Brexit and the Consequences

What a fine mess global financial institutions have gotten themselves into Stanley. But it's still nothing to do with Brexit.

What a fine mess global financial institutions have gotten themselves into Stanley. But it's still nothing to do with Brexit.
Sorry Signalcalc, but I'm afraid you're wrong about that; Brexit is responsible for everthing. I had a leak in my shower the other day and, when the plumber came to fix it, he blamed the problem on Brexit. He said it wouldn't have happened if we'd voted remain.
:p

Sorry Signalcalc, but I'm afraid you're wrong about that; Brexit is responsible for everthing. I had a leak in my shower the other day and, when the plumber came to fix it, he blamed the problem on Brexit. He said it wouldn't have happened if we'd voted remain.
:p

You'll have to watch out, Tim. All your local comerciants , probably the neighbours, too, know what you've done.

Yep, and ALL of it can be blamed on Keynsian economics, where there is NEVER a day of reckoning.

Future generations are screwed !

Last edited:
This news has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit and I have no idea why they labelled it with Post-Brexit Data as the UK economy was nose diving into a recession anyhow and the pound never should have been valued at 1.40 or 1.50 for that matter.

Beleaguered Pound Risks More Pain Amid Raft of Post-Brexit Data

This is just simply what can only be termed co-incidental event.

Wish those people at Bbg would get their act together ;)

She has already said that she will not sign art50 until the New Year. That makes the cut off date 2 years max. No change, really.

What it does show is the British inclination for procrastination, or sitting on the fence, which has been the _European problem ( the only one, really) with the UK since she joined EU. Foot dragging.

The UK is a big economy for the EU and it matters. It does the EU no good to have this indecision hanging over it--nor the UK, either.

She has already said that she will not sign art50 until the New Year. That makes the cut off date 2 years max. No change, really.

What it does show is the British inclination for procrastination, or sitting on the fence, which has been the _European problem ( the only one, really) with the UK since she joined EU. Foot dragging.

The UK is a big economy for the EU and it matters. It does the EU no good to have this indecision hanging over it--nor the UK, either.

What it does show, is that the UK is now looking after its own interests. If indeed the British do have an inclination for procrastination, I very much doubt that it is the biggest problem in the EU – which has a fundamentally flawed currency and a dubious democracy.

What it does show, is that the UK is now looking after its own interests. If indeed the British do have an inclination for procrastination, I very much doubt that it is the biggest problem in the EU – which has a fundamentally flawed currency and a dubious democracy.

The UK has, always, looked after her own interests. It was in her interest to join--no one forced her--and it is in her own interests to leave--half thinks! Even now, she is dragging her feet, but Europe is used to that.

That's ok. It's a matter of opinion. You live there and I live here. It's a matter of choice. There are plenty of worse places for both of us.

A lot of people don't seem to have this figured out.

UK as a member of the EU, was in part there to keep Germany's ambitions in check.

Thankfully, enough Brits showed a great deal of common sense by voting to jettison this crap membership deal of ever closer integration under an ever increasing centralist power base dominated by Germany.

For the EU member countries going forward, here is what the future holds. You will all become minor players, controlled by Merkels Germany, where Germany reaps all the rewards, and the rest of you take all the sh1t.

For Germany to become more powerful, succesful and rich. The rest will all become relatively poorer. This is Germanys vision for Europe.

Merkel is succeeding in delivering Hitlers agenda and not a single shot has been fired.

A lot of people don't seem to have this figured out.

UK as a member of the EU, was in part there to keep Germany's ambitions in check.

Thankfully, enough Brits showed a great deal of common sense by voting to jettison this crap membership deal of ever closer integration under an ever increasing centralist power base dominated by Germany.

For the EU member countries going forward, here is what the future holds. You will all become minor players, controlled by Merkels Germany, where Germany reaps all the rewards, and the rest of you take all the sh1t.

For Germany to become more powerful, succesful and rich. The rest will all become relatively poorer. This is Germanys vision for Europe.

