlish no nothing self opinionated ignorant adulterer who wanted to be Camilla's tampon.
Also Corbyn and McDonnell and Milne should be sent to the Tower for high treason.

Booming Foyer

What are likely to be the consequences of Brexit?

If things go bad, the experts will say it is because of Brexit.
If things go good, the experts will say it is because of Brexit.

One thing is certain, The Foyer @ Trade2win is booming because of Brexit!

None.
I am completely objective and analytical.
Theresa May should be appointed Queen after our queen passes away. Not that churlish no nothing self opinionated ignorant adulterer who wanted to be Camilla's tampon.
Also Corbyn and McDonnell and Milne should be sent to the Tower for high treason.

How far does your analysis take you?

What does one do after Mr & Mrs May kick the bucket?

Ha ha very good
Comrade Corbyn will declare himself President for life and Lord High Protector. And will come to a similar inglorious end on the banks of the Thames

This lies at the crux of the problem of free movement.

You could just as easily apply the same phenomena across cities, countries, regions and even extend it to globalisation. If large centers are populated by wealth, expertise, youth etc, then it must follow that all other areas become poorer in many respects and this creates divides.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36854272

You could just as easily apply the same phenomena across cities, countries, regions and even extend it to globalisation. If large centers are populated by wealth, expertise, youth etc, then it must follow that all other areas become poorer in many respects and this creates divides.

Wasn't there some guy a few years ago forecasting a breakdown of the nation state model to be gradually replaced by a reversion to the fortified city model that preceded nation states.

Skanska Expects Brexit to Hurt Non-Housing U.K. Construction

Skanska AB, the Swedish construction company that built the City of London’s landmark Gherkin building, lowered its outlook for U.K. non-residential construction after the country voted to leave the European Union.

“Ahead of the Brexit vote, private developers were in a wait-and-see mode and refrained from starting projects -- that cautiousness has continued after the referendum,” Chief Executive Officer Johan Karlstroem said in a phone interview on Friday. “The worst case scenario is a continued prolonged uncertainty.”

Newsnight special.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...brexit-britain-one-month-in-newsnight-special

More talk talk. Nothing new. Still none the wiser on what's on offer. Yes the Brexit campaign was great and Remain was shiite.

Facts:
1. Sterling down 10%+
2. PMI shows much bigger than expected fall
3. Investments on hold or cancelled in UK until further noticte

Plans going forward:
1. Brexit means Brexit! What does Brexit mean?
2. Article 50 will not be invoked this year?
3. People in charge favour Canadian style membership! Not confirmed?
4. Australia and India would like trade deals with us???
a) What are current import/exports now to these countries?
b) What is the new deal on the table?
c) What does this mean in terms of gains and losses?
d) Is this something that we can sign up to without jeopardising EU trade (as we are led to believe that EU staunts us making trade deals with rest of the world)

Absolutely no facts other than talk and more talk.

Did I miss anything? :rolleyes:

More talk talk. Nothing new. Still none the wiser on what's on offer. Yes the Brexit campaign was great and Remain was shiite.

Facts:
1. Sterling down 10%+
2. PMI shows much bigger than expected fall
3. Investments on hold or cancelled in UK until further noticte

Plans going forward:
1. Brexit means Brexit! What does Brexit mean?
2. Article 50 will not be invoked this year?
3. People in charge favour Canadian style membership! Not confirmed?
4. Australia and India would like trade deals with us???
a) What are current import/exports now to these countries?
b) What is the new deal on the table?
c) What does this mean in terms of gains and losses?
d) Is this something that we can sign up to without jeopardising EU trade (as we are led to believe that EU staunts us making trade deals with rest of the world)

Absolutely no facts other than talk and more talk.

Did I miss anything? :rolleyes:

I'm just making available what's on offer.
I don't write the news !

But you are probably bored of hearing my opinion anyhow :LOL:

Sounds a bit like you are surprised that the Govt didn't have a post Brexit plan.
Can't say i'm surprised for a min.

The fault lies with arrogant politicians who didn't bank on the British public to bloody their noses.
I bet they won't make that mistake again in a hurry :LOL:

I'm just making available what's on offer.
I don't write the news !

But you are probably bored of hearing my opinion anyhow :LOL:

Sounds a bit like you are surprised that the Govt didn't have a post Brexit plan.
Can't say i'm surprised for a min.

The fault lies with arrogant politicians who didn't bank on the British public to bloody their noses.
I bet they won't make that mistake again in a hurry :LOL:

Well there was much analysis of what went wrong, why, but not much about post Brexit, which is what I'm looking forward at.

I do feel that the outcome will bear fruit one way or another in 10-20 years time however.

Heard Chinese now want a free trade agreement with us but can't talk any detail until we leave.

Fear we have a bit of the catch-22 syndrome coming upon us.

What I did notice, was that both Merkel and Holland held the EU line that single market membership meant free movement of people which they did not wish to compromise on. That doesn't sound good and I didn't receive that well.

There is some talk of temporary hold on free movement but what does temporary mean and what will it get us?

Well there was much analysis of what went wrong, why, but not much about post Brexit, which is what I'm looking forward at.

I do feel that the outcome will bear fruit one way or another in 10-20 years time however.

Heard Chinese now want a free trade agreement with us but can't talk any detail until we leave.

Fear we have a bit of the catch-22 syndrome coming upon us.

What I did notice, was that both Merkel and Holland held the EU line that single market membership meant free movement of people which they did not wish to compromise on. That doesn't sound good and I didn't receive that well.

There is some talk of temporary hold on free movement but what does temporary mean and what will it get us?

Posturing. They both have elections coming up. Hollande needn't bother cos he will be out anyway, but Merkel has all to play for. Her problem of course is to appear tough and uncompromising to the German electorate and the Brussels machine, but business are the paymasters, so whatever they decide is needed will be the order.

Our strength is in taking an uncompromising stance on this free movement issue. The EU needs to be under no illusion, that because we are more efficient and have more flexibility re labour laws, that the rest of the EU needs to get it's own house in order, before trying to lay the law down and lecture us. We should not be the scapegoat of the EU, whereby they get to export their unemployment problem to the UK.