Brexit and the Consequences

Trader333

8,479 879
PMI has been in a declining trend since mid way through 2013. It may have dipped more quickly since Brexit but it was heading that way anyway. It would not be surprising to see it bounce back to the trendline.

Attachments

barjon

Legendary member
10,235 1,538
All the current rhetoric from erstwhile exiters and remainers alike is of the "We must make it work" variety.

This smacks of a badly injured sportsman determined to get back into the game and convincing himself he will come back stronger than ever. Shame the injury was self-inflicted.

Trader333

8,479 879
In what way was a declining PMI self inflicted as it has been in a declining trend since 2013 which has nothing to do with Brexit ? The fact that it is reported as being caused by Brexit conveniently ignores the market trend already in existence.

barjon

Legendary member
10,235 1,538
In what way was a declining PMI self inflicted as it has been in a declining trend since 2013 which has nothing to do with Brexit ? The fact that it is reported as being caused by Brexit conveniently ignores the market trend already in existence.
Aye, I was just passing a general comment not replying to yours concerning PMI.

tar

Legendary member
10,441 1,309
PMI is just the start ... just watch the decline and trade it ...

Atilla

Legendary member
18,734 2,605
The number of companies reporting:

1. suspension of investment and plans
2. considering relocating

Is considerably higher than those reporting new business based on my scouring of headlines. Yes it could be bias in the newspaper reporting headlines. Point taken.

PMI numbers came in considerably worse than expected. General concensus is that Brexit has compounded this decline.

Add fuel to the fire.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jun/28/siemens-freezes-new-uk-wind-power-investment-following-brexit-vote

This will get worse https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/sep/02/how-care-crisis-making-old-age-nightmare

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/28/firms-plan-investment-freeze-amid-brexit-fallout-cbi

Trader333

8,479 879
PMI numbers came in considerably worse than expected.
As a trader I would have thought you would know that economic predcitions are most often wrong and that traders make money by trading the actual as opposed to predicted results. It is not surpising that things were on hold pending the result but to state that all is downhill now is too early in my view and it will be months before we know one way or the other.

Reactions: Oscar Reed

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
Yes, I also find it surprising how the media are rushing to conclusions about the lack of negative effects feeding through already. Premature and ill judged and ignorant of the media.

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
None.
I am completely objective and analytical.
Theresa May should be appointed Queen after our queen passes away. Not that churlish no nothing self opinionated ignorant adulterer who wanted to be Camilla's tampon.
Also Corbyn and McDonnell and Milne should be sent to the Tower for high treason.

Reactions: NickBk

new_trader

Legendary member
6,192 1,259
Booming Foyer

What are likely to be the consequences of Brexit?
If things go bad, the experts will say it is because of Brexit.
If things go good, the experts will say it is because of Brexit.

One thing is certain, The Foyer @ Trade2win is booming because of Brexit!

Atilla

Legendary member
18,734 2,605
None.
I am completely objective and analytical.
Theresa May should be appointed Queen after our queen passes away. Not that churlish no nothing self opinionated ignorant adulterer who wanted to be Camilla's tampon.
Also Corbyn and McDonnell and Milne should be sent to the Tower for high treason.

How far does your analysis take you?

What does one do after Mr & Mrs May kick the bucket?

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
Ha ha very good
Comrade Corbyn will declare himself President for life and Lord High Protector. And will come to a similar inglorious end on the banks of the Thames