Merkel is succeeding in delivering Hitlers agenda and not a single shot has been fired.

You are sooooo very wrong. To check German ambitions right from the start the EEC really started off with the Schuman plan and then signing of the European Coal and Steel Community to ensure German war machines could not be established with the French over seeing core input.

In fact instead of their being any friction between France and Germany (whilst there was some distrust), the French with de Gaulle cemented their relationship supported by the USA to counteract Russian influence in Europe. The special relationship signed between France and Germany in 1963 is even stronger now along with UK's part in that relationship.

The UK with Churchill wanted to play no part joining the original six countries, which it looked down upon, other than making sure Germany did not regain any military ambitions and Russia was kept at arms length by strong Europe.

UK only joined in 1973 because it was losing in the economic arena and wanted a piece of the action that EEC was seeing.

It was EU that stopped the rot not darling Thatcher who only decimated manufacturer and laid the foundations of the financial crash (with the big bang and self regulation) which the City of London due to her policies participated in fully, hence losing credibility.

If you care to check GBPUSD reached 2.10 around 2008 when US financial institutions were unravelling as flight to safety sought out London's institutions as being safe. Only to drop right back down again once we had Northern Rock and RBS along with few others begin to unravel.

Wish you read a little and get your facts straight. :whistling

First thing the EU need to do is rid itself of the current plonkers running the show else they headed down a one way to a problematic destination.

Olympic success. Personally I blame it all on Brexit.

Manchester hosting the homecoming team parade. Yep, we can blame that on Brexit too.

Anyone know where the Aussies are in the medal table? :LOL:
Ah, found them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/rio-2016/medals/countries

Old Pats village team have done well.

UK medal chart will look like the Nikki 225 chart from the 80's going forward.

With Theresa May in power you are going nowhere, article 50 a pommy dream.:LOL:

You still need EU permission to have a parade,:LOL:

Old Pats village team have done well.

UK medal chart will look like the Nikki 225 chart from the 80's going forward.

With Theresa May in power you are going nowhere, article 50 a pommy dream.:LOL:

You still need EU permission to have a parade,:LOL:

SHHHH! You are giving the nasty Germans' secrets away! It's all part of the plot.

Theresa has been in bed with Angela from the word go. :sneaky:

I wonder why so much time is spent in telling everyone what EU is, or wants to do?

What UK needs is to do is do whatever it can. Then, EU and UK must negotiate the rest. End of story.

What EU "needs" to do, "should" do, or "wants" to do is of no concern of the UK, anymore. It should be, but the UK has decided on Brexit.

All current talk is, therefore, rhetoric, meant to persuade any doubters in the UK that they have done the right thing, or not. You have a 52% lead. It's a start.

Yet another survey and another perspective.

EU Companies to Move Away From U.K. Banks on Brexit, Survey Says

Twenty-eight percent of companies on the continent are planning to move away from British banks, with 20 percent shifting business to global lenders, the financial services consulting firm said Tuesday, citing responses from 63 European and U.K. corporations. About 8 percent of U.K. companies will increase the amount of commerce they conduct with domestic lenders, according to the survey.

Should we be concerned? :rolleyes:

Why are you constantly looking for reinforcement of your pessimistic Brexit view? What is of more interest is that the most severe of the predictions made by Remainers have not happened.

The latest economic figures have been much more positive than all Remainers predicted but as I said earlier it is too early to know the long term impact although this was also positive.

Exports, housing and construction all stay strong as Britain defies Brexit pessimists

Why are you constantly looking for reinforcement of your pessimistic Brexit view? What is of more interest is that the most severe of the predictions made by Remainers have not happened.

The latest economic figures have been much more positive than all Remainers predicted but as I said earlier it is too early to know the long term impact although this was also positive.

Exports, housing and construction all stay strong as Britain defies Brexit pessimists

In another thread, he advocates a free for all on the use of illegal drugs.